my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Roadburn festival to release Voivod live album on April 12, 2012

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roadburn festival to release Voivod live album on April 12, 2012
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 13, 2012 10:18     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From the Roadburn site:

quote:
We are elated to announce the upcoming release of Voivod Live at Roadburn 2011. Our first official festival album captures the metal innovators from Canada during their Midi Theatre and Main Stage performances at last year’s festival.

Voivod Live at Roadburn 2011 takes the listener on a trip through the band’s discography from War and Pain (1984) to 2009′s Infini. It also includes the live debut of a Phobos (1997) track interpreted by the current line-up featuring original members Denis “Snake” Belanger (vocals), Jean-Yves “Blacky” Theriault (bass) and Michel “Away” Langevin (drums) along with guitarist extraordinaire Dan”Chewy” Mongrain. Known for their energetic shows, the band reached positively stratospheric levels at Roadburn 2011.

The track listing is as follows:

A-Side, Midi Theatre:
The Prow
Ravenous Medicine
Overreaction
Experiment
Global Warning

B-Side, Main Stage:
Ripping Headaches
Nothingface
Forlorn
Voivod
Astronomy Domine

Mixed by Marcel van de Vondervoort at Torture Graden Studios in Oss (NL)and mastered by James Plotkin, Voivod Live at Roadburn 2011 will be available as a vinyl-only release (limited to 500 copies) on Thursday, April 12.

What better way to launch this year’s Voivod-curated Roadburn Festival than to release the band’s highly acclaimed 2011 performances on our own label!

Roadburn site link

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 13, 2012 14:26     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool, will buy this

Fuck I have no record player.... What now? Hang it on my wall???

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 13, 2012 15:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm hoping I get a chance to order this online, since I'm one of the losers who won't be at Roadburn.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 13, 2012 16:38     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, will these be available online? Is this the same Plotkin from OLD???
dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted March 13, 2012 17:49     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, so this is a serious question. would someone be willing to buy and send me a copy of this who is going to the festival? i will pay in advance (although we dont know the price yet). i'm sure alot of people will snatch it up to sell it on e-bay which really is sad for the real fans. i would really appreciate whoever could help me out!
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted March 13, 2012 20:11     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Of course it's *that* Plotkin, he's made a career of riding Piggy's coattails to one of his own. Lo Flux Tube is an all-time fave for me.

As for the Voivod LP, I am at least somewhat skeptical at the prospect of this remaining LP-only, and 500 only. What are the chances of that actually happening? Slim to none? Yep.

I am *not* a fan of illicit filesharing, but as much as I'd like to hear this album, I'm afraid I won't have the scratch to make it happen in a timely fashion i.e. I'll be forced to wait for a legit reissue.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted March 14, 2012 05:04     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aw come on, don't be hatin' on Roadburners. There will easily be 500 "real" fans at this year's festival. With or without turntables.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 14, 2012 16:37     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think anyone was hatin', just that there are a lot of us Voivodfans who are plenty hardcore who won't have the opportunity to make it to Roadburn.

The album looks amazing! I'd love a chance to be able to purchase a copy online. Guess we'll see. Otherwise, might have to beg some of our friends who are going, haha.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 14, 2012 17:21     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What are the chances of someone purchasing a vinyl album when they get to Roadburn and it ACTUALLY surviving the weekend of lunacy and thrashing without getting completely destroyed?

Just saying!!! A big 12 inch album being held onto while the metal's blasting and the beer's are flowing... just sounds like an impossibility to make it out in anything better than poor condition.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 14, 2012 22:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, like everyone else I would also love to have a copy of that. Oh well, let's wait for a reissue...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 15, 2012 02:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
What are the chances of someone purchasing a vinyl album when they get to Roadburn and it ACTUALLY surviving the weekend of lunacy and thrashing without getting completely destroyed?

Just saying!!! A big 12 inch album being held onto while the metal's blasting and the beer's are flowing... just sounds like an impossibility to make it out in anything better than poor condition.

Usually I would bring those items back to my car, if it isn't parked too far from the venue of course.

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 15, 2012 03:53     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
Usually I would bring those items back to my car, if it isn't parked too far from the venue of course.

Yup, that is what I do. The Vrooms and I are parking next to the venue, so there is some safe space in our booth.

That's how I got the signed book from Tom G Fisher safe home

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted March 15, 2012 03:59     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

Actually, half of the coatcheck area in the basement of the 013 venue is set up for merchandise only. Bags are provided.

Remember the scene in Coma when the room with row after row of bodies is revealed for the first time? It's like that, but with vinyl & tshirts & posters

I'm not trying to get all Foghorn Leghorn here, honest. It's part of the festival's philosophy: for music lovers, by music lovers. I wish you could all be there!

It's tricky with these limited edition types of merch. You want to do something fun, full stop. Maybe someone wil snap up several copies just to turn around and re-sell them, be an unscrupulous capitalist bastard. But maybe someone will snap up several copies to share with absent friends -- how do you tell them apart? A notarized letter of request from the absent friends in question? Waterboarding? Voivod trivia quiz?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan