my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » ROADBURN REPORT SECTION (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: ROADBURN REPORT SECTION
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 14, 2012 11:18     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello everybody. 2,5 out of 4 days of Roadburn are over and i am at home now to leave my dearest fellow voivodians for a 24 hours!

The things that have went on in the last couple of days are undescibable. Going to Voivod is always a party but this one is going in the books as ( at least my) best ever.

People who couldn't keep their eyes dry when the begintune of Jack Luminous started, including mine. I can NEVER listen to that song again without thinking of this particular moment.

Being with Amy, Mat, Carl and Chef (AKA AngelRat) in a caravan where there is only room for 4 persons is a blast, even when IGOR stays for the night...

We been to Voivod on the first day and ended up with all 4 members of Voivod in a nearby bar until 3 o'clock.

later more...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 15, 2012 05:15     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A few pics of the people. Pics of the bands will come too.

More Pics: Gang

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 15, 2012 06:34     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...DAN K. FROM DIE KREUZEN JOINING IN ON "MAN IN THE TREES" ON FRIDAY NIGHT...!!!

YESSSSSS!!!

It was already mind-bogglingly fabulous to have heard the cover Thursday night, but when they brought Dan out the next day for a reprise I could hardly believe it. He can still belt out the screams, and the duet worked beautifully.

Away's exhibition is terrific It was a real honor to do the bio. His design looks gorgeous on the banners all over Tilburg, and the posters at the train stations are fantastic.

They already caught my eye when I arrived at my local station from the airport last week, unprepared for the return of winter, longing to be back in Jamaica. One look at those aliens instantly put me in Roadburn mode.

The limited edition Roadburn 2011 live LP looks good, hopefully sounds that way, too; haven't played it yet. The special Dimension Hatross shirt is a nice souvenir. Copies of Worlds Away were flying out of the gallery & merch room, including the German version (that must have been so fun to translate!) And Costin Chioreanu's Dimension Hatross poster, too, looked great.

Okay, gotta leave Earth & get back on Planet Roadburn for the Afterburner, during which I hope to spend more time in between bands talking with VVF-ers!!

It has been such a whirlwind, seemed to go by 100x faster than last year...

-Leslie

PS: Someone in the US please Fed Ex me & Luna some tamales.
Also, rumor has it Igor has been moonlighting as a panflute player in the streets of Tilburg. That is, when he isn't being roadie supreme for Voivod...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 15, 2012 18:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome pictures of all you lucky fucker having the time of your lives... drink one for me!!! thanks for the reviews and updates.

--------------------

yawn

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted April 16, 2012 00:51     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
[QB]...DAN K. FROM DIE KREUZEN JOINING IN ON "MAN IN THE TREES" ON FRIDAY NIGHT...!!!

Please please please please please please PLEASE let there be footage of this...

Only got to see Die K once ever, on their last-ever tour, and his voice was absolutely soaring... Cement still gives me goosebumps to this day.

LIVE AND BURN
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 16, 2012 04:07     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some Coroner pics:

Colonolorrlrol

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 16, 2012 04:11     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
Please please please please please please PLEASE let there be footage of this...

Only got to see Die K once ever, on their last-ever tour, and his voice was absolutely soaring... Cement still gives me goosebumps to this day.

LIVE AND BURN
PAULIE

Dan K and Voivod:

Klickeliklick

Man in the tree pics

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 16, 2012 04:50     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man, that pic brings up lots of good memories

Having a real blast the complete festival. Great festival, lovely people, great bands and most of it, a bunch of complete sweat and nice Voivodian nutcases and a superb Voivod twice, with DH and JL

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 16, 2012 10:40     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome...so fucking awesome. I can't believe it's over already. 4 days filled with great music, great people and lots of drinks.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted April 17, 2012 00:55     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
Dan K and Voivod:

Klickeliklick

Man in the tree pics

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! Really fucking excellent... I like that they both sang everything together rather than trading off lines, though that would have showcased their different styles a bit more. My head would have exploded if I saw that, how great! Interesting to me that Chewy plays it the way Piggy played it rather than going back to the original for Brian's licks, though they were quite close I suppose. For the uninitiated, here's the album track: http://youtu.be/CI4Vai5MKH4 Very grateful for the vid (and pics), thanks much!

Very best,
PAULIE

PS, BTW - Nothing better than Dan's screams at the end of Big Bad Days... http://youtu.be/Fis7_d8ytJI

At that one gig I saw them, it was stated on the flyer that it was their final tour... They were very personable and more than happy to sign a couple singles for me - I asked, why on earth would you pack it in? It didn't make sense to me, they seemed to be enjoying each other still and whatnot. One said, "Look around you..." I'm not sure if I was more embarassed for them or for myself, but yup, there was about 30 people in the place. It's not that they didn't care, the rest of the world didn't. They got up and played their hearts out, totally fucking ripped. Art is not defined as a business, but there has to be that reciprocal relationship with an audience in order to have it exist. It's truly a shame that Die Kreuzen were allowed to fade away.

That being said, I'm very grateful for fellow Voivod fans in helping provide that reciprocal relationship. LIVE AND BURN.

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 17, 2012 08:50     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was fortunate to catch them multiple times back in the day in DC and Richmond...this was '86 - '90, they were much loved, good turnouts. Unfortunately, I was a total garbage pail kid at the time, and remember way too little of these shows

That's one reason why Voivod was my sole drug of choice at Roadburn '11 and '12

Have you seen this die kreuzen show from '88?

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 17, 2012 08:56     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back to Roadburn 2012:

Classic Afterburner moments:

Paulussie marching down 'restaurant row' announcing, "15 minutes until Coroner! I repeat, 15 minutes until Coroner!"

Then, when everyone was gathered down front, ready for Coroner, he starts hollering "VOIVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" only seconds before Chewy & Snake happen to walk through the very door only a few steps away from the gang.

Upon spotting them, enthusiastic pointing and even more enthusiastic chanting of "VOIVOOOOOD!!!" ensues, much to the rest of the audience's extreme amusement and the duo's momentary embarassment (only momentary; hey, it's Roadburn, you're allowed to do this kind of thing).

GOOD TIMES!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 17, 2012 09:54     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
Back to Roadburn 2012:

Classic Afterburner moments:

Paulussie marching down 'restaurant row' announcing, "15 minutes until Coroner! I repeat, 15 minutes until Coroner!"

Then, when everyone was gathered down front, ready for Coroner, he starts hollering "VOIVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" only seconds before Chewy & Snake happen to walk through the very door only a few steps away from the gang.

Upon spotting them, enthusiastic pointing and even more enthusiastic chanting of "VOIVOOOOOD!!!" ensues, much to the rest of the audience's extreme amusement and the duo's momentary embarassment (only momentary; hey, it's Roadburn, you're allowed to do this kind of thing).

GOOD TIMES!

mmm, yeah. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. But I was over enthousiastic...

Sorry to the Coroner guys who might have heard that also.

Coroner where next to VOivod THE BEST GIG in the whole weekend, I love them.

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 17, 2012 10:12     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back in Sweden, couchdiving franticly after a night in a German village.

It was a fine festival alright Thank you everybody, and a big thanks to Robert and Ingrid for their great hospitality. It was a blast

I'll sort the pictures out the coming days. More to come.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 17, 2012 10:39     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul, your enthusiasm was awesome. Seriously, moments like that are what makes Roadburn such a trip.

In case you didn't notice, Ron Royce was beaming at you & the other Coroner maniacs headbanging & singing along with all of the songs!

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 17, 2012 10:52     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehehe, is there even a to many screams like VOIVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD ?!

For some nice déjà vu's ->
http://www.roadburn.com/2012/04/voivod-enitre-dimension-hatross-performanc e-at-roadburn-2012-posted/

Ps: Vroom, I text you for your tabbook, what was still in the Vroomroom.. Mail me your address and I'll send it to you.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 17, 2012 10:56     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't wait to see your photos, Vroom!
In the meantime, some nice ones taken by Niels Vinck on Thursday, April 12, 2012 here

(photos 47 - 54; and three from Friday the 13th: 85 - 87)

The first 10 photos here were taken at this year's fest by Paul Verhagen (the rest of the Voivod pix on his Achrome Moments site are from '11).

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted April 17, 2012 12:10     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was great meeting you guys, too bad I was down with some B A C T E R I A on friday the 13th at the 013, shit !

I'll be back !

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 17, 2012 13:36     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jf:
It was great meeting you guys, too bad I was down with some B A C T E R I A on friday the 13th at the 013, shit !

I'll be back !

Welcome anytime, did blacky show up yet?

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 17, 2012 14:03     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My camera is dying. Gonna replace the ol workhorse Nikon D200 with a D700 as soon as i can. Waaay better in low light settings.

Anyho. Here's a few:
1st Voivod show

Voivod - Dimension Hatröss

And a mixed album. A few of End Of Level Boss as well:
Mixed

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted April 17, 2012 14:18     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
Welcome anytime, did blacky show up yet?

Yup, he called last night and was absolutely enchanted with the whole Roadburn 2012 experience, the boys definately had a blast !

Cheers again for a great welcome, looking forward to those gang photos !

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 17, 2012 15:16     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
My camera is dying. Gonna replace the ol workhorse Nikon D200 with a D700 as soon as i can. Waaay better in low light settings.

Anyho. Here's a few:
1st Voivod show

Voivod - Dimension Hatröss

And a mixed album. A few of End Of Level Boss as well:
Mixed

beautiful. Glad that i did not bring my Canon in, you are the better photographer...

You are the man!!!

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 17, 2012 16:14     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome stuff! Wish I could've been there!

Since this is the report thread, can we have setlists, please? Thanks in advance!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 17, 2012 16:22     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Awesome stuff! Wish I could've been there!

Since this is the report thread, can we have setlists, please? Thanks in advance!

Mmmm....

Second nite

Dimension Hatross
Forlorn
Jack Luminous
Astronomy Domine

Second nite had The new song target earth and Kaleidos.

Could be wrong, so excited i was

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 17, 2012 21:12     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really enjoyed the Roadburn video reports. Only one problem....no EOLB clip.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan