my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VV in Montréal - June 7th 2012 (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: VV in Montréal - June 7th 2012
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted June 08, 2012 11:51     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DH was performed in it's entirety + Jack Luminous + Target Earth + Astronomy. I can now die a happy man

Shitty pics from shitty phone, but thought you'd enjoy...

|  IP: Logged
thrashingdutchman
VoivodFan
Member # 506

posted June 08, 2012 12:10     Profile for thrashingdutchman   Email thrashingdutchman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice pics. How a shitty phone can capture the atmosphere. Now that's amazing!

--------------------

V.O.I.V.O.D.:
Versatile Organism Intended for Violence and Online Destruction

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted June 08, 2012 12:30     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
excellent! i'm glad that you were able to go and experience that!

hopefully this time someone managed to capture JL - i bet it's all of our hopes!

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 08, 2012 13:05     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great, those pics say it all Hope not this time JL disappeared again into the multiverse and somebody catched it on his camera...

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 08, 2012 13:54     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool. Voivod is the best.

Really!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 08, 2012 14:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How cool is that setlist, eh?

Looks like you had a great quality time with the best band in the multiverse!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted June 08, 2012 17:21     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did we really played JL !?! I won't believe till I see some video
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 08, 2012 18:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod rules the Multiverse. I'm going home and playing Jack Luminous while I drink my yummy St. Peters English Ale.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 08, 2012 19:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In the words of the great Jeff Spicoli (Fast Times At Ridgemont High) "AWESOME TOTALLY AWESOME!!!"

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 09, 2012 09:30     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, seeing this at Roadburn was the best gig of my life. Wish I'd come over for this too

--------------------

String em up

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted June 09, 2012 14:14     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was of epic awesomness proportion !

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 09, 2012 15:57     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, you saw both! Lucky.

--------------------

String em up

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted June 09, 2012 20:38     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But he shit his pants on the first one
Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted June 09, 2012 21:36     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We are so lucky to have Dan Mongrain! I just can't believe that a guitar player is able to reproduce Piggy's guitar parts exactly like the album.
And Jack Luminous was just incredible! I never tought I would hear this song live!
Can't wait to hear the new album.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted June 13, 2012 17:06     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here it is folks, proof is here... Jack Luminous has been played at least once live! Take that Blacky
http://youtu.be/0895J080Rp4

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 14, 2012 12:00     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey:
We are so lucky to have Dan Mongrain! .

CHEEEEWWWWWYYYYYYY!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 14, 2012 14:30     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
Here it is folks, proof is here... Jack Luminous has been played at least once live! Take that Blacky
http://youtu.be/0895J080Rp4

Ahhh cool. Now i can really see it. I was there in Tilburg but at the same time I was in 7th heaven.

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 14, 2012 22:58     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy shit I just watched the Montreal show and can't erase the rictus (grin) from my face! I am so pumped to see them at Shockwave. I bet I'll have the exact x-ray mirror of the same grin on my face that I have now.
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted June 15, 2012 07:38     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

fantastic!

thank you for the pix & possibly the first-ever mass hallucination captured on video

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted June 15, 2012 10:08     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:

fantastic!

thank you for the pix & possibly the first-ever mass hallucination captured on video

haha! i also wanna send my thanks! this is so amazing! i wanna see more pix from the gig but so far haven't had much luck finding any online.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted June 15, 2012 19:55     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Found these awesome b&w pics on Flickr...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/francoiscarlduguay/sets/72157630060530715/with/7370166182/

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted June 15, 2012 22:49     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
But he shit his pants on the first one

But most unfortunately, I got to see the gig from the side line, which is not how i like to enjoy a Voivod gig. June 7th at Sala Rossa was my 7th heaven.

At least, I got to see the April 12th gig with all of the VVFAN crew, which still sends chills down the spine, hope to do that again in Europe !

p.s.: Head Villain, not to rub it in, but I actually witnessed the gig three times, once in rehearsal before Blacky drove me to the airport

edit: and thanks for the link Mr. Trebes,

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 16, 2012 07:13     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jf:
p.s.: Head Villain, not to rub it in, but I actually witnessed the gig three times, once in rehearsal before Blacky drove me to the airport

Ah... that reminds me of one of my favourate days of all time...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbzPW336MTU

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted June 16, 2012 12:17     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We see your eyes passing by at some point, very funny !

Being completely immersed in the direct sound from the band is quite the experience, love it !

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 18, 2012 04:12     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
....possibly the first-ever mass hallucination captured on video

So it wasn't a dream ?! Hah! Thanks for the links

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan