my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » less then 24 hours to go

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: less then 24 hours to go
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 02, 2012 16:37     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah,

It is almost happening. Fuck.

Head Villain has already set foot on dutch ground!! And I think Luna is already in the chalet by now....

Tomorrow morning i will be buying a case of Belgium heavy beer just to get through the mornings...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 02, 2012 16:51     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Talk about anexiety building up. I just saw a pic Voivod uploaded on fartbook ... The streets of tilburg (I believe) w/ roadburn banners haging from poles. Damn, I want to be there now!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 11, 2012 14:18     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, see me first post

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 11, 2012 16:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I salute my lucky ass friends who will be there to attend this historic event! I will drink one for you tonight....awesome!
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 12, 2012 01:22     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Up already (07:20h) and excited about what to come

Could'n sleep because of some snoring sound from our attic, what must have been Vroom....

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 12, 2012 02:42     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
Up already (07:20h) and excited about what to come

Could'n sleep because of some snoring sound from our attic, what must have been Vroom....

I never snore. The finest example of clean pipes and top nothch health i am.

Good coffee from Robert i must say.
Winchester club in the stereo is great morning music too :-)

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 12, 2012 02:42     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just loading up the car here. The boat leaves at 12:00! See you at the bar...
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 12, 2012 03:28     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Within 1 Hour i am of to go to Tilburg.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 19, 2012 12:10     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, the getting to the chalet bit was a story in itself. There I was, a desert fool arriving in Tilburg without an umbrella, though thankfully I had the brilliant idea of purchasing a proper rain repellent jacket before leaving the Land of Sun and Sky.

After sorting out which bus to take to Beekse Bergen Safari Park, I stupidly got off said bus at the WRONG stop. At which point it begins to do this thing where the sky lets loose droplets of wet stuff while I madly dress myself in my wet stuff repellent jacket, proceed to get soaked, decide to ride the bus back to Point A.

I get on another bus and make sure to jump off the bus at the right exit and find out that the park itself is located a good 20-30 minute walk away from where the bus belched me onto a pathway in the middle of nowhere. Off I go and the damn place is closed! Finally find I can check in at the little security house where the men are kind to drive me to Chalet #18 which is a good thing since that involved another 30 minute walk, haha!

Chalet #18 was nice, clean and very cold. I made everyone's bed, turned up the heat, amped up the gas stove, put on water for tea and warmed up before realizing I had a roll and a small bit of cheese leftover from my Aer Lingus fight. And finding out the grocery down the path was already closed.

I crash, and at some point into my deep sleep there's a knock on the door and who should it be but two cold, backpack laden Voivod Fans who'd spent how many hours wandering the grounds of the massive Safari Park, happy to see someone was in Chalet #18.

Tea was had. And sleep was had...and that's how the party began. And it's the 19th of April and still feel like I have a hangover.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 19, 2012 14:51     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck yes that was an epic trek to find the chalet. Karl jinxed us after we got off the plane by saying "Wow, that was a really stress-free journey!"
We got dropped at said bus stop in the middle of nowhere in the dark but cleverly followed a couple of stoners who "knew where they were going".. an hour or so later, at the wrong entrance where everything was closed, we pottered about swearing a lot until a ranger drove past and we harassed him. Eventually he agreed to drive ahead of us in the direction of the chalets, where we rudely awoke Amy and demanded tea.
Thankfully Paul turned up with groceries and beer the next day, and made violent soup for us.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 19, 2012 16:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Thankfully Paul turned up with groceries and beer the next day, and made violent soup for us.

Piraat \m/

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 20, 2012 11:59     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:

"Violent Soup" needs to be a band name.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan