my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » September 24

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: September 24
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 24, 2012 12:43     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's September 24. Off today and celebrating Piggy's legacy. Today is also Speed's 10th birthday. A few months ago, he wanted me to record his first crack at "Tribal Convictions". He got an iPod Touch for his birthday and the first thing he had me do was load the Voivod app on there for him.

"Tribal Convictions"

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 24, 2012 13:09     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is sooo cool!!

Nice name SPEED!! is it his nickname or his birthname?

I am happy as a kid with my oldest son Mille who can't stop listening to Iron Maiden, Metallica, Annihillator and Rammstein.

Every once in a while I give hem a Voivod record to listen to.

No succes. (Maybe no easy listening for a 14 year old metalhead in progress)

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 24, 2012 14:18     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That rules...a drummer in the making. Love it.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 24, 2012 17:30     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
This is sooo cool!!

Nice name SPEED!! is it his nickname or his birthname?

I am happy as a kid with my oldest son Mille who can't stop listening to Iron Maiden, Metallica, Annihillator and Rammstein.

Every once in a while I give hem a Voivod record to listen to.

No succes. (Maybe no easy listening for a 14 year old metalhead in progress)

Speed is his birth name. He loves Iron Maiden too.

He tells people he has the same birthday as Piggy, but they have no idea what he's talking about.

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted September 24, 2012 20:43     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amazing ... you can tell the young metalhead has good timing and touch for his age. There's definitely drummer material in there. Congrats!!!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 24, 2012 22:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happiness being a proud father and watching your son play VOIVOD

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 24, 2012 22:47     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Happiness being a proud father and watching your son play VOIVOD

It really is, especially when it comes to an instrument I can't begin to play. He sorts songs out on his own and starts playing them. He's since watched the DVD and figured out that Away plays keeps the beat with the bass drum. I tried to get him to re-record it tonight, but he was too busy finding a way to work his new double-bass into "School" from Nirvana.

There was a lot of Piggy talk around the house tonight. We celebrated both birthdays, with cake!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 25, 2012 10:44     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's so badass. Great way to celebrate.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 29, 2012 22:39     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He insisted that he update this video today. Wasn't happy with his first performance...

Tribal Convictions Update

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 30, 2012 02:27     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Huggs deserved!!

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted September 30, 2012 04:23     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

thrashingdutchman
VoivodFan
Member # 506

posted September 30, 2012 08:38     Profile for thrashingdutchman   Email thrashingdutchman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Such a young talent. Sweet! Commented and liked on Youtube (leeonegative)

--------------------

V.O.I.V.O.D.:
Versatile Organism Intended for Violence and Online Destruction

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 30, 2012 19:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya gotta respect a kid that does something good and then does it even better. KICK ASS!!!

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 30, 2012 22:47     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you for all the positivity. He's always been around the music, but as his interest in art and drums grew, he really began to identify with them. It's really cool to watch. Him trying to explain Voivod to his friends though...

He still hasn't learned that lesson yet.

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted October 03, 2012 11:02     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last night I dreamed that I was at Voivod in Nijmegen, but instead of the Doornroosje it looked like the auditorium of my old high school, and there were six people on stage: Voivod, Paul's son on guitar and your son on drums...! The kids were at the front & center of the stage. Paul, Rob & some other random Dutch people were sitting (!) in the front row, headbanging like crazy; everyone else was sitting quietly like it was a recital. I was way up in the nosebleed section. This was the second Voivod-related dream in the past week; the first one had some kind of crazy cirque du soleil theme (tour anticipation, anyone?).
Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 05, 2012 05:45     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Leeds tonight. Look out for my distinctive "Too Scared To Scream" leather jacket paint job !

--------------------

Good lord ! How long ago was that???

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted October 05, 2012 05:56     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
Last night I dreamed that I was at Voivod in Nijmegen, but instead of the Doornroosje it looked like the auditorium of my old high school, and there were six people on stage: Voivod, Paul's son on guitar and your son on drums...! The kids were at the front & center of the stage. Paul, Rob & some other random Dutch people were sitting (!) in the front row, headbanging like crazy; everyone else was sitting quietly like it was a recital. I was way up in the nosebleed section. This was the second Voivod-related dream in the past week; the first one had some kind of crazy cirque du soleil theme (tour anticipation, anyone?).

Dunno what you had for breakfast, but I want some of it

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted October 05, 2012 11:15     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm, now that you mention it, I did have a scoop of Frozen Dutch "Kruisbessen Mascarpone" shortly before retiring. That stuff is intense! Maybe even hallucinatory? Check out the flavors here
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 05, 2012 17:48     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mmmmmm....

This is gonna be cool.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan