my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Chuck Tribute

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chuck Tribute
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 13, 2011 07:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hard to believe its been ten years....Here's a nice tribute to him on NPR(of all places...?):

SHULDINER

|  IP: Logged
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted December 13, 2011 10:03     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Leprosy" is such a masterpiece for me, I know that record by heart!!! All Death discography is great, but none can reach "Leprosy" IMHO!

RIP ChuckChuck Tribute

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 13, 2011 15:45     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell, yeah.

Live in LA is a DVD I just bought, finally. The Eindhoven live DVD is also briljant. I have all his stuff from Human to ITP to ...

I remember hearing ITP for the first time. It was in Turkey on a sailingboat-trip back ik '95 i guess. I bought the cassette on a turkish market for let's say $4,- and decided to give it a shot. On board the had a cassette-deck with only one cassette what happend to have Rod steward (i am sailing... duh...) on it.

So every time Rod was cranked out, Chuck was cranked out next...

Oh, some sweet memories...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 13, 2011 18:29     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like a hell of a boatride Paul....would've been nice. One thing I've noticed about the later albums especially Perservance....the songs are soooo long. Is this just me? And I love that album I just would have cut some of those tunes way down in length.

Great link Gerfat....I've always wondered what 'personal problems' he was having that led him to not take part in those tours. Anybody have a clue?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan