my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod in the mainstream UK press.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod in the mainstream UK press.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 13, 2012 06:24     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Decent article from a very unexpected place. The comments section makes for a good read too:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jan/12/voivod-to-the-death-demo-metal?fb=optOut

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 13, 2012 07:19     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha kool

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 13, 2012 18:14     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, like this great comment:

"Heh. Typical attention seeking headline. How exactly have they changed heavy metal? Mediocre band from the rough Canadian neighbourhoods.

Cut this pandering and do an article on British Prog, that seems more appropriate and probably would be more insightful."

He wants yet another article on fucking British prog???? Holy hell...........

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted January 14, 2012 02:57     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those comments are often the funny part of articles lik these

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted January 14, 2012 03:55     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"moruss" wrote:

"I had this bizarre incident when I visited East Germany in 1987. I met this metal fan in Erfurt who was a massive Voivod fan and actually wrote in the font that Voivod used on their records. He spent half a month's salary in Prague buying the last record."

And that was bizarre...in what way?

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted January 14, 2012 11:16     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i try to not read user comments for anything because its usually stupid and makes me annoyed. this article proves to be no different! buncha idiots all over.
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted January 15, 2012 00:15     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's a little bit like fact in life, everybody has his own perspective on the subject but no one gets it, I speak for myself of course, but when we started the band, I really wanted to do something that no one had done, at least to a musical level. And we still do. It's like when you write music you have to not take in account the outside, it has to come from the inside of you, what you feel, but by doing so there is a lots of disappointment. No big of a deal. No secret code here!!!! LOL

I like the article, although it's fantastic

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan