my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » favorite albums of 2011? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: favorite albums of 2011?
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 22, 2011 15:33     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It sickens me how little I am able to keep up with new shite; though, if I were able to spend my pay on new schtuffs my list would probably look like Angel Rat's.

So there you go.

HAPPY 2012!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted December 24, 2011 17:19     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Beastwars by Beastwars

Cool name, cool album art, beastly sounds. Made in New Zealand.

As a shameless plug for them here's a link to their bandcamp page. Pay-what-you-want for today only (that's xmas day here in NZ - xmas eve most other lands).

Go on... check it out.
http://beastwars.bandcamp.com/

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted December 25, 2011 03:11     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It only came out this past week, but:

The Hounds Of Hasselvander - "The Ninth Hour" LP/CD

Planet-crushing doom! THIS is what that last "Pentagram" album SHOULD have sounded like.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 25, 2011 22:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would definitely add Puscifer - Conditions of My parole & EOLB - Eklectric to my favs of 2011. Played both of these many times for massive amounts of enjoyment.

--------------------

yawn

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 04, 2012 03:47     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers for the EOLB mentions - much appreciated, especially around folk with such killer taste! Here's what's tweaked my nipples this year:

Yob - Atma
Amebix - Sonic Mass
Tom Waits - Bad As Me
Zippo - Maktub
Voivod - Warriors of Ice (No1 by a loooong way!)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 05, 2012 17:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also a late addition of The Winchester Club - Negative Liberty which really blew me away and might have been one of my most spun instrumental (ok, there's some talking and weird narrative stuff happening in there, but not really lyrics) releases last year. Very cool album. I was happy yesterday when I tracked down their Britannia Triumphant cds from a seller on Amazon for a fair price of around $26. The download just wouldn't suffice.

One of the drawbacks about buying so many cds each year is I forget what I've purchased that was released during the year when coming up with my end of year list, until something happens that reminds me "Oh yeah, I've got that".

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 05, 2012 21:19     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought only one album in 2011.

Voivod - To The Death!

I did however, develop an strong affinity for a few albums I shamefully glossed over years ago...

Motorhead - Ace Of Spades
Motorhead - Another Perfect Day
Motorhead - Inferno

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 05, 2012 21:22     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
won't have a definite list until january, but here's a rough draft for my top 20 records (so far):

Blacktusk - Set the Dial

Interesting, we played with Black Tusk and Fu Manchu last year.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 06, 2012 05:40     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
Interesting, we played with Black Tusk and Fu Manchu last year.

have yet to see them play, altho they were all standing right next to me last time i saw Kylesa and Baroness play in Savannah. they are kind of hard to miss...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan