my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » NEW SONG!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW SONG!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 27, 2012 13:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/11/27/exclusive-track-premiere-voivods-target-earth/

Hell yeah!....not new really, we've heard it live but this is the first time I've heard the actual studio product....and it sounds freaking amazing.........

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 27, 2012 14:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

AWESOME!!!!
Piggy must be smiling VOIVOD LIVES!!!!
Love this!!!

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 27, 2012 14:39     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds even better than I had imagined! The wait for this one is killing me!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 27, 2012 14:50     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Goosebumps in my groint

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted November 27, 2012 15:05     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not even commenting on the song. Nothing to add... JUST BRILLIANT.

I just wanted to comment on the production: I LOVE IT, because it sounds clear and powerful, yet organic and with some reminiscence of the Musiclab days, it's like best of both worlds. Old and New.
Special mention goes to Snake's voice... I love the sort of "space" it has... I wasn't a big fan of the dry sound it had on the Jason era, so this sounds just about perfect for me.
Happy Voivodian here!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 27, 2012 15:28     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Two months to go and the wait has just gotten harder.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 27, 2012 15:34     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snake's singing has really improved. I agree on Igor's statement.

This is going to be gooooooooooooood.

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 27, 2012 19:56     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 27, 2012 22:30     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Love Dan's solo too! Not like Piggy at all in that department, but that is a new sonic element to Voivod that I look forward to hearing more of. The band sounds great!

And I think we can all let out a sigh that they aren't taking the music in this direction...

Global Warning (Lovelock Remix)

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Cthon
Member # 156

posted November 28, 2012 05:44     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
arghhhhhh, Mike. my ears....

the production on the new stuff is badass. that bass sounds so clear and deadly. whole package is awesome...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted November 28, 2012 08:11     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm loving this shit!!!!!!!!! Sounds like recorded in an attic, old school vibe, FUCKING RULZ!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted November 28, 2012 16:02     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Love it! Can't wait for the complete album

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted November 29, 2012 06:20     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:

And I think we can all let out a sigh that they aren't taking the music in this direction...

Global Warning (Lovelock Remix)

Ok, that was traumatic!

I kept waiting for the Rod Stewart sample, "iiiif ya waaaant mah body aaaaaan ya think i'm saxy..."

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 29, 2012 11:38     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
do not like... extremely pissed off!!! wanted Outer Limits... got Killing Technology!!! solos out of place... mixing all fucked up!!!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 29, 2012 14:25     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I put a pound of sugar in a customers gas tank and intentionally ran over a cat on a test drive!

I hope someone feels good about that...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 29, 2012 15:20     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatröss:
I put a pound of sugar in a customers gas tank and intentionally ran over a cat on a test drive!

I hope someone feels good about that...

On what drugs are you?

--------------------

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 29, 2012 16:41     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
On what drugs are you?

I see... you must own a cat?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 30, 2012 06:31     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatröss:
I see... you must own a cat?

yes, in fact 2 of them

--------------------

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted December 01, 2012 21:23     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOVE the composition, LOVE the performances, LOVE the double-tracked vox, really cool shit going on in this track.

But I'm distracted as hell by the snare - Not sure if they compressed the shit out of it, or if it's related to the gated multi-mic'ing trick or what, but that snare sound is distracting me, it almost sounds artificial. I'm hoping it'll sound fuller when I get physical copy as opposed to this at least somewhat-squashed mp3.

Great track, high expectations for the album! Well done, gents...

All the best,
PAULIE

ADDENDUM - I think I'm overthinking it. It's not a bad snare sound at all, but there's something about the processing, it gets obvious around 2:45 when the wash drops out... Again, I DO like the track, don't get me wrong!

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted December 02, 2012 02:24     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
LOVE the composition, LOVE the performances, LOVE the double-tracked vox, really cool shit going on in this track.

But I'm distracted as hell by the snare - Not sure if they compressed the shit out of it, or if it's related to the gated multi-mic'ing trick or what, but that snare sound is distracting me, it almost sounds artificial. I'm hoping it'll sound fuller when I get physical copy as opposed to this at least somewhat-squashed mp3.

Great track, high expectations for the album! Well done, gents...

All the best,
PAULIE

ADDENDUM - I think I'm overthinking it. It's not a bad snare sound at all, but there's something about the processing, it gets obvious around 2:45 when the wash drops out... Again, I DO like the track, don't get me wrong!

It may just be the lower bit-rate stream. It will screw with frequencies.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 02, 2012 05:29     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the left edge of the hi-hat was mixed 3.651% too loud, but luckily the low-pass filter frequencies were ring-modulated just in time for that to pass unnoticed for most listeners. Other than that, this is...PUURRRFEEEKKTT!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 02, 2012 08:00     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haters... HATERS!!

Or should that be Hätors!!

Love it. Love that Dan's added a bit of himself through the solo. The man deserves it.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 02, 2012 10:16     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just keeping true to the name, brutal! gotta keep em on their toes...

with the advent of the internet this band is a democracy now, I'm in the band damit

don't tell anybody cause I don't want to appear non-hardcore but it actually fucking rules saving my fanboy praises for the final release... you're going to have people (mainly me) analyzing every recorded second on this release certifying it. Though I have been processing overtime the solos this track and Mechanical Mind, I think I can wrap my brain around em.

as long as Dan's favorite band is VoiVod I'm ok with it \m/

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 04, 2012 17:03     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well here i am drinking a nice glass of red wine. I decide to listen to the snippets of the new album once again. After that is the new song target earth 2 times in a row and after that the song as played in Tilburg.
I think we have a monster coming out in januari.

Why do we have to wait for so long. The cd was done in april of this year... Imagine the world realy ends 21 december, we never get to hear it.......

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted December 04, 2012 18:14     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Take it easy bro, if anyone knows how to fuck up a complete universe through a quasar moved by a powerful psychic power, that's the mighty Voivod. Fucking mayas and their apocalyptic bullshit better not mess with the Voivod's plans

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan