my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Almost afraid to even bring this up... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Almost afraid to even bring this up...
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 18, 2011 14:14     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heard the newly released sample of the forthcoming Lou Reed/Metallica colaboration. Hmmm.... Uh. Wow.

Metallica & Lou Reed (LULU) "The View" Preview

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 18, 2011 15:20     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hooray. This will be the album of the year. No, the album of the decade. Album of the century.

Heeeey.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 18, 2011 17:54     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why did I even bother listening to this...At least you gotta give 'em 'Tallica dudes some credit for redefining 'rock bottom'.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 19, 2011 11:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GOD AWFUL!!!!

I do appreciate Metallica trying new ideas and mixing things up... it's just that I've never really like them any time they've tried doing it (i do enjoy the S&M album, which put a cool twist to their song and No Leaf Clover is great). This Lou Reed project another fuckin' train wreck and a waste of time. I seriously would have rather seen them do a new album or at least a Garage days Re-Re-Revisited.

No wonder why Lars lost his hair!!!

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted September 19, 2011 14:49     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
never heard of em...
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 19, 2011 20:36     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You think that's bad. Check this:

FAYGO&JACK

Oh yeah, and they're playing Roadburn next year.

Get ready bitches:
FAYGO&JACKCOMINGATYA

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted September 20, 2011 01:56     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why do you guys still make a fuss about Crapallica? Since they tried new things they suck imo, they just should stayed Metallica.

Tweaking and evolution is good, but only if you know what you're doing...

Ps: Mezz..., good to see you beeing so open about your Clown fetish

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 20, 2011 11:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
Ps: Mezz..., good to see you beeing so open about your Clown fetish

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 20, 2011 17:15     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
first thing this made me think of as i was listening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxrd_jZJxkg

hahaha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted September 22, 2011 16:46     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought this was a joke. Like someone took a riff and added some Lou reed talking over it. Then some posted it on FB excited about it.

OK I never liked Lou Reed or the Velvet Underground. The only song I remember was Romeo and Juliet which I thought was ok.

What a disgrace. This is going to win traffic accident record of the year. Actually wouldn't surprise me if the critics blow a load in their shorts saying how great this is.

FAIL

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 22, 2011 20:34     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like some of Lou Reed's older records like 'Transformer', 'Berlin' and 'Rock And Roll Animal' and the VU stuff though I haven't followed his career for the last couple of years and I won't get into this either.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 23, 2011 06:06     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
34 votes for not ok and 4 votes for ok.

This is gonna suck so hard unimaginable.

Well artists do whatever they want to do right? Back to my Motorhead catalogue...

Not my cuppatea

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted September 24, 2011 13:19     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'm almost afraid to bring THIS up...

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 25, 2011 07:57     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slow Metallica standard riffing, and with even slower drumming from a guy that never saw a ride cymbal in his life.

Lou must be on drugs...

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted September 26, 2011 06:22     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was it their lawyers or a certain Chilean thrasher who tried to keep this from going public? Granted, it is much too radical, much too heavy, much too artistically advanced for any of us to handle...but still it must be heard to be believed! Behold:

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 26, 2011 16:33     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, for all of you sadomasochists out there, here's the whole fucking song...SUFFER:

greatest song in the world

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 26, 2011 16:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this is SO PAINFUL to listen to. If this was some unknown band doing this exact thing and sounding exactly like this, NO FUCKING label would ever consider putting this out; but because it's Metallica they know it will sell enough to cover the investment and make money... it won't be my money, that's for damn sure.

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted September 27, 2011 01:46     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol?
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 27, 2011 02:53     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Face it, you're all secretly liking this very much. If this was Tom G.W.'s project, you'd be calling this "revolutionary", "so original it makes Diamanda Galas sound like N'Sync" or "OMGOMGcoooool!!!1111".

I actively despise you. I am the table and the view!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 27, 2011 08:40     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
If this was Tom G.W.'s project, you'd be calling this "revolutionary",

yeah just like Co-La

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 27, 2011 14:02     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'Cold Lake' is tha bestest metul album evah.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted September 27, 2011 14:55     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No matter how you twist this, there is no artistic value to this at all. Just annoying and pointless...
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 27, 2011 15:18     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It does perfectly illustrate the effect of 20+ years of insulated living on the creative process.

I am sure this idea sounded great over wine and hors d'oeuvres at the art gallery, but going from this tune, sounds like it didn't translate into reality all that well.

Pretty bad, musically. Not even weird or funny, just lame. At least St. Anger was a full-on trainwreck... I can find enjoyment in that from time to time.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 27, 2011 20:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CLIFF would have NEVER let this happen!!!

Hell, Newsted would have had no say it in it happening, but he probably wouldn't have taken part in it!!!

--------------------

yawn

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted September 27, 2011 23:03     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To me it sounds like a really decent anthem for failblog.org. WHAT A HUNK OF JUNK!

BTW: Leslie, I cannot see the pics you posted... And lawyers weren't involved (hackers, on the other hand...)

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan