my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Six years ago today...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Six years ago today...
Ron McGregor
VoivodFan
Member # 1080

posted August 26, 2011 08:14     Profile for Ron McGregor   Email Ron McGregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Six years ago, today, Piggy left our world.
 |  IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 26, 2011 09:51     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my world just hasn't been the same...
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 26, 2011 10:10     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, i cried my eyes out.

You will not be forgotten, RIP

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 26, 2011 10:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And six years on, Voivod carries on in atypical fashion which suits me just fine.

Cheers PIGGY! Let's crank some Voivod in your honour.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 26, 2011 10:35     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To honor Piggy I will spin some Voivod tonight and enjoy it with a nice cold beer

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted August 26, 2011 11:29     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod is already sounding at my office (macrosolutions... Right now). Co-workers are clueless. I fail to give a damn.
Cheers my fellow Voivodians, Cheers for Piggy!!!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted August 26, 2011 14:39     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RIP Piggy. So much great music left behind. Also great that Voivod carries on with the other guys + Dan keeping it all alive and now looking like it will taken to new places.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 26, 2011 15:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gone but never forgotten. Piggy left us with so much to keep him alive and remembered.

--------------------

yawn

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 26, 2011 18:18     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he lives on in our hearts and ears! Been listening to DH for a few days now so i think it's time to put on KT and give that a whirl for the wknd.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 26, 2011 19:08     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He will never be forgotten.

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 26, 2011 19:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
And six years on, Voivod carries on in atypical fashion which suits me just fine.

Cheers PIGGY! Let's crank some Voivod in your honour.

Seconded! Piggy will never be forgotten!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 26, 2011 20:51     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
6 years already. Who would ever have expected Voivod to be still touring today. The genius is gone but his art is timeless.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

roman1972
VoivodFan
Member # 1187

posted August 27, 2011 09:51     Profile for roman1972   Email roman1972     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PIGGY PIGGY PIGGY PIGGY PIGGY...............
dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted August 27, 2011 11:35     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Co-workers are clueless. I fail to give a damn.

[/QB]

*giant thumbs up to this!*

i put on a voivod shirt yesterday and headed out for the work day where massive amounts of Vod were cranked in his honor. thank you for everything, piggy!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 27, 2011 14:01     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dotrot_thrash:
*giant thumbs up to this!*

i put on a voivod shirt yesterday and headed out for the work day where massive amounts of Vod were cranked in his honor. thank you for everything, piggy!

Put on Voivod shirts every day!!
I wore my Outer limits tour shirt 93 today..
Although i am a little grown over the years...

--------------------

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted August 27, 2011 22:55     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehe, its not as if i dont rotate through the ones i have - but i made a special point of making sure there was a clean one. only tide fresh for piggy
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 28, 2011 06:31     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:
Co-workers are clueless.

Yeah. I guess everybody around me is clueless about this music. Lots of metal heads that I know but Voivod is a step too many for all of them. I sincerely know not a single person who has just one Voivod cd or lp.

I think people tense to get a little bored when I bring my favorite subject again...

--------------------

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted August 29, 2011 10:36     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I couldn't believe it's 6 years already!!! Piggy will never leave us!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 29, 2011 18:39     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seems just like yesterday........time moves so fast.
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted August 29, 2011 22:24     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't believe it either...the years go by so fast, and they go by even faster the older that you get. Piggy died way too young, and I miss him too.

By the way, so as not to hijack this thread, I'm going to post another one entitled "A message about your health" that I'd really appreciate you taking the time to read, especially if you're 40 or over.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan