my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Studio Video

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Studio Video
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 09, 2011 18:00     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seems like now its almost mandatory that bands tape a studio video recording a new album. I've thought about this in relation to the new VV album but can't decide whether I'd want to see this or not. On the one hand I think it'd be really cool to see the guys putting this together in their 'laboratory' but on the other I kind of like the mystery surrounding the creation of these new sounds. So half of me wouldn't want to know how its done. Does that make sense? Its a tough one so I don't know. What say the rest of you?
 |  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 09, 2011 21:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to see it as a bonus dvd with the cd, but not watch it as it a video online while the process is happening, because it would ruin the element of surprise in hearing the entire album in one sitting fresh for the initial listen... so yes, I totally agree with ya.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 09, 2011 23:28     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a good compromise there Dave. Works for me.
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted October 10, 2011 08:50     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd much rather wait until it's released 20 years from now as part of the "Classic Albums" documentary series!
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted October 10, 2011 18:49     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
studio videos are cool but I prefer when they throw us a bone like a full song or a rough mix...

We already have one song and it's sounding excellent.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 11, 2011 17:21     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've heard lots of pre-release tunes online and I'm usually disappointed (usually because of the shitty quality) and have actually held off buying cds because I didn't like what I heard, only to find out later, when I do finally "take a chance" and buy the cd, it ends up being amazing. Lately I've tried holding out and not listening to too much by bands I really like until I buy the cd. That way my first listen is uncompromising and hopefully mindblowing.

On the other hand, being able to hear Queensryche songs from their latest piece of shit made me realize there's NO FUCKING WAY I'm wasting my money on it... a bad song is a bad song no matter how the quality is.

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 11, 2011 17:43     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
On the other hand, being able to hear Queensryche songs from their latest piece of shit made me realize there's NO FUCKING WAY I'm wasting my money on it... a bad song is a bad song no matter how the quality is.

Haha, at least you know that's not going to happen with this record.

I'd love to see a "making of" kind of video, but would rather see it after the album is out and as a well-made mini-doc on a DVD (or whatever) rather than some thrown-together web report beforehand.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted October 11, 2011 18:38     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
since we already have Kaleidos I wouldn't mind seeing that thrown out there in the rough.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan