my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Fortarock 2012 with Paulussie

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fortarock 2012 with Paulussie
thrashingdutchman
VoivodFan
Member # 506

posted June 03, 2012 15:20     Profile for thrashingdutchman   Email thrashingdutchman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Something I want to share...

Yesterday I was at the Fortarock festival in Nijmegen, where among others Meshuggah, Anthrax, Lamb of God and Devin Townsend were on the bill. Slayer was headliner this year. Each year I go to the Fortarock festival since 2010 and each time when I go a festival I wear a Voivod T-shirt to honour Piggy and Voivod at any Metal event I go to. Now I was wearing my grey Infini shirt, most of the time it's the War & Pain shirt but not today. Yesterday at Fortarock this guy approached me and said: "Finally I meet a man of taste!" while pointing at my shirt. It was the fellow Voivoidian that I have mailed with through this forum after I sent Warcorpse a page of the Cosmic Conspiracy comic some 10 years ago. We talked for a while and I kind of envied this guy because he had been at Roadburn this year and he met Chewy and Away at Michel's art exhibition there, so he told me. Well, yesterday was great day with lots of metal and the encounter with a fellow Vodhead! I enjoyed meeting you Paul.
Grtz, Leo

--------------------

V.O.I.V.O.D.:
Versatile Organism Intended for Violence and Online Destruction

|  IP: Logged
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 03, 2012 19:54     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul fuckin' rules; and the same for all the cool people from this board which I have had the pleasure to meet in person. Can't wait for the next VVF meeting.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 04, 2012 06:57     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, yeah I just cannot ignore a person who is wearing a Voivod shirt at a festival or concert. Exception to that was the roadburn festival where far too many Voivod shirts were seen...

Yeah Leo, the Roadburn festival was quit a blast...

Best bands of the day:

Meshuggah (offcourse.. )man they were tight as hell!!
Slayer (also very tight)

Both bands I stood right in front. 2nd or 3rd row. At Slayer I could lift my feet up and hang just between the other dudes in the audience...

Machine Head I did not watch at all, too busy hanging around with DBC aka Robert
Devin Townsend I didnt like.

Anthrax were cool, so was Steel panther (NOT)

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 04, 2012 11:08     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great to hear that guys

--------------------

String em up

thrashingdutchman
VoivodFan
Member # 506

posted June 04, 2012 17:40     Profile for thrashingdutchman   Email thrashingdutchman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I actually liked Devin, I saw him a couple of months ago in 013 (Tilburg) with Anneke van Giersbergen. Great show that was. Steel Panther was hilarious to see on stage. I was not really that impressed by Lamb of God this time. A few years back I saw them on Sonisphere in Nijmegen and then they really kicked ass. Meshuggah was really impressive. Slayer was better than any other time I saw them, a worthy headliner. By the way, this is a nice way to return to the forum. Cheerz, mes amis.

--------------------

V.O.I.V.O.D.:

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 05, 2012 02:54     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw a few Voivod shirts too, but can't remember them all...

Had great fun with Paul during Meshuggah, like two kids going bezerk

Had great fun all day, even if most bands on the bill were not really my cup of tea. Beer and good company is at least half of the fun, so thanks to Paul for the many laughs (and beers)!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

thrashingdutchman
VoivodFan
Member # 506

posted June 05, 2012 13:35     Profile for thrashingdutchman   Email thrashingdutchman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sunshine, beer, metal and friends. What else can you wish for ...

--------------------

V.O.I.V.O.D.:

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 05, 2012 15:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dutch_leo:
Sunshine, beer, metal and friends. What else can you wish for ...

Leo, my man... even your avatar is working again. This means you are back?

Always cool to (re)meet a new fellow voivodian on this sooooooo nice board...

--------------------

thrashingdutchman
VoivodFan
Member # 506

posted June 05, 2012 16:55     Profile for thrashingdutchman   Email thrashingdutchman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's right, Paul

--------------------

V.O.I.V.O.D.:

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 06, 2012 00:01     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn Dutch, like that avatar!

Would love to party with you guys one day....

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 06, 2012 13:49     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Damn Dutch, like that avatar!

Would love to party with you guys one day....

Roadburn 2013?

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

thrashingdutchman
VoivodFan
Member # 506

posted June 06, 2012 17:49     Profile for thrashingdutchman   Email thrashingdutchman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps Voivod could come to Doornroosje Nijmegen for a small clubshow like they did in Helmond in 2010. I was on holiday at the time so I've missed it

--------------------

V.O.I.V.O.D.:

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 07, 2012 01:25     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dutch_leo:
Perhaps Voivod could come to Doornroosje Nijmegen for a small clubshow like they did in Helmond in 2010. I was on holiday at the time so I've missed it

Ahhh, that is too bad...

Robert and I where there. One day later I went on holiday to Turkey. I kinda blew my ears that concert. My whife said: 'man, this is way too loud". I didn't notice...

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 07, 2012 22:48     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
Roadburn 2013?

Yes.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted June 08, 2012 05:54     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mooi!

PAUL IS THE IRONGANGMAKER

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 08, 2012 06:48     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Roadburn 2012 sounds good to me

Btw Aimz: I asked the owner of the art gallery / B&B for rooms and reservations. It's booked for years, so we have to kill some people first....

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted June 08, 2012 08:04     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noooooooo, Rob, don't do it!

The reason why it's always booked during the festival is that Roadburn mastermind Walter & his lady stay there.

No Walter = no Roadburn = no need to be in Tilburg

As some random Canadian once said, "Isn't it ironic?"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 08, 2012 08:15     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tilburg 2013, chalet here we come...

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 08, 2012 08:37     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
The reason why it's always booked during the festival is that Roadburn mastermind Walter & his lady stay there.

Oh dear..., I almost shoot the kreator of the fun.... Glad you made this point clear

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan