my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Noise era reissues?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Noise era reissues?
Tyronehell
VoivodFan
Member # 555

posted June 21, 2012 16:11     Profile for Tyronehell   Email Tyronehell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is there a release date for the Noise era reissues or are they still going ahead? It seems like forever since I first heard these were being done.

--------------------

You better put it in before you get old - Lemmy - On Parole

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 21, 2012 16:30     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyronehell:
Is there a release date for the Noise era reissues or are they still going ahead? It seems like forever since I first heard these were being done.

Well, i talked tt away in april for maybe an hour or so. He told me he had very much on his plate. This will happen but it could take some more time.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 23, 2012 14:14     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
D-VOD2 DVD?

--------------------

Tyronehell
VoivodFan
Member # 555

posted June 23, 2012 16:25     Profile for Tyronehell   Email Tyronehell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it must of been some time in 2007 when I heard about these reissues happening. It would be nice if they where released around the release date of the new album.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 23, 2012 18:04     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DVOD-2 would be sweet.

I believe the Noise Records catalog has changed hands a few times in the last 10 years, so not surprising that this is a difficult task. If anything, Killing Technology really needs a CD remaster.

The original MCA release of Nothingface is pretty much flawless! Just reissue that bad boy flat out! Bonus tracks or DVDa for all album reissues welcome, haha!

You know what I would REALLY dig, is Iron Gang demo CD reissues through the Iron Gang Factory. Limited pressings of all the old demos, Anachronism, No Speed Limit Weekend, Live à Bruxelles, Spectrum, A Flawless Structure? (Morgoth Invasion and To The Death! already available on CD)... Then additional releases... Nothingface demos, Angel Rat demos, the infamous Eric Forrest demos! I could go on and I'd buy all that shit up in a heartbeat, haha!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 23, 2012 20:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll second what X-D said.
I don't buy too many cds but I would those if they got released.

The Outer Limits got re-released by Metal Mind / Mechanix in a digi pack with all the cool 3D images and glasses. I picked that up even though I'm pretty sure it's not remastered... did it need to be anyway?

To hear Dimension Hatross - Nothingface - The Outer Limits - Angel Rat all in 5.1 surround would be a dream come true.

--------------------

yawn

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 24, 2012 04:44     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
... Then additional releases... Nothingface demos, Angel Rat demos, the infamous Eric Forrest demos! I could go on and I'd buy all that shit up in a heartbeat, haha!

THIS! THIIIIISSSSS! Just has to happen.

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted June 24, 2012 13:00     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
The Outer Limits got re-released by Metal Mind / Mechanix in a digi pack with all the cool 3D images and glasses. I picked that up even though I'm pretty sure it's not remastered... did it need to be anyway

It is remastered, as are all Metal Mind reissues. But the jury is still out there which master is better.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 24, 2012 17:06     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My understanding is that all the Noise remasters will come with an accompanying demo disc, just like W&P with 'Morgoth Invasion'. Of course if this doesn't really happen then I think the Iron Gang should release the demos, just like in the 80's but this time on silver plastic (GOLD would be neat, hell send the shit to Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab! Wait, nevermind, then it would be outrageously expensive and limited ).

I'm dying to hear the Eric Forrest demo.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 25, 2012 06:52     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
I'm dying to hear the Eric Forrest demo.

there must be someone out there who has this??

hello.... helloooooooo... *echo sound*

--------------------

Tyronehell
VoivodFan
Member # 555

posted June 25, 2012 08:00     Profile for Tyronehell   Email Tyronehell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are they not to come with a DVD of live footage to? I think I recall reading that.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 25, 2012 15:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by schroeder:
[qb]The Outer Limits got re-released by Metal Mind / Mechanix in a digi pack with all the cool 3D images and glasses. I picked that up even though I'm pretty sure it's not remastered... did it need to be anyway

It is remastered, as are all Metal Mind reissues. But the jury is still out there which master is better.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, now I feel a like it was definitely worth the purchase of a 3rd copy of this great album.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan