my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Hetfield's Jacket = Sadness

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hetfield's Jacket = Sadness
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 06, 2012 23:55     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
James Hetfield has been sporting this denim jacket lately, sort of like the what he used to wear in the old days, but somehow no longer appropriate for him.

Something like "the jacket may never go out of style, but you will" comes to mind.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

|  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 07, 2012 06:50     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ol Barney keeps his cred going the opposite direction

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 07, 2012 07:48     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hetfield's gear is only legit if his Mom sewed it for him.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 07, 2012 19:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't loved everything Metallica has done, but those 30th Anniversary shows were off the fuckin chart. Everybody that showed up to play a song or two, and everything they did for the fans, $6.00 for a ticket for each night for the fan club member!!! Lars even threatened to perform the entire Lulu album if the audience didn't cheer load enough... Fuckin' hilarious!!! Those 30th Anniversary shows gave me new respect for the band.
I haven't liked (and even hated)many of the "chances" Metallica has taken over the years, but I do respect them for trying something different and not sticking with the same formula and become redundant.

James is probably celebrating the fact that he lost a lot of weight and can fit into the denim he had when he was a teenager. Good for him.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 07, 2012 20:54     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're never too old to wear a patch jacket!!

--------------------

String em up

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted July 08, 2012 02:11     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seriously though, it looks like it was bought off the rack at a Hot Topic or something. Clearly, the AngelWitch and Vardis patches indicate otherwise, but sheesh, those things don't look right unless they have some blood from inadvertent finger-pokes etc. Maybe he shouldn't have had a $500-an-hour tailor sew it for him?

This band died with Cliff. (Very cool to hear how old-school the anniversary shows were though!)

I calls em like I sees em,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 08, 2012 02:22     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My two cents from a hotel lobby in Leuven Belgium.

I kinda like that he wears that jacket. I am not sure if it is the one that he wore when he was a teenager. BUt he who cares.

I have mine hanging in the closet. It will not fit me until I drop 25 kg's...

That being sad I really do not see the point in bashing Metallica. They are still a very very good live band that I would visit a concert of any day.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted July 08, 2012 17:59     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My two cents from my home in Heidelberg, Germany
Seriously, suddenly Mr. Hetfield wears different jackets at the shows. See the Rock am Ring-show & the Orion music and more festival (available from YouTube). Where have they been over the last decades? He's just trying to look very old school, but not "true" anymore. It seems that next year or so we gonna have some "Maiden-like first-three-records-only-shows" to keep it kinda old school... but Maiden does much better!!!

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan