my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Target Earth cover artwork revealed! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Target Earth cover artwork revealed!
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted October 26, 2012 10:22     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 26, 2012 10:53     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking fantastic! Must... have...

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted October 26, 2012 10:56     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... and a special edition with 2 bonus CDs with every demo recorded 2008-2012.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 26, 2012 13:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And the Eric Forrest demo....

Nice cover. Made in the Probot timezone I imagine

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted October 26, 2012 15:53     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
And the Eric Forrest demo....

Nice cover. Made in the Probot timezone I imagine

I would disagree. I would also love to hear the demo, but this way is not proper. This demo has nothing to do with the upcoming album.

The proper way would be to lock Away, Chewy and E-Force (sorry Snake and Blacky, you weren't in the process of writing those songs, but who knows - a 5-piece recording might be as good) in the studio for a week and have these songs finally recorded, and then released (together with the demo as a bonus disc) as the last tribute to Piggy.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 26, 2012 21:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hate to say it but I'm not feeling this cover. I like some parts of the background and also the colors in the skyline. But the evil character holding the raygun kind of kills it for me. Perhaps I should reserve judgement for it when the album comes out and I can tie the cover with the lyrical themes.......Hopefully it'll jive a bit more when I have the whole package in front of me.

Course I'm not worried about the music at all..............

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 26, 2012 22:55     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like this cover.
I would rather hear the E-Force demos rerecorded properly as well though.

--------------------

String em up

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted October 27, 2012 02:06     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like it, but have to get used to it. It remembers me of Probot too in a way.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 27, 2012 05:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hex,

This is not going to happen! So someone better bring it on...
Hopefully we get to hear it someday.

Is there realy no one out there who has it??

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 27, 2012 06:21     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the cover.

Tracklisting revealed as well:

01. Target Earth
02. Kluskap O'Kom
03. Empathy for the Enemy
04. Mechanical Mind
05. Warchaic
06. Resistance
07. Kaleidos
08. Corps Étranger
09. Artefact
10. Defiance

Can't wait to hear this!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted October 27, 2012 11:41     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More details. I especially like the format options!

Target Earth Details

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted October 27, 2012 12:33     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice ! Kaleidos !!!

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 27, 2012 13:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The album will be available as a CD, gatefold double vinyl and a limited edition deluxe box set (details on that to be announced soon).

Take a wild guess at which one I'll be buying.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted October 27, 2012 14:17     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
The album will be available as a CD, gatefold double vinyl and a limited edition deluxe box set (details on that to be announced soon).

Yeah. I'm thinking at least two of the three.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 27, 2012 15:16     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Probot cover also came to my mind when I first saw it. Good.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 27, 2012 19:00     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

The cassette?

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 28, 2012 09:14     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 28, 2012 09:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the special 8-Track Tape & the very limited Reel to Reel versions!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 28, 2012 15:48     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
128 kbps mp3 version?

Cover looks cool, I hope there is a lot more art included! CAN'T WAIT!

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 28, 2012 17:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

My guess would be you buy them all in all available colors...

--------------------

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted October 29, 2012 14:00     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
So someone better bring it on...
Hopefully we get to hear it someday.

Away said in several interviews that he has allocated all his tapes to labels for bonus-track materials. This demo was initially allocated for DVOD-2. Hardly the best fit for a DVD: pure audio material, very hard to integrate into DVD menus to keep it all consistent, even if included it's most likely going to be encoded in some DVD-friendly lossy format such as MP3 or AC3. Doesn't make sense for either the demo - remember, that's the last pieces of unheard Piggy's music! - or the DVD.
There are several reasons I could speculate DVOD-2 was never released. First, doesn't seem like there's enough good video material for it, otherwise they wouldn't even think of putting the audio demo there. Second, I doubt DVOD-1 was all that financially successful, so the label, not expecting the second installment that covers a considerably less popular period of the band to have any chance of topping or even matching it, has most likely just folded the project. Away is not talking too much about it, and that's understandable: who would like to anger the fans with the news like that? So, in all likelihood, DVOD-2 (not even mentioning DVOD-3) will never happen.
So what are the realistic options?
Century Media could, theoretically, sponsor such a project if the new album sells. The other, cheaper and more realistic, possible scenario is for the same Century Media to reissue "Lives" (they own distribution rights) with this demo as a bonus disc. Since the rights were split between CM (Europe) and Metal Blade (US), there's just one more legal pain in the ass to solve though, so getting back to making it an individual release, as a re-recording or just a demo, doesn't sound too complicated any more.

But the crucial fact is: any plans for any demo reissues (through traditional labels) really depend on the financial success of the upcoming record.

quote:
Is there realy no one out there who has it??

Two people who have been confirmed to have it: Away and Yuri. Maybe, possibly: Eric, Steve Albini(who was supposed to produce the record and most likely heard the demo), some people at the labels and promotional agencies. I suspect no more than 20 copies were ever made, that's one golden piece of collectors' items for sure. I wouldn't hold my breath for seeing one of them on eBay or GEMM.

quote:
Hex,

This is not going to happen!

Talking about about a mustard seed of faith? In 2003, our friend K was ridiculed for yelling "BLACKY!" at a Voivod show

Now, there's always a chance that the band will leave the proper albums to the labels and start issuing the demo/live/bootleg stuff exclusively through Iron Gang Factory, in either physical form or straight to Bandcamp. Time to yell "BANDCAMP!" at the shows?

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 29, 2012 22:00     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Couldn't have said it better myself, so I second what Hex stated. I also think the IGF would be the best place to release the demo, only us, the die-hard fans, would at first be anxious to buy it after all. Obviously it would be much more appreciated in a proper release than buried in a DVD audio section.

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted October 30, 2012 03:53     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
While roaming around this year's 'Dutch Design Week' in Eindhoven, I saw a guy launch some kind of flying contraption. I stood there & watched, it was so cool! I snapped a couple of pix, too, and as soon as I saw this one I thought, "Target Earth!"

(I can't seem to find any info about who/what -- the event's website is not exactly a credit to good design -- so, thanks mystery guy & mystery invention for a few moments of wonder).

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 30, 2012 10:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like the Voivod spider. COOL

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 30, 2012 11:09     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Curious flying object. Maybe it wasn't launched by a participant of Dutch Design Week.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan