my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD's 1984 Demo To Be Released On CD, Vinyl

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD's 1984 Demo To Be Released On CD, Vinyl
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 20, 2011 12:41     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe I already have this under the name of "Anachronism" ??

Canadian metal innovators VOIVOD will release their original demo tape from 1984.

Entitled "To the Death 84", the set will include material that was recorded in the band's Quebec jam space in January 1984. The lineup for this record includes Snake (Denis Bélanger) on vocals, Piggy (Denis D'Amour) on guitar, Blacky (Jean-Yves Thériault) on bass and Away (Michel Langevin) on drums.

In addition to material that would later appear on the band's "War And Pain" debut, this collection includes several other early VOIVOD offerings, as well as covers of MERCYFUL FATE and VENOM.

"To The Death 1984" will be released on November 22 as a CD or double LP via Alternative Tentacles.

The track listing is as follows:

01. Voivod
02. Condemned To The Gallows
03. Hell Driver
04. Live For Violence
05. War And Pain
06. Incantation
07. Buried Alive / Suck Your Bone
08. Blower
09. Slaughter In A Grave
10. Nuclear War
11. Black City
12. Iron Gang
13. Evil
14. Bursting Out
15. Warriors Of Ice

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 20, 2011 21:47     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
I believe I already have this under the name of "Anachronism" ??

Nope, Anachronism was the first Voivod show, this is their 1984 "studio" demo. But fuck yeah! I will buy this up the minute it comes out.

Anybody know a place to find that Anachronism CD release anymore? Was that even legit? Would love a real CD of that too. Come to think of it, would be sweet to see Alternative Tentacles release all the Iron Gang demos. I'd poop myself.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted September 20, 2011 22:05     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is official I suppose??? If it is, will buy it in a second... hope the packaging is cool too, 'cause the cover that's on the news is really shitty!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 20, 2011 22:43     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gerfat:
This is official I suppose??? If it is, will buy it in a second... hope the packaging is cool too, 'cause the cover that's on the news is really shitty!!!

Sounds like it. Alternative Tentacles is Jello Biafra's label and pretty sure he's friends with the guys in the band.

Agreed on the cover. Why not just keep the plain white demo cover, like the old tape? That'd be cool. I'm not complaining though, this will be awesome to have!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted September 21, 2011 10:03     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Agreed on the cover. Why not just keep the plain white demo cover, like the old tape? That'd be cool. I'm not complaining though, this will be awesome to have!

The red one doesn't even have the Away typography! Anyway, any Irong Gang re-release is really really welcome, hehehe...

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 21, 2011 20:27     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Double lp! Now that sounds nice.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted September 22, 2011 16:17     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cant wait...still have this as a cassette from the tape trading days.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 23, 2011 07:22     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool - I have a bootleg (I think) vinyl of this from years ago. Has the art for Pre-Ignition from Nothingface on the cover. Released on SP Records. Be nice to have an official version.
dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted September 23, 2011 21:54     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
really excited about this, although it ruined my next voivod tattoo because everyone will now be seeing the little awesome korgull head all over the place. im so selfish, i know! :P

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan