my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » EARLS OF MARS (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: EARLS OF MARS
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 31, 2012 18:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since the ever humble, yet multi talented musician, professional drinker, and all round cool guy H hasn't posted this here, I feel it is my duty to share this. http://theearlsofmars.bandcamp.com/album/the-skies-are-falling

Since I already ordered my cd you may now order one or many for yourself, but there's only 200 of them... go GET SOME, or at least pay the small fee and download this thing.

stop reading this and GO DAMNIT

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 31, 2012 20:16     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Liked what I heard A LOT! I will be ordering this tonight after the wife and baby are in bed..........
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 01, 2012 10:16     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
awwww... now I'm all blushing and shit! Glad you like it. It's too much fun for me to stop.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 01, 2012 12:24     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crap. I must order that. Thanks shroeder for sharing The Earls of Mars! Love your vocals h.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted November 01, 2012 13:02     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great stuff.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 04, 2012 17:49     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very nice

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 06, 2012 19:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I tried waiting until the cd arrived, but my desire to hear this outweighed my patience, and I listened to the download of the 3 songs... FUCKIN BRILLIANT. Like a demented movie set to music that paints pictures in your head that you'll never fully understand exactly what the fuck they mean but makes you want to keep listening so maybe one day you'll figure it out.
Masterpiece of Dementia.

--------------------

yawn

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 12, 2012 04:36     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn Schroeder! That's another beer I owe you! Glad you're enjoying it mate. Cheers!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 12, 2012 09:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I received the disc and badge the other day and it's in heavy rotation where ever I go. I already listened to it this morning on my ride out for breakfast.
As usual, awesome, tunes!!!
I'll get that beer from ya when you tour the states one day.

--------------------

yawn

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted December 12, 2013 21:08     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'arry?
what have you done?
y'know, there's one of the seven deadly sins...
envy...

GIMME THAT TALENT OF YOURS! NOW!

Seriously, the new EOM is something incredible. Every song just makes me go like "Damn that is sweet (riff/lick/groove/voice effect). And all that theatricality? You're giving these clowns of Ghost and their likes the run for their money. And of course the wit is another winner.

What's the style again? I'm putting it into 'theatrical avant-doom' bin. Sounds like Tom Waits was invited to sing on the continuation album of Dactylis-13th Sun era of Candlemass

Speaking of, Candlemass are always looking for singers, wink wink nudge nudge knowwhatimean...

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 12, 2013 22:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh Yum.....Ordering tomorrow!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 13, 2013 10:59     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh heh... you're all very kind! I'm only doing it in the vague hope that we'll get on a tour that comes through the hometowns of all the VVF's. I can't afford another Wacken!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted December 14, 2013 13:22     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This album is so good, it's ridiculous. From the production to the song writing, to the art on the CD cover, it's got it all. It's heavy and twisted and catchy and noisy and tight. 10/10.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 16, 2013 20:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Every time I listen to this cd I keep thinking "How the fuck did come up with this?" I hear Tom Waits, Louie Armstrong, and so many other genres, and bands all rolled in to one hell of an original sounding band.
I want to review this album for the next online ROCK VOLTAGE magazine, but I'm worried, that I can't even come up with the right words to do it justice. It's almost impossible to describe, you just have to open your, ears and your mind and listen to it... again and again and again and again...

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 20, 2013 20:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got mine yesterday finally. It would be redundant to echo what's already been said without sounding like a slobbering fanboy. But damnation!...and the vocals on the 'Last Eyemaker' song....you gotta be kidding me! Dude, you sound possessed! I mean seriously...wow. I could think of some more great examples but I'm too tired now and I have kids yelling in my ear...blah blah blah....thanks for the music man.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 21, 2013 09:36     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers all. Knowing how damn fussy you lot are about what you listen to, these comments mean a hell of a lot more than the usual reviews. Really didn't expect this to go down so well with VVF's. Perhaps we should tour with the 'Vod
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 21, 2013 09:44     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Cheers all. Knowing how damn fussy you lot are about what you listen to, these comments mean a hell of a lot more than the usual reviews. Really didn't expect this to go down so well with VVF's. Perhaps we should tour with the 'Vod

You should. And come to my town of course!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 21, 2013 19:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:

That would definitely be an incredible show if it were to happen.

--------------------

yawn

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 26, 2013 20:17     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I listened. I liked. I will order
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 27, 2013 20:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was listening to TOMAHAWK's latest "Oddfellows" cd today and 1/2 way through I thought they should tour with The Earls of Mars; because, it would be an incredible combination of 2 bands that totally think, write, and play outside the box of any music genre.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 28, 2013 22:39     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whoa.....talk about a dream tour. That reminds me, I need to pick up 'Oddfellows'.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 29, 2013 07:55     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tomahawk & The Earls? Dave... you paint a beautiful picture. Wanna be our manager?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 29, 2013 16:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let me call Mike Patton and see what I can set up!

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 30, 2013 10:44     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Let me call Mike Patton and see what I can set up!

Can you give Patton my phone number?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 13, 2014 09:35     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Earls Video

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan