my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Roadburn 2013 - The Ruins of Beverast

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roadburn 2013 - The Ruins of Beverast
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 16, 2012 09:52     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A bit early maybe, but The Ruins of Beverast have just been announced. This will probably be the only show they ever play.

Anyone else? Dunno whether to try and book a hotel in Tilburg now, or anyone else want to do the Jungalows again?

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 16, 2012 14:23     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Epic stuff, would be nice live for sure

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 20, 2012 00:13     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone's beaver got ruined?

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 20, 2012 19:33     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah you can leave my muff out of it

--------------------

String em up

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 20, 2012 21:56     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Rug Burn: The Ruin of Beaver/Ass"
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 21, 2012 18:00     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh trust you guys to lower the tone haha

--------------------

String em up

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 22, 2012 01:17     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
"Rug Burn: The Ruin of Beaver/Ass"

HAHAHA!!!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 04, 2012 17:47     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got tickets!!
Anyone else going?

--------------------

String em up

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted October 05, 2012 03:36     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great, HV!

I'll be there as usual; without the pressure and delirium of 2x Voivod we'll have more time next year to kick back and talk about our latest adventures in 666 spotting

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted October 05, 2012 06:00     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nah, not this edition. The line up isn't for me till now. Maybe, if there come a band I really want to see, I visit RB one day.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 05, 2012 08:34     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, there are still some tickets.. come on ya buggers, pile in!

--------------------

String em up

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted October 05, 2012 11:29     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, first time in a few years it didn't sell out in a flash. There are several reasons: first, the crisis has hit people even harder this year -- not only loyal 'burners in Greece, Italy, Spain & Portugal but in other parts of world, too.

Second, the new 'wietpas' system in effect in Noord-Brabant (and Limburg and Zeeland) means no foreigners allowed in the coffeeshops. For lots of 'burners, the novelty of kicking back in Tilburg's Grass Company or Toermalijn, sampling & buying the wares is an important part of the experience, and now they can't have it. Whether the pass system will be revoked by next April remains to be seen; almost everyone agrees the experiment is an epic fail.

Third, there are so many other festivals going on and none are exactly cheap, especially when you figure in transport/accommodation/merch/etc costs.

Fourth, arguably the biggest complaint so far has been "the lack of big names, such as neurosis or st. vitus or sleep" -- well folks, that well is only so deep, you know?! Invite back the same bands and people complain, don't invite them back, people still complain, so yeah...what can you do? Walter did his best as usual.

I'm just so spoiled after two Voivod-enriched years in a row, I don't feel super excited about any of the bands other than the die kreuzen shows. Still, I'm sure there will be some unexpected highlights & new discoveries. And great people to meet up with again!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 05, 2012 17:52     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Got tickets!!
Anyone else going?

WHBaT, u goingto he roadburn fetival??.

Where u sleep. At the park?? Love to attend one day!!!
Will there be the both of you????

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 07, 2012 08:16     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I don't know where we're staying this time, wouldn't mind trying to get a hotel in Tilburg, unless a few other people want to share a jungalow again?
I would have thought the Ruins of Beverast would be enough of an attraction, I didn't think the point of the festival was to have big-name bands, more to have something unique and special, which this certainly will be - this is not something you can see every day.
I guess it wasn't as quick to sell out also as they put them on sale much earlier this year.

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan