my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD & PORCUPINE TREE Shirts on Ebay

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD & PORCUPINE TREE Shirts on Ebay
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 30, 2012 19:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay freaks, I just listed a whole bunch of awesome VOIVOD, & PORCUPINE TREE shirts that I no longer fit into because of all the weight I lost. This is the worst part about loosing all the weight; but I do realize my health is more important than looking cool in a bunch of badass shirts... I guess

Low starting bids. Someone might as well own these and get to wear them.

SCHROEDER'S SHIRTS

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 30, 2012 22:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, nice Dave. I'm going in the opposite direction of you...so this may work out perfectly!
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 31, 2012 02:09     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow Dave, hope you will never regret it..

What is the size of these (or am I blind )

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted July 31, 2012 04:17     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Okay freaks, I just listed a whole bunch of awesome VOIVOD, & PORCUPINE TREE shirts that I no longer fit into because of all the weight I lost. This is the worst part about loosing all the weight; but I do realize my health is more important than looking cool in a bunch of badass shirts... I guess

[/URL]

They *are* awesome! You should be rewarded, not punished, for your likewise awesome accomplishment.

Here is how.

A competent alterations place can do this for you, too. Go on, save at least your very favorite, you deserve it!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 31, 2012 07:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do still have a few good ones left that I originally purchased in a Large; and, after the auction I may hit a few online stores and buy some cool medium Band Ts. There's probably a few more other XL band T's in my closet that I could sell but I figured I'd auction off the really cool ones first that had a better chance of making me some $$$.

Mez, you're going in the other direction because you're happily married... I'm miserably single

As for keeping some and sewing them to a more appropriate size... I just don't have time or the desire to do that. A long time ago I had considered sewing some of them to make pillows out of them, which would have been a cool idea.

Hopefully these auctions will make me enough money to help pay for the new computer I purchased. The one I've been using is old and slow... and not being able to watch videos or stream music without them stopping and starting all the time has become too frustrating. Plus it will help finance my music obsession that I seem to have no control over.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 31, 2012 11:48     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, I don't know if I could do that. Looking at your auctions make me wish I was larger.

Speaking of, I didn't see sizes on any of your auctions. You may want to add them.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 31, 2012 14:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man schroeder...that's quite a fine collection. Drooling over that Blackfield sewn on art one. Where do you keep all of your many collections?

Hope you make some to pay for that new computer. I don't even have a computer.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 31, 2012 15:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Click on the pics and it gives the size.
Think there all X large.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 31, 2012 16:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As Mez mentioned, if you look at the images the write up underneath states that the shirts are all extra large.

Amy, the shirt collection was kept in the closet. I have a couple freebies I'll be surprising the the winner with, who spends the most on these auctions.

I've had a few friends ask how I could auction these off, because of how cool, rare, or what they mean to me as far as memories... The memories are in my head not on the shirt, and if I can't actually wear the shirt, I just don't see any point in keeping it, especially when there are fans and collectors who would love to have them and wear them.

It seems like the majority of the shirts are getting a lot of attention, so I hope to do really well with the auction. Even if some end up selling for opening bid, I'll be happy that someone else is getting them... I'll be a lot happier if they end up selling for big money, of course.

I posted a message and a link on the Dark Matter (Porcupine Tree) Yahoo forum and someone asked about who VOIVOD was and what they sounded like. I guess they were curious since I'm auctioning off shirts by both bands at the same time. Maybe it might get a few new fans to both camps.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 31, 2012 19:04     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

I posted a message and a link on the Dark Matter (Porcupine Tree) Yahoo forum and someone asked about who VOIVOD was and what they sounded like. I guess they were curious since I'm auctioning off shirts by both bands at the same time. Maybe it might get a few new fans to both camps.

That would be awesome!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 01, 2012 13:24     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, saw that post on dark matter...how interesting. I wonder what PT fans will think of Voivod if they should tune in.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 01, 2012 19:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Depending on what they end up listening to, it could either pull them in or scare the fuck out of them. PT fans would be wise to start with Angel Rat then Outer Limits followed by Nothingface, Dimension Hatross...

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 06, 2012 06:08     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder, did you take them from ebay or sold them? Too bad i cant see them. Hope i am not too late...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 06, 2012 08:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.......
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 06, 2012 13:55     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All but a couple sold, and for good prices for both the buyer and seller.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 07, 2012 23:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They were on eBay for 5 days (the usual time). Everything but 5 shirts sold and with those that didn't sell, I'm divided them up to the winners who spent the most money and giving them to them as a bonus. Some shirts sold for crazy money while others didn't get what I thought they would but overall, I'm thrilled with how much I made. I think my XL King Crimson shirts and I few other XL's might go up for auction soon.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 08, 2012 06:31     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Good for you Dave. Hope you wont regret.

For all Vodheads around here, please on here before Ebay...

Sorry, that how I feel.

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted August 08, 2012 09:40     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Everything but 5 shirts sold and with those that didn't sell, I'm divided them up to the winners who spent the most money and giving them to them as a bonus.

Wow, that is so cool! You rule.

Now I'm bummed I didn't buy one to turn into a summer handicrafts project!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan