my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » EUROPEAN TOUR 2012 (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: EUROPEAN TOUR 2012
shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted October 07, 2012 07:28     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jf:
Kluskap O'kom ! My other favorite on Target Earth. Didn't get a chance to hear it live yet.

Mi'kmaq is the tribe

That'll be the one! Explain's why I couldn't remember the neame - despite beign close enough to see the setlist. (And yes it was printed out in Away's Font!)

Three choons from Target Earth then, including the title track.

Nik Naks I must have got from that dodgy Gwendoline in the land of the yik yaks bondage movie. (One of my faves for sure!)

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

|  IP: Logged
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted October 07, 2012 12:45     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
H...EOLB are on the list for tonight! better show up, fuckers ;-)
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 07, 2012 21:30     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jack Luminous got an airing again!! They didn't play this at Leeds/Manchester?

--------------------

String em up

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 08, 2012 09:58     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
H...EOLB are on the list for tonight! better show up, fuckers ;-)

Wouldn't have missed it for all the tea in China mate!

Fantastic gig. This line up just keep getting tighter and better every time I see them. Great show.

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted October 08, 2012 14:36     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like a new mini VVF meeting is on its way.... Head Villain and yours truly will do a pilgrimage to the holy land where Dimension Hatröss and Killing Technology were born... yes my friends, Berlin it is ... on Oct. 16.
Any other pilgrim to join us?

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 08, 2012 15:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggïïïrrr:

This Voivod Disciple is stuck in Nuevo Mexico. Stay away from places with pink tokens Igir.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted October 09, 2012 01:56     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggïïïrrr:

I would like to, but can't... Leslie, Paul and me will do a small vvf meeting tonight in Nijmegen

Btw: who's up for Essen tomorrow?

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 09, 2012 07:54     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man, I am so tempted! Blowing all my cash on recording some new shit of my own though so think I'm gonna have to pass. Gutted!
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted October 09, 2012 09:26     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
This Voivod Disciple is stuck in Nuevo Mexico. Stay away from places with pink tokens Igir.

Pink tokens are talismans that bring love, joy and deep wisdom, Ïmy. They mark the path wise men thread on. No shit. :-)

H: we'll miss you bro!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 09, 2012 13:01     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
90 minutes to go....

Ill take the car after this lovely cup of coffey.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted October 10, 2012 06:38     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yesterday in Nijmegen it was great. I went there with two friends of mine and met up with Paul + his son Mille and Leslie + Walter (Roadburn) short before the venue opened the doors. Great to meet up with you all again

The venue was filled pretty good, but going to the bar for another beer was not a big problem The band was on fire and I think this line up is getting better and better every time I see them again. Old or new songs, it fits perfect together. An good old Jack Luminous was on the setlist again, wow what a treat!

Pictures, uhm I almost forgot, because I was to busy having a blast. But I managed to take one row of 8 pics with my phone. Dunno if they are any good..

I'm not sure I remember the setlist completely but this is what I remember:

Voivod
Ripping Headaches
Target Earth
The Prow
Forgotten in Space
Mechanical Mind
Nothingface
Jack Luminous
Kluskap O'Kom
Psychic Vacuum
Tribal Convictions
Astronomy Domine

Tonight I'll go to Essen. Who's up for it?

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 10, 2012 07:08     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Almost correct.

quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DBC:
[qb]Voivod
Ripping Headaches
Target Earth
The Prow
Forgotten in Space
Mechanical Mind
Nothingface
Jack Luminous
Kluskap O'Kom
Psychic Vacuum
** Overreaction ** instead of Tribal convictions
Astronomy Domine

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Yeah. Voivod were indeed on steroids despite Snake having a bit of a pain here and there. I heard...

My son got see it all from 1 inch away from the stage. He talked a bit to Chewy and snake and Blacky got him a plectrum. I believe he got it only for him, maybe he saw the young fellow..
Mille is defenately into the Vod I can asure you!!

Pictures soon to follow.........

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted October 10, 2012 07:45     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Paul. I shouldn't verify my memory on setlist.fm .....

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted October 10, 2012 08:33     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now we know: Jack Luminous was not a collective hallucination last spring!
Definitely the highlight of the Nijmegen show for me! Target Earth didn't make an impression, I'll have to hear it again. Mechanical Mind in its entirety was great, and the third new song they played had a distinctive die kreuzen edge. Last night I felt like the breaks in between each song weren't necessary, it would have been more powerful and hypnotic to let at least some of them blend together, but that's just my opinion.

Get this, last week I posted I'd had a Voivod dream w/ a cirque du soleil theme, and last night Snake explained he'd hurt his ribs in a pile-up involving Chewy and an unidentified Belgian. There was some cirque du soleil-like contortionism involved!!

"Nothing can stop the psychic vac-yoo-um"

Now, over to the gossip/unsubstatianted rumors part of this post:

-Is one of the intrepid warriors of ice really considering relocating to the windy city? Even if Mitt Romney gets elected, or Obama gets re-elected and proves that the Doomsday Preppers' efforts weren't in vain?

-Could tour plans somewhere in the vicinity of igiiirville force another one of the intrepid four to graciously decline an invitation to take part in an unusual one-off live collaboration?

That's enough, gotta get back to work. Cinderella won't be making it to the ball in Essen I'm afraid. To paraphrase Savatage, the deadlines are calling...

Have fun!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 10, 2012 11:05     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
Now we know: Jack Luminous was not a collective hallucination last spring!

Good to know they are mixing this into their set on occasion. It is amazing there was no live recording of JL at Roadburn though, especially on that grand stage.

Thanks for all the reviews. You are killing me, by the way. Rumors of a shared stage of sorts with the Pink Token Lover....Must. Die. Now.

--------------------

spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted October 10, 2012 21:45     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Jack Luminous" AND "Forgotten In Space" in the SAME show? Good lord, there needs to be a U.S. tour soon!
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted October 11, 2012 02:13     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
You are killing me, by the way. Rumors of a shared stage of sorts with the Pink Token Lover....Must. Die. Now.

Haha! No, nothing like that, although if Voivod's in Chile there's no telling what the PTL might do, on or off stage

The more avant-garde half of a certain drone duo reportedly has some interesting ideas for a possible roadburn project, which allegedly include our favorite artist/drummer. Whether it's a viable prospect depends on all sorts of factors, including 'vod tour plans for spring '13.

Pretty tame compared to all sorts of possible PTL-related scenarios, I know LOL

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted October 11, 2012 04:11     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last night's gig in Essen was excellent again. No JL, but still a great set. Great venue and the crowd at the front was fanatic and wild like hell. Had headbanger hair in my drinks and drinks on my shoes many many times..

Hope to get some more doses of Voivod next year. Every night is a blast

BTW Leslie, I heard a RB rumor too about an entire album, but probably for 2014. I hope that one will come out too

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 11, 2012 08:20     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spudboy:
"Jack Luminous" AND "Forgotten In Space" in the SAME show? Good lord, there needs to be a U.S. tour soon!

Tell me about it. I'd be happy if just those two were the entire setlist.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 11, 2012 10:39     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vod in Göteborg in about 48 hours from now, with mr. and mrs. Vröööm! ME HAPPY

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

thrashingdutchman
VoivodFan
Member # 506

posted October 11, 2012 10:56     Profile for thrashingdutchman   Email thrashingdutchman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi DBC,

I was in the front with my son at the far right side of the stage (Blower bass side). I shook hands with Snake before he came on stage. Now I'm celebrating my 51st birhtday, my voice is completely wacked to pieces. I bought myself both tab books (signed by Chewy) and the black 7" single as birthday presents. I also got a pick of both Blacky and Chewy. It was my first Voivod show and I had a fantastic evening. This was the gig of the year

Cheerz, Leo

quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
Last night's gig in Essen was excellent again. No JL, but still a great set. Great venue and the crowd at the front was fanatic and wild like hell. Had headbanger hair in my drinks and drinks on my shoes many many times..

Hope to get some more doses of Voivod next year. Every night is a blast

BTW Leslie, I heard a RB rumor too about an entire album, but probably for 2014. I hope that one will come out too

--------------------

V.O.I.V.O.D.:
Versatile Organism Intended for Violence and Online Destruction

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted October 11, 2012 11:15     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dutch_leo:
Hi DBC,

I was in the front with my son at the far right side of the stage (Blower bass side). I shook hands with Snake before he came on stage. Now I'm celebrating my 51st birhtday, my voice is completely wacked to pieces. I bought myself both tab books (signed by Chewy) and the black 7" single as birthday presents. I also got a pick of both Blacky and Chewy. It was my first Voivod show and I had a fantastic evening. This was the gig of the year

Cheerz, Leo

Yeah, it was a fantastic gig. I always love those old school German metal heads. (where do they get those camouflage spandex pants... ? )

So I was standen very close to where you was.. Next time look out for a DBC cap so we can have a beer

Cheers!

--------------------

thrashingdutchman
VoivodFan
Member # 506

posted October 11, 2012 12:46     Profile for thrashingdutchman   Email thrashingdutchman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
Yeah, it was a fantastic gig. I always love those old school German metal heads. (where do they get those camouflage spandex pants... ? )

So I was standen very close to where you was.. Next time look out for a DBC cap so we can have a beer

Cheers!

Will do

--------------------

V.O.I.V.O.D.:
Versatile Organism Intended for Violence and Online Destruction

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted October 12, 2012 03:39     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dutch_leo:
It was my first Voivod show and I had a fantastic evening. This was the gig of the year

Nice one! En ook gefeliciteerd

Back to the UK for a moment: Here are the first 10 minutes of the Manchester gig.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 12, 2012 10:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's killer, thanks.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan