my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Studio Updates? (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: Studio Updates?
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted February 06, 2012 12:40     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

walking around the neighborhood today... looking very voivodian...

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 06, 2012 18:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ooooh, what a cool pic.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

roman1972
VoivodFan
Member # 1187

posted February 06, 2012 18:56     Profile for roman1972   Email roman1972     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AWAY just finished recording drums!!!!
BLACKY is next......HELLYEAH the new VOIVOD seems to shape up pretty well!!!

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 06, 2012 21:10     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roman1972:
AWAY just finished recording drums!!!!
BLACKY is next......HELLYEAH the new VOIVOD seems to shape up pretty well!!!

The very thought makes me electric!

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted February 07, 2012 02:47     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Exciting times for sure

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 07, 2012 04:19     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I might sound like a dumb f**k but is it not better to record the whole with the 4 together?? That way you would get a good "live vibe"....

Nirvana - Bleach comes to mind.....

On the other hand... Live performances are not studio performances...

Well it was just a thought

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 07, 2012 18:50     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
I might sound like a dumb f**k but is it not better to record the whole with the 4 together?? That way you would get a good "live vibe"....

Nirvana - Bleach comes to mind.....

On the other hand... Live performances are not studio performances...

Well it was just a thought

I've been part of both. Usually, a band will roll through the songs "live" until the have good drums tracks, using the bass, guitar, and vocals as "scratch" tracks. Then one ny one, you re-track bass and so on.

You do get good live energy recording all tracks live with only minor overdubs on the other instruments here and there when the band is more of a live performance sounding band, like Nirvana. Voivod's later sound is more developed and precise. I'm sure their live studio tracking still sounds amazing though.

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted February 11, 2012 04:57     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Update from Away on the other board:

quote:
Originally posted by Away 0n 06-02-2012:
Just finished recording the drum tracks, Blacky is next!

quote:
Originally posted by Away 0n 10-02-2012:
It's Chewy's turn now...Snake is next!
It's shaping up real well.

It's getting shape boyz and girlz

--------------------

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted February 13, 2012 09:03     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
About the "other" board, my old account is no longer valid and when trying to create a new one, I can't. Anyone else has this problem? Tried to contact the board administrator, but to no avail...

I just want to get Away's updates, that's it!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 13, 2012 19:38     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another route you can take is to 'like' them on Facebook........
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 13, 2012 21:48     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't "like" Facebook any longer.
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted February 14, 2012 11:41     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Another route you can take is to 'like' them on Facebook........

I already "like" them on FB, but don't give any feedback except for some random pics here and there...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 14, 2012 18:00     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Weird...I always get studio reports...maybe its info from Dan. Are you friends with him?
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted February 15, 2012 11:50     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some news from Away on the other board

quote:
Originally posted by Away:
Snake is tracking his last song!
Just a couple of experimental things to do and we're done tracking.
It's been a fantastic experience and hopefully we'll come back here every year or so...

--------------------

roman1972
VoivodFan
Member # 1187

posted February 15, 2012 11:55     Profile for roman1972   Email roman1972     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish BLACKY would visit VOIVODFAN again and share some sneak-peek at the new record!!!
BLACKY BLACKY BLACKY BLACKY BLACKY!!!!!!!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 16, 2012 04:06     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"...experimental things to do"!! Now THAT sounds awesome! Isn't it about time we had another video update?
B.U.C.O.
VoivodFan
Member # 1299

posted February 16, 2012 05:41     Profile for B.U.C.O.   Email B.U.C.O.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The pics posted on their facebook yesterday are marked ''last day in studio''... Now I really can't wait!

--------------------

Flicker, flicker, flicker, flap, POW!

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 16, 2012 11:35     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my fb has always been fucked up in regards to voivod. nothing of theirs would ever show up in my feed, so every few days i'd have to check and see if anything happened. glad you guys mentioned that "last day at the studio" pix!
jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted February 16, 2012 23:27     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The more I listen to the preprod, the more I think you're in for a surprise : )

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 17, 2012 05:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jf:

That is not a fair quote. A bad, disco-related album is also a surprise. Cold Lake was also a surprise....

But the fact that you listen to it more than often makes me think the surprise is a good one.....

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted February 17, 2012 05:51     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jf:

Teaser.. teaser.. teaser !!

--------------------

roman1972
VoivodFan
Member # 1187

posted February 17, 2012 08:07     Profile for roman1972   Email roman1972     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
they just finished tracking the album!
so mixing the album will be up next!
this is SUPER-HYPER-EXCITING!!!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 17, 2012 18:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... so it should be out in week, right?

i can dream, can't i?

--------------------

yawn

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 17, 2012 18:50     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GREAT !!!
This is by far the most anticipated album for me this year.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 17, 2012 19:00     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Translation please:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m6NfbdFf1JQ

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan