my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod Seattle [tea & crumpets]

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod Seattle [tea & crumpets]
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 23, 2012 00:32     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oops, I meant beer. Might as well put this shit up here...

Paul (aka Blackcloud), John (Nuc), you guys interested in catching up for a few beers before the upcoming Voivod slaughter here in Seattle on July 6th?

Nothing quite makes a show rank awesome like a few beers and going on about good music with Paul and Tony. Putting that in front of a Voivod show... fuck yeah!

St. Mike - Any chance of you being on this side of the mountains for this show?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 23, 2012 13:06     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mike, great idea! Only one problem for me, I'm actually going to a friend's wedding earlier that day (who the hell has a wedding on a Friday afternoon!?) and the following reception, which almost pretty much cuts into even seeing some of the opening bands. I would love to just skip the whole thing but this is a girl I've worked with the past 4 years and she only sent out so many invitations, I feel kinda obligated lol.

I do however plan on hanging out a while after the show simply cuz of the fact that we know Dino from FF and my gf also knows Shaun Glass from Dirge Within (who happens to be a HUGE VV fan). She knows him from Chicago and being in the thrash band Sindrome.

Anyways, sorry to babble, I'll see what I can do!

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 23, 2012 19:31     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All cool John! At the bare minimum, I hope to actually get a chance to say hello, haha! While your at way more shows than I, it seems we always miss you somehow.

Regardless... VOIVOD! Or as my ticket says, "VIOVOD".

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 24, 2012 16:54     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the last show we were both at was Triptykon, but I was sorta "backstage" or side of the stage and by the time I made it out in the audience you had already left, but I saw Paul of course. We'll def get to hang this time around, looking forward to it Bro! VIO-VOD!! hahaha

It's gonna be cool to see the first show of the tour, maybe they'll be in town a little beforehand? I've already taken the 3rd off work to go to the Mayhem Fest with Motorhead, Slayer, Anthrax, and Slipknot (I guess haha). Luckily I already have a day off the next day!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 25, 2012 11:06     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:

Regardless... VOIVOD! Or as my ticket says, "VIOVOD".

What the hell? Get it right, damnit!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 03, 2012 14:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, so much for that:

http://nefariousrealm.com/homenew/?p=7144

I don't know this website but I'm sure they know more than I do haha. What a fucking DOWNER.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 04, 2012 00:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking hell!

Now, can I refund my ticket?

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 04, 2012 07:38     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Death To All via Ticketmaster refunded mine....hope you guys have the same luck.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 04, 2012 15:39     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is what pops up when you click the official website now:

“It is with great disappointment that we have to make this announcement. With the recent departure of Voivod from the Shockwave Festival lineup. As well as low advance ticket sales we have decided to pull the plug on the Shockwave Festival." For purchases made with a credit card, your card will automatically be refunded. All other refunds are available at point of purchase. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

WHAT a crock of SHIT! It isn't Voivod's fault they had to cancel the tour, that's just wrong. And the whole advanced ticket sales is BS too. Somebody is trying to cover their own ass it sounds like...

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 04, 2012 16:30     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The whole tour package, all those bands packed into tiny venues... seemed kind of suspect from the start. Good news is we'll get our money back. The statement is lame, but I think it's pretty obvious that the organizers of this tour are the ones to blame.

Seriously, looking forward to a Voivod headlining tour with a roster that allows for a proper setlist.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 04, 2012 17:09     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Next question...what band has a new album coming out that could tour with Voivod?

I'm thinking:

Agalloch
Prong (well, not new new..but still fairly recent)
..............help me out here............let's play promoter just for fun.....

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 04, 2012 17:28     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCKING ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 04, 2012 17:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Based on what I saw on Facebook....Fear Factory may be doing something again starting in August. I can't imagine trying to pick up the pieces after this thing fell apart. What a huge blow to the bands!
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 04, 2012 17:41     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just found this bit of info about ticket-refunds purchased through etix.com which is the ticket agency I went through...

Q: I heard that the event for which I purchased has been cancelled. What should I do?
If an event is cancelled and not rescheduled, upon formal notification from the event promoter, we will email all online customers and refunds will automatically be applied to the credit card used by the customer at the time of purchase. In such instances refunds will generally appear on your next credit card statement depending upon your billing cycle. Refunds for cancelled performances include the ticket price and the per ticket convenience charge(s), but do not include per order handling charges (if any) or fees collected for a chosen delivery option.

All ticketed events are scheduled to be held regardless of weather conditions. Sometimes weather or other outside considerations make the performance impossible to complete. In such instances, the event venue or the event promoter are charged with making the final determination of cancellation and refund availability. eTix will automatically issue refunds ONLY if an event is cancelled in its entirety. Refunds for rescheduled shows will be provided only with the venue or promoter's consent

NEVER discard hard tickets until you have received a refund for a cancelled event.[b]Q: I heard that the event for which I purchased has been cancelled. What should I do? If an event is cancelled and not rescheduled, upon formal notification from the event promoter, we will email all online customers and refunds will automatically be applied to the credit card used by the customer at the time of purchase. In such instances refunds will generally appear on your next credit card statement depending upon your billing cycle. Refunds for cancelled performances include the ticket price and the per ticket convenience charge(s), but do not include per order handling charges (if any) or fees collected for a chosen delivery option. All ticketed events are scheduled to be held regardless of weather conditions. Sometimes weather or other outside considerations make the performance impossible to complete. In such instances, the event venue or the event promoter are charged with making the final determination of cancellation and refund availability. eTix will automatically issue refunds ONLY if an event is cancelled in its entirety. Refunds for rescheduled shows will be provided only with the venue or promoter's consent NEVER discard hard tickets until you have received a refund for a cancelled event.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 04, 2012 18:40     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Originally posted by X-D:

The whole tour package, all those bands packed into tiny venues... seemed kind of suspect from the start.
///\\\
True dat. And the sad thing is a lot of (if not all the bands) even know how big the venues are till they get there. Red flag from the start!

Seriously, looking forward to a Voivod headlining tour with a roster that allows for a proper setlist.
///\\\
YES! yes yes yesssss. YES!!!!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 04, 2012 18:45     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Next question...what band has a new album coming out that could tour with Voivod?

I'm thinking:

Agalloch
Prong (well, not new new..but still fairly recent)
..............help me out here............let's play promoter just for fun.....

Saint Vitus!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan