my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Final piece of Voivodian vinyl (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Final piece of Voivodian vinyl
phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted January 21, 2013 05:32     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Here's my clear Jack Luminous 12", signed by Piggy, Snake, and Away..

It is signed on the vinyl - how crazy - is it still playable??? Nice one, indeed

Greetz
Michael \m/

--------------------

Inside a giant particle accelerator,a beam of protons,traveling at near the speed of light meets a beam of antiprotons moving equally fast in the opposite direction.The protons and mirror-image antiprotons annihilate each other,creating the fiery chaos of a parallel micro-galaxy.Experiment one complete,the VOIVOD goes into that new dimension,meeting different civilisations and psychic entities,extracting knowledge and energy in the eight programs of this project called: D I M E N S I O N H A T R Ö S S

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 21, 2013 09:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phobos777, in the first picture at the bottom in the center, what are the blue and yellow Voivod items? Are the 7 inch vinyls? I'm curious. Also the grey (or silver) version of Negatron... what the hell is that?

--------------------

yawn

phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted January 21, 2013 10:48     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes both (the same, only different color) are 7" bootlegs, quality is not so bad - you can listen to them. It is simillar to the doubleSplit 7" with Mercyful Fate (but only 1 7"). They say the single is lim. to 100, i only have two, becuz i shot them cheap on ebay.

The Silver Negatron is the lim. First Press, housed in an aluminum Box with the same Booklet like the standart edition. There is also a transparent Negatron sticker and the small red Pin which you see on the other pics inside. The box is lim. to 750 copys - i needed more than 10 years to grab it, and fuck it was cheap.I saw only two times this edition on ebay,one i have the other was sold for 70€ ca. 80$ roundabout.
I'm not sure, but i think this is one of the rarest(beside the 3D TOL Vinyl) official item you can get from Voivod.

Greets
Michael \m/

--------------------

Inside a giant particle accelerator,a beam of protons,traveling at near the speed of light meets a beam of antiprotons moving equally fast in the opposite direction.The protons and mirror-image antiprotons annihilate each other,creating the fiery chaos of a parallel micro-galaxy.Experiment one complete,the VOIVOD goes into that new dimension,meeting different civilisations and psychic entities,extracting knowledge and energy in the eight programs of this project called: D I M E N S I O N H A T R Ö S S

phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted January 21, 2013 11:09     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

This is the double 7" w/ Mercyfull Fate, as you can see the Voivod tracks are taken from the "...to the death" demo. Condemned to the gallows and Evil are on the 7inches.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 21, 2013 17:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info. I never knew about the Negatron box thing. VERY COOL!!!

--------------------

yawn

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted January 21, 2013 18:06     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny about "rarest" - 750 of that LP, but you never see it. And TOL, never seen one, how many were made? And yet "Too Scared To Scream" 12" was allegedly limited to 500 but you do see it now and again...

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 21, 2013 22:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
Funny about "rarest" - 750 of that LP, but you never see it. And TOL, never seen one, how many were made? And yet "Too Scared To Scream" 12" was allegedly limited to 500 but you do see it now and again...

All the best,
PAULIE

Yea, there's a vinyl of The Outer Limits on eBay again with a ridiculous starting bid of around $400.00!!! It's not like they only pressed 50 of these, there's got to be a lot more, even if it was European only release.

There's been the Thrashing Rage & Too Scared To Scream pic disc readily available on eBay & Music Stack for around $50.00 or less.

I also have noticed the War And Pain "Price Killers" cd fetches a bunch of money.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 22, 2013 08:14     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phobos777:
It is signed on the vinyl - how crazy - is it still playable??? Nice one, indeed

Greetz
Michael \m/

I never play that side in case it would mess up the signatures, but I bet it would play. I may give it a test one day.

Your collection is amazing! I only think I'm doing well with mine. I'm hoping that with all the "limited to 200" colored vinyl they are putting out now that these will be sought after later not that I'd ever sell...

phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted January 31, 2013 08:09     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's some fine Voivod vinyl:
The Korean version have the song Batman instead of Tribal Convictions - sound quality is great:

Korean Dimension Hatröss
the same still sealed:

and here the JL 12" on clear vinyl:
JL 12" clear vinyl Korea DH still sealed:
DM still sealed KOREA

The Nile Song/ Tribal Convictions, here is a KILLER Live version of TC:
The Nile Song maxi cd

Nice items for someone who needs this stuff.
I do NOT know the sellers, and i do NOT get money for this, i just want to help.

Greets
Michael \m/

--------------------

phobos777
VoivodFan
Member # 1275

posted January 31, 2013 08:18     Profile for phobos777   Email phobos777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know if you can trust this seller, he tells the cd is signed. I have also a signed one - if this is this cd then it is very rar:

Astronomy Domine signed cd

Greets Michael \m/

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 31, 2013 23:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phobos, thanks for the suggestions and the details on the Dimension Hatross Korean edition. I bought it. There's actually another on ebay. It looks like an interesting item to have in my collection. It's weird they replaced Tribal Convictions which was a promoted song and video for the Batman cover.

I also grabbed a promo 12 inch of Astronomy Domine/The Unknown Knows. The cover isn't in the greatest of shape but I rarely see this up for sales, so I had to have it, and the price of $20 seemed reasonable.

--------------------

yawn

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 07, 2013 13:57     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Absolutely beautiful collection. Most girls get all worked up over a nice high heels collection, some expensive purse, stupid things like a big makeup collection..... but I'm sitting here frothing at the mouth over all this vinyl! Great job!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 07, 2013 14:49     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dotrot_thrash:
Most girls get all worked up over a nice high heels collection, some expensive purse, stupid things like a big makeup collection.....

I think it's safe to say that Voivodfan "Girls" aren't your typical, run o the mill Girls.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 07, 2013 15:26     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Def agree with Luna here. And with dotrot on the vinyl collection drooling.

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 07, 2013 15:39     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is also true, Amy. I just think of the only other 2 females I hang out with and how one of them is obsessed with collecting mac makeup stuff, the other collects expensive heels, and my money is all sunk into piece of wax. especially voivod wax!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 07, 2013 17:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and you'll have your vinyl forever, whereas they will run out of make up and the heels will go out of style in a year or less. VOIVOD is timeless.

Another piece of my collection arrived today. VOIVOD - KATORZ black vinyl on the Night of the Vinyl Dead label. The really cool thing about this one is that etched into the inner vinyl on one side says "DEDICATED TO PIGGY..." and the other side says "THANKS FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE!!!" There's also a great 12x12 4 page booklet with a big picture of Piggy on the front, lyrics and Away's sketches on the inside and a group picture on the back.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 08, 2013 13:26     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now that sounds rad schroeder. What a great find.

You could start promoting tours of your collection.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 08, 2013 14:40     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey David, would you be interested in a mexican version of Katorz? On Maktplaats they sell it for €5,-

Shall i buy it for you and send it?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 05, 2013 10:00     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A vinyl version of The Outer Limits has just appeared on EBay, and it looks like the seller is serious. For those interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VOI -VOD-The-outer-limits-LP-rare-OOP-Orig-1st-Press-MCA-Records-w-inner-/390509829924?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item5aec331f24

Edit: BTW, the seller wants "just" two hundred bucks.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 05, 2013 12:36     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
A vinyl version of The Outer Limits has just appeared on EBay, and it looks like the seller is serious. For those interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VOI -VOD-The-outer-limits-LP-rare-OOP-Orig-1st-Press-MCA-Records-w-inner-/390509829924?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item5aec331f24

Edit: BTW, the seller wants "just" two hundred bucks.

That is pretty high price.

On Popsike.com you can find what this item has been sold for during the years.

From $70,- up to $140,- or so...

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 05, 2013 20:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want The Outer Limits on vinyl really bad, but I'm definitely NOT forking over $200 for it. I may make an offer towards the end of the auction if nobody buys it (which I doubt they will). This is the same seller that keeps relisting this because nobody was buying it at the $300+ he's been asking the first couple times he's listed it.
I'm in the process of a bunch of home projects and after buying the headphones, I'll have to hold out until I can get TOL at a reasonable price.
I still have a bunch of cool Voivod items coming in that I've recently purchased (including the Japanese cd of The Outer Limits) and I'll be taking pictures of the collection to share on here.
Voivod needs to make bobblehead figures of the band members, past and present. I would certainly buy a set of them!!!

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 05, 2013 20:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's also an ORANGE double vinyl of Target Earth on eBay!!! I keep checking for CMDistro to list this, because I really don't want to bid on one since it hasn't even come out yet and should be able to get a copy at regular retail price. CMDistro doesn't have it available yet, and I can't find it on any other online store.
Does anyone know if there is place to buy it yet?

I just found a copy of the orange vinyl. There was 2 in stock when I ordered mine so if you want the last one act quick.

VOIVOD ORANGE VINYL

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 06, 2013 01:32     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the heads-up, Schroeder! I ordered an orange vinyl from their site tonight.
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 06, 2013 01:56     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Because of my search for a new bike, I was a bit lost on my "quest" for vinyl. Can't find them on CMDistro or Nuclear Blast. Does anybody know if they will be out on cmd or nb soon?

The one on ebay isn't sealed anymore, what I don't like..

Dilemma

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 06, 2013 11:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
Thanks for the heads-up, Schroeder! I ordered an orange vinyl from their site tonight.

I'm glad you were able to get their last copy. With only 400 copies of the orange being made, it might be a tough on to get, and I have a feeling if most of the 400 go to independent retailers, they might just put them on eBay to get more than what the retail price should be. Hopefully everyone on this forum who wants one will be able to track one down at a reasonable price. I've never bought anything from Unholy Anarchy Distro before, but I was certainly happy to have found them. They might be who I end up getting the purple vinyl from, whenever that gets released.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan