my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » END OF LEVEL BOSS: 'Thee Absurd' Video Released

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: END OF LEVEL BOSS: 'Thee Absurd' Video Released
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 08, 2011 17:02     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
END OF LEVEL BOSS: 'Thee Absurd' Video Released - Aug. 8, 2011
Britain's purveyors of eccentric rock and roll END OF LEVEL BOSS have just released a raging new video for "Thee Absurd", the fourth song from the outfit's newly-released third album, "Elkectric".

Instead of utilizing a well-known major rock video producer to capture their vision on film, the band went full-on D.I.Y. and filmed it themselves... only themselves.

"The video was actually made by taping our cell phones to the wall of our jam room while we played." states END OF LEVEL BOSS's founding guitarist/vocalist Harry "Heck" Armstrong.

Recently released via Exile On Mainstream Records, the 54-minute "Eklectric" introduces a new rhythm section and sees EOLB's flurry of angular, post-punk angst going head-to-head with a progressive, technical attack,. Somewhere along the lines of "KYUSS meets KING CRIMSON," END OF LEVEL BOSS has branched into new directions, capturing the live energy and punk attitude of the band, with elements of MOTÖRHEAD and VOIVOD smashing their way through the surface.

EOLB

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted August 08, 2011 17:13     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and this too:
http://www.roadburn.com/2011/08/album-of-the-day-end-of-level-boss-eklectric/
http://www.roadburn.com/2011/07/end-of-level-boss-thee-absurd-video-released/

hopefully see you again at Roadburn in 2012, h

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 08, 2011 22:46     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How refreshing it is to listen to a band that sounds like no one else...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 09, 2011 16:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love that tune.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 10, 2011 05:44     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks again for your support in spreading the word, guys. It's extra cool as the whole point is to appeal to VVF's! You people have exquisite taste!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 10, 2011 06:55     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah!!

SPLUNCH

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 10, 2011 20:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Love that video and the song's pretty fuckin' awesome also.

I like the comparison of: KYUSS meets KING CRIMSON with elements of MOTÖRHEAD and VOIVOD smashing their way through the surface.

Mix all that into a blender and you'll definitely get something unique and original... which is what EOLB is.

Great job guys... Again.

--------------------

yawn

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted August 11, 2011 08:29     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got a piece of Royal Mail in me box this week, luverly riffage from Inglan' : )

And thanks for the extra goodies:the poster is up in my shop, pcb traces, what else could have I asked for !

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan