my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » KILLING TECHNOLOGY was released on this date in 1987

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KILLING TECHNOLOGY was released on this date in 1987
Ron McGregor
VoivodFan
Member # 1080

posted February 28, 2012 08:15     Profile for Ron McGregor   Email Ron McGregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On this date, in 1987, Killing Technology from the legendary VOIVOD, was released. Here's one the tracks on this great album. That you own, right? This is not the original videoclip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYm2hwfYDlM

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 28, 2012 08:45     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy 25th KT! Birthday beers for Korgul tonight.
dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 28, 2012 09:06     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Happy 25th KT! Birthday beers for Korgul tonight.

i second that!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 28, 2012 16:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... and the world of music has never been the same since. Happy 25 killing Technology.

--------------------

yawn

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted February 29, 2012 10:32     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm old :-(
Such a great record, it has everything, and the blower bass sounds awesome!
One of the best songs on the album... well, they're ALL great songs, but I really like this one, specially lyricwise!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb-ZfmuaChU

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 29, 2012 14:35     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gerfat:
I'm old :-(
Such a great record, it has everything, and the blower bass sounds awesome!
One of the best songs on the album... well, they're ALL great songs, but I really like this one, specially lyricwise!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb-ZfmuaChU

Hell yes! Such a great record all around. Amazing how relevant this album is today, both lyrically and musically. This is a landmark record, without a doubt!

BTW - Skulhed's YouTube page just might be the absolute best site on the entire interwebz!
Chaîne de skulhed

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

roman1972
VoivodFan
Member # 1187

posted February 29, 2012 17:39     Profile for roman1972   Email roman1972     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
actually the tripticon consisting of KILLING/DIMENSION/NOTHINGFACE is VOIVOD's opus magnum to me!!! those three records changed my entire view on music in general!
THANK YOU PIGGY!
thank you voivod!
...can't wait for the new record

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted February 29, 2012 19:07     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny, another polarizing album - I saw them first on the RRROOOAAARRR tour. When this album came out after that, we were all slapped sideways, it was such a quantum leap in sound and writing (Like Technocracy vs Blind, haha!) but I only have one friend who did not like the change - To me, this still had enough of the "bash factor" intact to keep it THRASH to me. Love it.

HAILS!
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 01, 2012 00:30     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this is where i figured out who Voivod were... what a game changer for both music and for my tastes in music! i was just thinking the other day thats its been 25 years since i first started screwing up on the guitar, haha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 01, 2012 04:18     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell Yeah.

Sitting in a Arnhem Hardrock Cafe I first heard a band who had an album out named RRROOOAAARRR.

I remember talking about how "pussy" the Venom Possessed album was comparing to this masterwork. We called it "disco" back then.

This was the moment I got hooked on Voivod's sound. The 3 following albums where in the same league for me.
After that it got only better. AR TOL etc etc... all briljant..........

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted March 01, 2012 15:34     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And a terrific 17th birthday present it was, too.

This calls for a celebration...jumping into the time machine...programming '1987'...setting it to 'birthday cake'...

yeah!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan