my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » bandcamp.com

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bandcamp.com
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 19, 2012 16:28     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I ma sound a little dumb for not knowing this but I discovered a great site with lots and lots of (for me) new bands.
Check it out. (offcourse visit "metal" department);;;
click

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 20, 2012 20:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

yawn

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted June 21, 2012 12:06     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
bandcamp.com is an amazing place. They let the bands get the revenue from their music. They let them institute their own price models. They let them publish free tracks, or even albums. The most amazing price model is "name your price" - I've read some analytical articles that claim that bands and artists who use that model with zero minimum are actually making more money than those who set a minimum price or a fixed price.
Note to consumer - try it out for the latest PFF if you don't find a label! That masterpiece needs to be heard!

And also, for all quality freaks like me, all the tracks are available in all formats, including lossless! A very welcome contrast to stupid Amazon and iTunes.

Now, for all of you who are as romantic as I am, here's a song which is one of my favourite songs of 2011, if not the song of the year, free from bandcamp:

Heroes for Ghosts

And here's another gem from The Gathering, also exclusive to Bandcamp, a live EP sold as name-your-price:

A Sound Relief

We already have a youtube links thread, let's make this "your bandcamp links" thread.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted June 21, 2012 12:13     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's stir it up a bit. Another link for all you hungry for all things Voivod.

A 2005 cover of Forgotten in Space by a grindcore band Agoraphobic Nosebleed. Enjoy!

It's not free, but you can hear the full song with youtube-like quality online.

Another one, which promises to be huge: a new album by Old Man Gloom. The LP version pre-order is almost sold-out, only 21 copies on only black vinyl remaining (at the time of this writing).

In case you don't know what Old Man Gloom is, it's the same guy who made Isis, but this stuff is actually better. Don't ask me how can he top Isis, it's a mystery. The new album is simply called:

NO

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 21, 2012 15:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very cool hex, thanks.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted July 05, 2012 13:32     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

New Agalloch. Enough said.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 06, 2012 06:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:

New Agalloch. Enough said.

Barring disaster, I'll be seeing them August 1 in a tiny club in East Atlanta.... Hope to buy a bunch of merchandise from them there...including the above. What is really sad is that I still haven't gotten their last album.

Hex, good to see you posting here again. Are you familiar with this band:

ALARUM

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted July 06, 2012 12:49     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new Agalloch is only out in digital format, as of yet. They promised CD and LP, but I couldn't find it being sold anywhere in any physical form.

Regarding Alarum: yeah, I know the band, you suggested lying naked in a puddle of honey while listening to Alarum a while back... Somehow, I didn't buy into it. Now, I actually bought the new album, the plans are still there to actually listen to it. More on it later.

Now, our dear Luna has just posted this in another thread:

quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
I think KONG and VOIVOD would be amazing. Just them and their fans. No drawn out list of bands. In

So speaking of the great KONG, their new album is out, and can be purchased in both CD and digital form... guess where... on Bandcamp.

KONG - Merchants Of Air

Needless to say it's beautiful.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 06, 2012 13:17     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kong are amazing live. Wow. Would love to see them again.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 06, 2012 18:34     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:
The new Agalloch is only out in digital format, as of yet. They promised CD and LP, but I couldn't find it being sold anywhere in any physical form.

Regarding Alarum: yeah, I know the band, you suggested lying naked in a puddle of honey while listening to Alarum a while back... Somehow, I didn't buy into it. Now, I actually bought the new album, the plans are still there to actually listen to it. More on it later.

Now, our dear Luna has just posted this in another thread:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luna:
[qb]I think KONG and VOIVOD would be amazing. Just them and their fans. No drawn out list of bands. In

So speaking of the great KONG, their new album is out, and can be purchased in both CD and digital form... guess where... on Bandcamp.

KONG - Merchants Of Air

Needless to say it's beautiful.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Hahah....wow, I'd forgotten I'd said that. Man, they're good but...not that good......

Kong's new one is a must for me....adding to my Amazon list as we speak!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan