my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » MECHANICAL MIND full song streaming now over at Pitchfork.com (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: MECHANICAL MIND full song streaming now over at Pitchfork.com
Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted September 27, 2012 11:55     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pretty smarmy thing that the writer says about it and the band, but check out the full song over at Pitchfork now!
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/14327-mechanical-mind/

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 27, 2012 12:45     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good news. No more just snippets in my brain. WHAT A SONG... Fucking hell.

Thank you so much. Can't wait for the full length album.

Seems to me it is Nothingface meets Phobos meets Dimension Hatross meets ...Phobos

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted September 27, 2012 13:04     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This song is soooo amazing... The mid section is just brilliant. Goosebumps all the way.
Chewy is the man (or the wookie?). I NEED THIS ALBUM NOW!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted September 27, 2012 13:19     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wowser, what an amazing tune

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 27, 2012 14:06     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm hearing so many elements in this song! After a few listens, I'm getting a vibe of a Killing Technology/Phobos mix.

Talk about returning with a fucking vengeance!

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 27, 2012 14:08     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Pretty smarmy thing that the writer says about it and the band, but check out the full song over at Pitchfork now!

Yeah. Sounds like he suffers from ADD.

thrashingdutchman
VoivodFan
Member # 506

posted September 27, 2012 14:46     Profile for thrashingdutchman   Email thrashingdutchman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blimey! I like

--------------------

V.O.I.V.O.D.:
Versatile Organism Intended for Violence and Online Destruction

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 27, 2012 15:13     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn. Fucking. Brilliant.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

B.U.C.O.
VoivodFan
Member # 1299

posted September 27, 2012 16:42     Profile for B.U.C.O.   Email B.U.C.O.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck yeah!
The wait for the album just got harder though

--------------------

Flicker, flicker, flicker, flap, POW!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 27, 2012 17:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Obviously the reviewer doesn't have a fuckin' clue what Voivod is all about. This is fuckin' EPIC and devastating and classick and_______ ...
I need the 7 inch etched vinyl and I NEED January 2013 to get here, like tomorrow!!!

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 27, 2012 18:08     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

I need the 7 inch etched vinyl and I NEED January 2013 to get here, like tomorrow!!!

What he said.

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted September 27, 2012 19:52     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't take the reviewer seriously, since he's wrong starting at the first sentence: "Another Voivod album, another Voivod lineup." Apparently Warriors Of Ice is not an album. Even if you didn't want to consider it "an album" just because it's live, the prior three albums all had the same lineup, so fuck this guy with a bus. Dude's first name is "Grayson," so perhaps this is how someone talks after a childhood full of beatings and friendlessness.

Too dark?

All the best,
PAULIE

PS PLEASE TURN THE BASS GUITAR UP IN THE MIX!!! We can hear it buzzing there, but this production needs more of a raw edge to it for my tastes... The song itself is great, but I need to get my ass kicked like my name was Grayson!

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 27, 2012 19:57     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
...so fuck this guy with a bus. Dude's first name is "Grayson," so perhaps this is how someone talks after a childhood full of beatings and friendlessness... The song itself is great, but I need to get my ass kicked like my name was Grayson!

Fucking beautiful! I prefer your review of Grayson to the review of the song.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 27, 2012 22:45     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The track sounds amazing! Great to hear the whole thing and it really makes it hard to wait for the full fidelity version of the single... and fuck... the album... oh the horror of the wait, haha!

The reviewer obviously misses the point, which is most likely why he writes for Pitchfork.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 27, 2012 23:18     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't notice there was a review... Not with this monster of a song! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ENTIRE ALBUM!!!!!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted September 28, 2012 03:09     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
I didn't notice there was a review... Not with this monster of a song! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ENTIRE ALBUM!!!!!!!

me, too!

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted September 28, 2012 09:26     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just pre-ordered my 7 inch !! limited to 1000...numbered 01-200 on red 201-400 on blue and the rest on black !! heres the link
http://www.cmdistro.de/Artist/Voivod/198

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted September 28, 2012 11:49     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan is possessed by Piggy. In a good way

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 28, 2012 12:56     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SpeeDDemoN:
Just pre-ordered my 7 inch !! limited to 1000...numbered 01-200 on red 201-400 on blue and the rest on black !! heres the link
http://www.cmdistro.de/Artist/Voivod/198

AHHHH. Only available through the Euro store.

Tyronehell
VoivodFan
Member # 555

posted September 28, 2012 14:13     Profile for Tyronehell   Email Tyronehell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just ordered one of each. Now roll on Dublin.

--------------------

You better put it in before you get old - Lemmy - On Parole

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 28, 2012 20:51     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hah, I had to read it too didn't I . What a prize wanker.

Awesome track, one is pleased!

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 28, 2012 21:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just ordered all 3 colors of the 7 inch. The north American site shows them but all 3 are listed as Out of stock. I couldn't take a chance of not adding these to my collection, so I forked out almost 40 Euros (didn't even bother to see what that is in the US Dollars) at the European CM Distro.
Thanks to Robert for offering to pick these up at the show for me. With only 1000 being made, I was afraid they'd be sold out before then.
Now to try and find the will power to NOT have to have everything else on vinyl... although I found myself on Ebay today looking at all the VOIVOD vinyl that had to sell from my collection years ago. Temptation!!!

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 28, 2012 22:25     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I just ordered all 3 colors of the 7 inch. The north American site shows them but all 3 are listed as Out of stock. I couldn't take a chance of not adding these to my collection, so I forked out almost 40 Euros (didn't even bother to see what that is in the US Dollars) at the European CM Distro.
Thanks to Robert for offering to pick these up at the show for me. With only 1000 being made, I was afraid they'd be sold out before then.
Now to try and find the will power to NOT have to have everything else on vinyl... although I found myself on Ebay today looking at all the VOIVOD vinyl that had to sell from my collection years ago. Temptation!!!

I had the same concern. I sent an email to the order dept. for Century Media. As expected, no response. I ordered the red and blue through the Euro site. I'll take my chances and order the black when the N. America site gets its shit together.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 28, 2012 22:30     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RUSH/VOIVOD
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted September 28, 2012 23:50     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't do it - Even just one copy to the US is almost $20 w postage. I'd love to but can't justify it, winter's coming and it looks like I'll be selling some shit just to keep the house warm. If Iron Gang ends up w any, I'll do it.

Fuck.

Brr,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan