my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Queensyrche Split

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Queensyrche Split
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 12, 2012 08:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anybody want a good read about the break-up Queensyrche?...you'll need some time on your hands cause this is LONG:

Queensyrche

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 12, 2012 11:10     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These guys make all other band breakups seem downright friendly.

Anybody wanna start a band with Geoff Tate?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted July 12, 2012 11:52     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is the mirror image of what's happened to Pink Floyd, innit.

But there's an even closer example. I guess Geoff wanted to replay the Black Sabbath story where Ozzy installed Sharon as a manager and took over the brand from Tony after years and years of having nothing to do with the band, so Heaven and Hell had to be created. Well, looks like the other 3 Ryches are not as nice and forgiving as Tony.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 12, 2012 14:22     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More info on the Tatemeister's rampage in San Paulo (man, this is better than Spinal Tap-and how do you go back to playing after this??):

In his sworn declaration, Scott Rockenfield said, "On Saturday, April 14, 2012, at approximately 11:05 p.m., we (the band) had just arrived on the stage behind the curtain approximately 10 minutes before our show was to commence in Sao Paulo, Brazil, with 2000+ concertgoers in attendance. I was getting up onto my drum riser when fellow band member Geoff Tate walked in front of my drums and spit into my face while proceeding to yell obscenities at me. Geoff Tate then pushed my drums down onto the drum riser causing the first delays for the show. Geoff Tate then walked around the stage left behind Michael Wilton's guitar speakers and confronted Michael Wilton face to face. He proceeded to yell obscenities at him before striking him with his fist on the right upper side of Michael Wilton's face. I came off my drum riser to Michael Wilton's aid and told Geoff Tate to back off. Geoff Tate continued to yell obscenities and spit at both Michael Wilton and me, and then at that time proceeded to strike me in the face twice. I backed away and asked for security to assist the situation. Geoff Tate continued yelling obscenities and spitting at the band members while chasing us around the stage. The local stage security and our own crew came to assist in trying to subdue Geoff Tate. Geoff Tate continued to resist and kept chasing the band members around the stage, all the while screaming obscenities, spitting at them and threatening them. Our tour manager, Orlando Scott 'Fozzy' O'Hare, came to subdue Geoff Tate and move him to his position on the stage left. After a few minutes of Orlando Scott 'Fozzy' O'Hare trying to calm Geoff Tate down, Geoff Tate then came back across the stage at the band members. He continued to spit and yell obscenities and was trying to get close to them to continue his assault. Local security created a barrier between me, Eddie Jackson and Michael Wilton to keep Geoff Tate from approaching. This behavior continued for about 20 to 25 minutes while we were forced to delay the show. Michael Wilton was handed an ice pack to hold to his face to try and keep any swelling to a minimum. After the situation was under control, the other band members and the band's crew had to fix the damage caused to their equipment during this assault before the show could proceed as scheduled.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 12, 2012 14:36     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can see Tate spitting at Rockenfield in this clip. The spit flies at about 3:57.
Queensryche, April 14th, 2012

You can practically feel the tension in the video. The band is staying way clear of him onstage.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 12, 2012 14:50     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Originally posted by X-D:
The spit flies at about 3:57.

Well that is quit a while isn't it??

On topic. Geoff Tate is a swine! We call him Geoff (bad)Ta(s)t(e)

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 12, 2012 15:01     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
The spit flies at about 3:57.

Well that is quit a while isn't it??

Sorry to have wasted your time.

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 12, 2012 16:01     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No one gave a shit 'bout the 'Ryche the last 15 years or so, so this is a welcome change. Shame it isn't the music that's intersting this time.

NP: 'The Warning'... from a distant past when they were good.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 12, 2012 16:55     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Sorry to have wasted your time.

Haha, no.... I thought it said that the spit was underway for that time...

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 14, 2012 18:50     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, drinking too much coffee here Paul, cheers!

Funny how much Blabberbutt is eating this story. Every other story on there now is related to this Queensryche split.

I kind of hope the rest of the band get the rights to continue with the name... would be a lot more interesting than Tate and a bunch if hired hands.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 17, 2012 19:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is going to be a great read when everybody starts releasing their autobiographies.
FOX should start working on a "made for TV movie" about the band.

So this is how you act when you're a professional musician? Fuckin' PATHETIC!!!

--------------------

yawn

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted July 17, 2012 23:21     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More shit hitting the fan: Michael Wilton's version ....makes much more sense than GT's side IMO. Long read .... and a fucked up one as well.

Blabberass

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted July 18, 2012 06:53     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Drama Queen of the Reich?

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted July 18, 2012 11:56     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now, isn't that the time to bring back DeGarmo, but for real?

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 18, 2012 17:12     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow. Poor fuckers.

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 18, 2012 18:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At least all this fighting gets everyone's minds off the last piece of shit album the band released. I couldn't even bring myself to purchase a copy, and you know I buy everything... not this time.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan