my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » You Drive Me Nervous - Alice Cooper Cover?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You Drive Me Nervous - Alice Cooper Cover?
Tyronehell
VoivodFan
Member # 555

posted June 16, 2012 16:50     Profile for Tyronehell   Email Tyronehell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anybody got Voivod's cover of "You Drive Me Nervous" by Alice Cooper that they recorded at the Angel Rat sessions that they might pass on to me?

--------------------

You better put it in before you get old - Lemmy - On Parole

|  IP: Logged
Tyronehell
VoivodFan
Member # 555

posted June 19, 2012 12:12     Profile for Tyronehell   Email Tyronehell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anybody?

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 19, 2012 13:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never heard of this one....
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 19, 2012 13:33     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's never been released, or leaked, that I know of.

Away seems to mention it during an interview that he did with VSGreg a while back, but it's a little vague.
VS Webzine

I think I may have a copy of Revolution #9, or rather... something called Questionface, but not sure if it's the same actual recording being referenced there.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Tyronehell
VoivodFan
Member # 555

posted June 19, 2012 13:57     Profile for Tyronehell   Email Tyronehell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh Revolution #9 I would love to hear that if you could pass it on. That is a Beatles cover recorded around the time of Nothingface I think.
i read that "You Drive Me Nervous" did come out on a few promo copies of Angelrat and that a few people had hear it or have it on there hard drives somewhere.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 19, 2012 14:32     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sure, I'll dig it out tonight. Looks like I have it... If I recall, it's a loose interpretation of the Beatles song... more like the experimental Anomalies tracks than the White Album version.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 20, 2012 01:15     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here ya go!

Questionface (Revolution #9) Mp3 @ 192kbps

Also found this rehearsal recording of Voivod covering Ace Of Spades w/Fritz from Northern Vultures on vox. Blacky sent this to me years ago.

Ace Of Spades (w/Fritz on Vox) Mp3 @ 128kbps

These are up on Sendspace. Hopefully they work ok for everyone.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 20, 2012 02:06     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THANKS! Albeit bystander am I haha..

--------------------

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted June 20, 2012 04:54     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, never heard of this Covers.
Thanx alot X-D, for sharing them

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

Tyronehell
VoivodFan
Member # 555

posted June 20, 2012 07:32     Profile for Tyronehell   Email Tyronehell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A big THANKS for that X-D. Now is there any other hidden gems out there?!

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 20, 2012 13:45     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great X-D, never heard these before. Thanks!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 20, 2012 19:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks X-D

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 21, 2012 00:10     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks a lot X-D!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 21, 2012 11:28     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn X-D, what else do you have hiding in your home?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted June 21, 2012 11:48     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are we getting into the Stage Two of sharing this stuff? All those songs were generously donated to VVF community by Blacky not so long ago and shared here.
Hmmm... not so long? or am I getting old?
But anyways. I see the downloads section is failing because of some warning messages and stuff, I'll have to fix it, and then we can have another round of sharing. Perhaps there are many new people here who missed the first one.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

Tyronehell
VoivodFan
Member # 555

posted June 21, 2012 13:38     Profile for Tyronehell   Email Tyronehell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please do as I think I am missing a few things.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan