my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » ROADBURN REPORT SECTION (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: ROADBURN REPORT SECTION
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 23, 2012 05:27     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
I missed Purson, but Karl ran into the singer in the bar. Apparently she got to the festival to find that one of her band members had...

Oh dear! Hmm. That might explain why she ran screaming when we offered her some frites:

|  IP: Logged
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 23, 2012 06:19     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
Luna, in that case you will probably adore Ved Buens Ende (Virus guy's previous band). Written in Waters is very VVF-friendly!
A preview for ya
here

I second what lovely Leslie said. VBE is really amazing, just like Virus, a little more "metal". And BTW, Virus was insane on Thursday. Leslie: Didn't you see my panflute somewhere? I cannot seem to find it

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 23, 2012 08:10     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:
will be playing with them at the dutch doom days festival in Oct.

This is great news, Igor! Keep us posted about any other dates, too.

For the record: Igor pronounced "Beekse Bergen" like a native

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted April 23, 2012 10:06     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Oh dear! Hmm. That might explain why she ran screaming when we offered her some frites:

oh god! i miss these so much! it's also extremely strange that i had a dream about eating some lastnight, and i come on here today and there's a post about them. huh?!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 23, 2012 11:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

Luna, I'm glad you got to experience KONG and they were as good as I figured they would be.

Have you seen them? Or rather, experienced their blasting wall of sound? Man, that shit blew me Away. I want to relive that part of Roadburn over and over when I keel over.

Thanks for the link L. I also enjoyed Manorexia - definitely a good way to sit back and chill. It was gorgeous.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 24, 2012 02:49     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
I also enjoyed Manorexia - definitely a good way to sit back and chill. It was gorgeous.

Here is an artsy crowd shot during Manorexia...the shadow in the middle reminded me of a moth.

DBC: Yes, same friend! Am I being an enabler by rewarding this kind of behavior?

Dot: It's such a pity you couldn't make it this year; you would have been in Away-heaven. With frites!

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted April 24, 2012 06:11     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Here is an artsy crowd shot during Manorexia...the shadow in the middle reminded me of a moth.

Dot: It's such a pity you couldn't make it this year; you would have been in Away-heaven. With frites!

that's a really cool photo! i see the moth

and you're right... Away heaven can only be achieved with his long grey hair and frites! i would have liked to meet all of you guys although i know i'm still a "no0b" here. i'm enjoying everyone's stories and photos though and hope in the future to make it to another VVF gathering of some sort!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 24, 2012 11:05     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice, and we are having some sort of Moth Invasion here in Albuquerque. They are EVERYWHERE!

Would be lovely to meet you dot_thrashtrashthrashtrash.

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 24, 2012 11:33     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dotrot_thrash:
that's a really cool photo! i see the moth
... although i know i'm still a "no0b" here. i'm enjoying everyone's stories and photos though and hope in the future to make it to another VVF gathering of some sort!

That's one thing that will happen FOR SURE at some point. I just hope it involves tents nearby the stage/ venue after my painful drunk adventures to get to my jungalow (sorry Head Villain :-) ). And you HAVE to be there.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 24, 2012 13:44     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh shit iiigggiiirrr~~~

Just noticed the change, haha.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 24, 2012 16:03     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Oh shit iiigggiiirrr~~~

Just noticed the change, haha.

Hahaha now I noticed too....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 24, 2012 16:27     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggïïïrrr:
I just hope it involves tents nearby the stage/ venue after my painful drunk adventures to get to my jungalow (sorry Head Villain :-) ).

Would you rather have been camping in that weather??

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 24, 2012 17:22     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 25, 2012 01:30     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Next time we rent the complete B&B above the art gallery

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 25, 2012 03:46     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I almost feel like I was there, except my ears aren't ringing, I don't have a hangover or stomach aches, and I'm not 20 pounds heavier from eating and drinking

LOL
Just drink Spa Rood, you'll be fine! I think I actually lost some weight this year due to all the insane stairclimber workouts -- Het Patronaat turned out to be way more taxing than the Midi Theatre. And I'm pretty sure I've never criss-crossed the Main Hall as many times before, either.

For example, the second Yob set had me in total Goldilocks mode: "This spot is too close, this spot is too far, this spot is too polluted by cigar smoke (that was a new one), this spot is too riddled with 'just here for the Afterburner' Dutch dudes who can't seem to stop talking..."
Until finally: "This spot is juuuuust riiiiight!"

Oh! And the ringing ears: this is classic. After a quick post-Coroner snack break, I rushed back to make it to Black Cobra, which would be my very last show of Roadburn 2012.

The riotous spectacle was already in progress. As I scrambled to quick put in my earplugs, one of them broke. I quickly determined that if there's one band you really need both earplugs for, it's Black Cobra LOL

And so I left before they finished. It was time to call it a night anyway: I had to return my rental bike and make the last Intercity train.

I quick texted Paulussie to say bye & tell him to say bye to everyone from me and off I went. From Goldilocks to Cinderella...

...leaving Planet Roadburn. It was grand, hope to meet all of you (and more of you) again

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 25, 2012 10:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Brrrrrr is right. Especially for my skinny arse. And what's the b&b above the gallery? That sounds comfy. Who's playing next year? When is this announced?

I do miss Planet Roadburn. Jesu's set was extremely loud and some kind soul gave me earplugs since I was standing up front with my fingers in my ears, haha.

Though, I have to say aside from meeting new folks from well, everywhere, I now have a HUGE list of new bands to enjoy.

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 25, 2012 12:16     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

Uuhhh.... I thought that's what dutch dynamite is for, uh?

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 25, 2012 12:22     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... And B&B (Beavis and Butthead?) above the gallery sounds like a GREAT idea. Even stupid drunk Igir couldn't manage to get lost getting back there.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 25, 2012 12:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know how you found your way back to the Jungalow Igir. Wow, you are an amazing drunk and not stupid.

I still have some Dutch Dynamite in my fridge. I want to share sips with my sister who I am sure will hate it.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 25, 2012 15:10     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I don't know how you found your way back to the Jungalow Igir. Wow, you are an amazing drunk and not stupid.

I still have some Dutch Dynamite in my fridge. I want to share sips with my sister who I am sure will hate it.

wotever happened to the Dutch Dynamite that Robert would bring, did u guys have it saturday??

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 25, 2012 15:43     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, it was around before our troupe arrived to the festival grounds, so DBC was kind enough to send me a good amount with megz and vroom on Sunday. I wonder if I can find it here.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 25, 2012 18:49     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Godflesh and Electric Wizard so far for next year, dunno if anyone else is announced yet?

--------------------

String em up

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 26, 2012 02:29     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
wotever happened to the Dutch Dynamite that Robert would bring, did u guys have it saturday??

Yup, brought 1/2 liter of it on Saturday. Igor tried to "force" a lot of people taste the Dutch rocket fuel. Next time we make some pics of those people's faces, when smelling at the bottle

I think Meg drank most of it

--------------------

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted April 26, 2012 22:42     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
does anyone have anymore links to photos from photographers from the gigs? i love looking at this kinda stuff but haven't had alot of time to search lately.
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 27, 2012 03:51     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
And what's the b&b above the gallery? That sounds comfy.

Here's the link to the B&B / Art Gallery ->
http://www.bedandbreakfasttilburg.nl/GustvanDijk.html

Seems to be a two room Beeandbee..

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan