my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD Signs With CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: VOIVOD Signs With CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 04, 2012 12:21     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Century Media Records has announced the signing of Canadian metal innovators VOIVOD.

To coincide with the band's 30th anniversary — the band was founded in late January 1983 — VOIVOD's own company, Iron Gang Factory, has joined forces with global powerhouse Century Media to release the group's new album, "Target Earth", on January 22, 2013 (one day earlier internationally).

Commented VOIVOD: "Our goal has been to find a partner for Iron Gang Factory to help get new VOIVOD music to the world and Century Media, we are proud to say, is the right company to do so globally. We can't wait to release tour and promote 'Target Earth'."

"Target Earth" was recorded in January at Pierre Rémillard's (OBLIVEON, CRYPTOPSY, KRISIUN, MISERY INDEX) Wild Studio in a small town called St-Zénon in Quebec, Canada. The follow-up to 2009's "Infini" will contain the band's first music to be written with new guitarist Daniel "Chewy" Mongrain (MARTYR) following the passing of original axeman Denis "Piggy" D'Amour in 2005.

VOIVOD drummer Michel "Away" Langevin recently unveiled the band's new logo which will be used on the upcoming CD. Check it out below.

Several photos from the recording sessions can be found on the band's Facebook page.

According to a posting on the page, fans can "expect something in the vein of 'Nothingface' with some elements from the other albums. It will be a classic VOIVOD album."

Regarding what the new VOIVOD songs sound like, Mongrain said in a recent interview, "As a VOIVOD fan since I am 12 years old and early rise of VOIVOD in late '80s and everything, I think… I'm in conflict of interest right now. [Laughs] I like the old stuff as much as the new stuff, so I think it's a blend of everything. It's really a team work and Blacky [Jean-Yves Thériault] is back on the 'blower bass' — he's got the original sound — and we're having a blast jamming, improvising and writing. I think it's working pretty good."

On the topic of the lyrical themes covered in the new VOIVOD tracks, singer Denis "Snake" Bélanger said, "The song we played [on the recent European tour] ['Kaleidos'] is about conspiracy involving drugs and the FBI… [Laughs] It's hard to describe because we're kind of early in the process. There's another song called 'Target Earth', which is more like a spacy, conspiracy, controlling the information around the world. The main thing is the 'war' of information. You know, somebody Osama Bin Laden is dead, someone [else] says he's not… It gets to a point where everybody has his own story and nobody is sure what the truth is. There's people above everything controlling the information."

In an interview with Exclaim.ca, Away stated about VOIVOD's forthcoming studio album, "It's more in the progressive metal vein, so it's reminiscent of the 'Dimension Hatröss' era."

VOIVOD debuted the "Target Earth" title track during their April 12 concert at the Roadburn festival at the 013 venue in Tilburg, Holland.

VOIVOD will embark on a European headlining tour in October. They will also play several shows in Spain as the support act for ARCH ENEMY.

Fan-filmed video footage of VOIVOD performing the title track of their forthcoming album, "Target Earth", on June 29 at Zone Portuaire de Chicoutimi in Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada can be seen below.

Please see Blabbermouth article here: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=178967

::::::::::

Good news indeed! Congrats guys and please come back to Zagreb, Croatia sometime!

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 04, 2012 13:17     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news for the band! congratulations! A release date now is even better.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 04, 2012 14:16     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome news! Still waiting for a cross-Canada tour though...
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 04, 2012 15:26     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mmmmm. Cool news. Voivod is getting bigger and bigger.
I just thought this European tour was there to bring the new album forth. Now I read that the album will be out in januari 2013?? WTF??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 04, 2012 17:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GREAT NEWS INDEED!!!
Now the real waiting begins since we now have a release date. Maybe the Iron Gang with give us something else in the meantime to hold us over til January 2013.
The 2 new tunes are amazing and the way they are comparing the album to Nothingface & Dimension Hatross and using words like "progressive" just has my ears salivating to hear it!!!

--------------------

yawn

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted September 04, 2012 19:34     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah it's now official, what can I say...I'm freakin happy + we will be touring in Europe next month, the only place that feel like home, hey!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 04, 2012 21:25     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, that's a big label.......fantastic! Exciting stuff...2013, the year of VOIVOD!!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 04, 2012 21:52     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fantastic news indeed!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted September 05, 2012 01:39     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news indeed!

Up to Nijmegen and maybe Essen too

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted September 05, 2012 01:59     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fantastic news... Voivod getting the recognition they've always deserved ... and the combination of a big label + Irongang sounds like a good idea... hopefully that means creative control and good promotion/distribution. That would be perfect.

About the tour...Still cannot believe how lucky I am... I'll be in Berlin with my band the day Voivod plays there ... and we don't have a gig that day, so it looks that I'll have my third dose of VV this year. Maybe I can jump on a train and also go to Warsaw to have a 4th dose the day after Berlin. The Warsaw venue looks great (in their website at least).
The sun shines for us Voivodians

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted September 05, 2012 02:35     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's time to write roadburn history and have them back for the third year in a row!
B.U.C.O.
VoivodFan
Member # 1299

posted September 05, 2012 05:57     Profile for B.U.C.O.   Email B.U.C.O.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can we expected another European tour following the release? That would kick some serious ass!

--------------------

Flicker, flicker, flicker, flap, POW!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 05, 2012 17:07     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
Yeah it's now official, what can I say...I'm freakin happy + we will be touring in Europe next month, the only place that feel like home, hey!

Freakin' happy over here too! Cheers!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 05, 2012 20:52     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news!!! Really looking forward to this one and to (someday) getting a chance to see the mighty Voivod again!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 05, 2012 22:41     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Great news!!! Really looking forward to this one and to (someday) getting a chance to see the mighty Voivod again!

I may have to move to Europe to ever see them again. Between Voivod, Porcupine Tree, and Danko Jones, you'd think the US didn't exist.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 05, 2012 22:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Porcupine Tree doesn't seem to exist right now. Steven Wilson just finished touring through the States and now his next move is to record another new solo album with the guys he was touring with... I'm looking forward to that, but given a choice (which of course I'm not given) I'd like another PT album and tour.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 05, 2012 23:52     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
I may have to move to Europe to ever see them again. Between Voivod, Porcupine Tree, and Danko Jones, you'd think the US didn't exist.

We are an 'in debt' loser nation, promoters can't guarntee shit.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 06, 2012 11:02     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
We are an 'in debt' loser nation, promoters can't guarntee shit.

Haha. We suck.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 06, 2012 12:58     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by K:
...January 22, 2013 (one day earlier internationally)...

We get the album early too!

Great news though. Looks like the band have found a great new home. Cannot wait to hear the finished beast! Any chance of some advance copies on sale at the upcoming gigs?

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted September 06, 2012 14:32     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It actually says that Iron Gang Factory has "joined forces" with CM to bring the new Voivod album... So will this actually be Iron Gang licensing Voivod's new album to CM, along the lines of Prowling Death Productions having licensed CF and later Triptykon to the label as opposed to "signing to" the label directly?

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 07, 2012 00:20     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
It actually says that Iron Gang Factory has "joined forces" with CM to bring the new Voivod album... So will this actually be Iron Gang licensing Voivod's new album to CM, along the lines of Prowling Death Productions having licensed CF and later Triptykon to the label as opposed to "signing to" the label directly?

That's what I was reading as well and makes sense for artists like Celtic Frost, Triptykon and Voivod. Leaders not followers.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 07, 2012 03:25     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Haha. We suck.

It isn't that funny...til we all DIE!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 07, 2012 03:27     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We are gonna die, ya know...just a first hand gesture

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 07, 2012 03:33     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK I'm alive again, nevermind.

--------------------

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted September 27, 2012 11:57     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Century Media better not fuck up this record in Canada! I am watching!

Also, very excited for a new VOIVOD album with Blacky back and Dan making his studio debut with them

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan