my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » US Summer Tour (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: US Summer Tour
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 02, 2012 11:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
USTOUR

Not too crazy about the lineup but hey I'll take whatever I can get............I actually like some FF...good jock metal..

|  IP: Logged
Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted May 02, 2012 11:45     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There are Canadian dates too, and it looks like not everything is announced yet:

Full Metal Jackie Presents: SHOCKWAVE FESTIVAL TOUR 2012

with Fear Factory, Voivod, Cattle Decapitation, Misery Index, Revocation, Havok, Dirge Within, Last Chance To Reason, Vildhjarta, The Browning and Forged In Flame

7/06/2012 Studio Seven – Seattle, WA
7/07/2012 Vogue Theatre – Vancouver, BC
7/11/2012 Pyramid Cabaret – Winnipeg, MB
7/12/2012 Station 4 – St Paul, MN
7/13/2012 The Rave – Milwaukee, WI
7/14/2012 Kool House – Toronto, ON
7/17/2012 Imperial Theater – Quebec City, QC
7/18/2012 Club Soda – Montreal, QC
7/20/2012 Northern Lights – Clifton, NY
7/21/2012 Town Ballroom – Buffalo, NY
7/22/2012 Reverb – Reading, PA
7/25/2012 Palladium – Worcester, MA
7/26/2012 Empire – Springfield, VA
7/29/2012 Tebala Shrine – Rockford, IL
8/02/2012 Nakai Hall – Window Rock, AZ
8/03/2012 The Marqee Theater – Tempe, AZ
8/04/2012 House Of Blues – Hollywood, CA

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted May 02, 2012 12:53     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dan M say they are not playing the Montreal show because of their June and August Montreal shows
jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted May 02, 2012 13:02     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
7/20/2012 Northern Lights – Clifton, NY

I guess I'm not seeing them in N.Y. then, bah !

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted May 02, 2012 21:04     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's probably way out of the question, but how great would it be if they did "Dimension Hatross" on this tour? Well, at least in Toronto, since that's the one I'll be at.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 02, 2012 21:45     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oooooohhhhhhh yyyyyyyeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

(That was my best Macho Man Randy Savage too, by the way, thank you very much!)

Super stoked for this! Getting my tix this weekend.

Note to the band (if they see this post) the venue in Winnipeg is a well known, but TINY club that holds maybe 250. The stage is quite small, there's very little parking for your bus, etc. I don't know who booked it at The Pyramid, but that's the wrong place and everyone here is hoping it will move to The Garrick or The Burton Cummings Theatre (where Voivod played with Down a few years ago).

I am super jacked for this show. Last time I saw VV was at Wacken. Same with FF. LOL

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 03, 2012 01:06     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK YEAH, first show of the tour! I'm kinda scratching my head at the choice of venue for such a large show, but whatever, I'M THERE!!!

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 03, 2012 01:31     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Note to the band (if they see this post) the venue in Winnipeg is a well known, but TINY club that holds maybe 250. The stage is quite small, there's very little parking for your bus, etc.

Studio Seven in Seattle is also a pretty small little place. I guess I'm not complaining about the venue, but I don't see any logic in cramming so many bands into a "festival" tour in tiny clubs? Seems like Voivod will have to play an abbreviated set to accomodate all these bands.

North American tour lineups always suck this way. But hey, yeah, I'll be there without a doubt.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted May 03, 2012 04:56     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 03, 2012 07:30     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh no, I'm definitely not complaining, just want to give them a heads up that this may be a a bit difficult to hold a show like this at this particular venue.

Doors are at 2pm so that gives all the bands plenty of time. It's on a Wednesday and I work right across the street from the club, but I think I'll take the day off (and the next day)

Can't wait!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 03, 2012 10:29     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
a real tour with Prong is on my current wish list. i would go see Shockwave but still not sure if they are going to add dates in the South?

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 03, 2012 11:17     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who wants to meet in St. Paul or Milwaukee? Haha.

I was just in Minneapolis and that place is cool..so is St. Paul. I've never been to Milwaukee.

Anyhoo. August in Window Rock with that line up sounds like a fuckin' nightmare. Guess I better go then.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted May 03, 2012 13:15     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Oh no, I'm definitely not complaining

But I am!

Sorry if that seemed like a snarky reply to your (or any other) post. It wasn't intended that way...
A 'festival' headlined by FF -- "jock rock" omg perfect description -- nooooo...
They deserve to be headlining, with max. one opening band, in nice clubs.

Never mind, I'm just "spitting some gall" as we say in Dutch

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 03, 2012 13:59     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
-- "jock rock" omg perfect description --

But Burton is so dreamy, haha. And trust me L, surely this "place" in Window Rock Arizona is sure to suck not just for Voivod, but for all of the bands. This is in the heart of the Navajo Nation so the crowd will be, well, just about nothing but us Navajo's and you will see piles of our hair all over the place. I wonder if it is possible to simply plan my death here?

The Marquee Theatre in Tempe is looking much better.

--------------------

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 03, 2012 18:04     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Strangely, I will be 40 miles from Milwaukee on Friday, July 13, so we'll be making that show in case they never make it south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Never heard Fear Factory before, so I just went to have a listen. I'll be out the door before that shit starts.

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted May 04, 2012 02:38     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
But Burton is so dreamy, haha.

"awww, shucks...hee hee...luna...i think you are very dreamy, too!"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 04, 2012 02:43     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:

Never heard Fear Factory before, so I just went to have a listen. I'll be out the door before that shit starts.

WHat?? FF are cool as hell. Especially the combination of drums and guitar trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 04, 2012 03:36     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well it's sad to say that most of the time bands don't even have any say in where they are playing, it's all about which venue has the highest bid to the promoter, simple as that. Unless you are Metallica and can buy Yankee Stadium whenever they please

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 04, 2012 07:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unless they add something closer, looks like I'll be headed to Springfield.

How about adding Atlanta guys??

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted May 04, 2012 10:11     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
But I am!

Sorry if that seemed like a snarky reply to your (or any other) post. It wasn't intended that way...
A 'festival' headlined by FF -- "jock rock" omg perfect description -- nooooo...
They deserve to be headlining, with max. one opening band, in nice clubs.

Never mind, I'm just "spitting some gall" as we say in Dutch

Amy, I'll be at the Milwaukee, Minneapolis, and Rockford shows. That's my neck of the woods

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 04, 2012 14:47     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha Lesley can I nick that picture??

--------------------

String em up

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted May 05, 2012 03:42     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Hahaha Lesley can I nick that picture??

Certainly, o fair lady of the chalet!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 05, 2012 07:13     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahah nice one reposted it

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 07, 2012 11:21     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

"awww, shucks...hee hee...luna...i think you are very dreamy, too!"

Thanks Burton! haha. Seriously. I love Fear Factory so I guess that makes me a jock.

--------------------

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted May 13, 2012 13:07     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love playing in 500 capacity venues, with a descend stage it's perfect, usually the sound if good gear is amazing, arena shows and bigger is too much, beside only the first 5000 see and hear well, but that's just me. Not that I don't like playing huge outdoor festivals that is fun too but it ain't the same, you can't reach out on a personal level, you know what I mean. I think this tour is going to be awesome. And we are fully prepare, we are going to play a little bit of everything, so no full DH, although we are doing it on June 7th here in Montreal, but we will play songs from it that we normally don't play and there is Jack Luminous that we will bring out once it a while. So basically each show will be different, that's what we are going to do I think.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan