my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » TOL question

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TOL question
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 01, 2012 05:50     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What was exactly the involvement of Bruce Dickinson on this album? The cover says A&R direction...

Anyone knows?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 01, 2012 14:33     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's the other Bruce Dickinson, the one portrayed by Christopher Walken. He's a producer.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bruce-dickinson/7/71/503

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 01, 2012 14:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, too bad. I was misinformed then. I always thought TOL had a little Iron Maiden Vibe in it. Not very much but if one album was close to an Iron Maiden vibe it would have been TOL...

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 01, 2012 20:19     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This raises the question... how come The Outer Limits doesn't feature more cowbell? Bahaha!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 01, 2012 20:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bruce was Voivod's pilot for TOL... A&R actually stands for Airplane & Refreshments (which was handled by the stewardess who got no credit on the album)

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 01, 2012 21:16     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny, here we go...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_cowbell

From the Wiki page:
Christopher Walken portrays producer Bruce Dickinson (not to be confused with the Iron Maiden vocalist of the same name). Although Dickinson has produced many songs and albums for many different artists,[3] he was not the actual producer of "(Don't Fear) The Reaper." The song was produced by David Lucas,[4] Sandy Pearlman,[5] and Murray Krugman.[5] Bruce Dickinson was a mid-level manager at Columbia Records whose name appears on Blue Öyster Cult reissue CDs and a greatest hits compilation as the "reissue producer".

That's likely the same guy listed on TOL. Still, a good bit of funny trivia.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan