my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Roadburn vinyl? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Roadburn vinyl?
spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted May 02, 2012 05:23     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't seen any posts about the limited edition Roadburn 2011 LP sold at this year's Roadburn. (or maybe I'm just blind and missed them)

For those fortunate enough to have it, how does it sound? Any pics of the gatefold design?

And for the band -- any chance of a reissue for us not-so-lucky New Yorkers who couldn't make the trip to Roadburn and can't pay $120 for a copy on Ebay? How about as a bonus LP packaged along with a vinyl pressing of the next album? (hint, hint)

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 02, 2012 05:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mmm... I "forgot" to buy one. I had my mind set on buying at least two but then I realised I had no recordplayer anymore.

Me stupid.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 02, 2012 06:37     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do have it (bought 2 of them, stupid collector I am...).

Listened it once, but via my turntable connected to my mac + crappy speakers. When I give it a descent spinn, I will report it here.

I can make some pics of the inside parts etcetera too

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 02, 2012 09:43     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't have enough cash for one... planning on ordering one in a couple of weeks. Roadburn store has them for €20. If you buy the last one before me, I will hunt you down.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted May 02, 2012 15:42     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm lucky enough to have picked up a copy of it. How can a Voivod fan not love this... Great artwork, raw but good sound, great tracklisting and of course the songs are played very well.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 02, 2012 17:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just went and ordered one from the site. It ended up being about $50 with shipping to the states... but it's VOIVOD so I had to get it... right.
I hope it wasn't the last one, H. Of course if you are going to hunt me down over here in the USA could you bring EOLB & Winchester Club over to perform live before I die?

--------------------

yawn

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted May 02, 2012 18:50     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AFAIK, the vinyl will be soon available through the iron gang factory. It appears it wasn't sold out at the festival, so the remaining copies were split between the Roadburn team and Voivod. The Voivod copies were going to be shipped sloooooowly (and cheeeeaper) to Canada, so we should expect them soon to be available. Maybe Blacky could confirm this or confirm that I'm full of shit

BTW: the Vinyl is BEAUUUTIFUL

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 03, 2012 13:28     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So here you go with the pic of the album

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 03, 2012 13:50     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice DBC! I haven't opened mine yet. It's there on my kitchen table looking quite nice and lovely. I wouldn't be able to play it anyway, haha.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 03, 2012 14:28     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I even found myself next to Paul from England on one picture. I remember that first Roadburn gig in 2011 as one of the biggest parties I ever contended.

--------------------

spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted May 03, 2012 21:31     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
So here you go with the pic of the album

Nice! Thanks man!

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted May 04, 2012 10:16     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh wow! that looks beautiful! since i already spent my "shipping records over from europe budget" for the past 2 months on the new kreator releases, i unfortunately cant spend 50$ for this LP. i hope it comes to the iron gang shop because i'll get one for sure!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 04, 2012 15:18     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I couldn't wait. Once I saw it for sale from Burning World, I had to put my order in.

Totally an Uter moment there for me...

Really, it looks so beautiful. I don't think my Voivod collection would be complete without this fine release.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 04, 2012 21:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for posting the picture, now I really can't wait to get mine. I wish I would have known about the Iron Gang getting some before placing my order; however, after seeing there was only 500 pressed, I wasn't going to take any chances of missing out on this. I'm still bummed all my Voivod vinyl got sold when I was married and we were in need of money, and the only Voivod vinyl I have in my collection is the "Lost Machine/Jack Luminous" 12 inch and the Nothingface promo interview 12 inch. I really can't justify trying collect everything again on vinyl since I have it all on cd, and since I just purchased a new car. The Roadburn vinyl will be a great addition, especially since it's the only way to get that recording... right now. They would be smart to release the recording on cd, for those who don't have turntables or weren't able to get this limited edition item. I'd buy it again if it came out on cd.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 04, 2012 23:29     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
They would be smart to release the recording on cd, for those who don't have turntables or weren't able to get this limited edition item. I'd buy it again if it came out on cd.

They still make turntables, so now would be a good excuse to get one. Besides, CD players are so 20th century.

My son found a copy of RRRoooaaarrr on vinyl on record store day a couple weeks ago. I got treated to it again tonight as soon as he got here.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 05, 2012 20:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have 3 turntables in my house. One for every room (except the garage) where I have a stereo system set up. I kept finding great deals on eBay for them after I got divorced years ago... so, why the fuck not buy them for every room in case I'm ever in the mood to spin some vinyl, anywhere in my house. I would still want it on cd, because I'm too lazy to hook my stereo back into my computer again so I can digitize more vinyl. besides, I know they want more of my money.

--------------------

yawn

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 06, 2012 02:31     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I did stop buying vinyl mid 90s, because of other interests music was for a couple of years on a low level. Vinyl was getting expensive and rare, but I luckely kept all of my records. Till that period I hated cd's, so I bought the vinyl editions, when my friens all bought the cd's. That's my luck nowadays, having an almost complete vinyl collection of Voivod. I just need the 3D version of TOL and the "Best Of" album, if the last one really excists...

--------------------

Ron McGregor
VoivodFan
Member # 1080

posted May 06, 2012 12:39     Profile for Ron McGregor   Email Ron McGregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So what's the direct link to buy a copy?
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 06, 2012 14:11     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ron McGregor:
So what's the direct link to buy a copy?

Besides the Iron Gang side, you can check here -> http://burningworldrecords.com/

--------------------

Ron McGregor
VoivodFan
Member # 1080

posted May 06, 2012 19:18     Profile for Ron McGregor   Email Ron McGregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's 50$ in pure canadian dollars.
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted May 13, 2012 13:17     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
we are going to have it on the IGF store, just waiting for the shipment to arrived, also DH shirt of the Roadburn festival. Remember guys when you buy directly to us (IGF) we are making the cash, not that I want to sound like a sucker, but hey! this is a good way to support a band, you fuckin know that! + we are giving goodies, just saying.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 13, 2012 20:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish I would have known the Iron Gang was definitely getting it before placing my order. I would have rather given the band my money. I get nervous when it comes to limited edition stuff, because sometimes things can sell out so fast when the entire world has access to buying something; so, I usually buy things as soon as I hear about them so I don't miss out and end up kicking myself for not buying it right away (which has happened numerous times in the past.

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted May 18, 2012 10:26     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
waiting...................
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 18, 2012 18:34     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah I got around to customising my DH shirt, it looks lovely

--------------------

String em up

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted May 19, 2012 09:26     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Ah I got around to customising my DH shirt, it looks lovely

pictures!!!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan