my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Opeth going ProgRock? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Opeth going ProgRock?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 28, 2011 01:56     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dunno if you guys have laid your eyes on this video, but it's really quite beautiful! The nice looking lady doesn't hurt either. Top notch!

The Devil's Orchard >VIDEO<

This record is getting a lot of action from me. Really great piece of work.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 28, 2011 15:31     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Love the riff around the 30 second mark... digging this album more than the last, but his voice has never been a deciding factor for me really. He's a good singer, and a good growler. But kinda king of neither, if you know what I mean. The riffs have always been exceptional though.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 28, 2011 20:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i watched the documentary part of the dvd that came with the special edition. it's fuckin great and funny as hell. actually funnier than a lot of comedy movies I've seen!!! this album definitely needs headphones, or 5.1 to get the full effect. Listening to it while at work just do it justice. I do like what I've been able to take in while laboring away, but need to really sit down and absorb it.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 28, 2011 21:24     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I'm on my second go round and I haven't gotten it yet. There's a lot of twists and turns......I really love 'Folklore'..probably my favorite on the album. Would love to see that behind the scenes you're talking about...Akerfeldt is a funny guy no doubt.
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted September 29, 2011 01:47     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll wait with the first spin for two weeks (like the new Mastodon) and absorbe it with headphones in the plane to Asia. New sound in a total relaxed state of mind is top!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 29, 2011 02:56     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I gave it a listen. I'll stick with Porcupine Tree.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 29, 2011 12:13     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Been listening to Heritage here and there. I don't dislike it but it doesn't WOW me much either. My guess is this will sound killer live. So, glad I get to see this tour next month. I'm liking the drums alot on this one though.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 29, 2011 19:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That video for the Devil's Orchard is AWESOME!!! It's got a cool retro trippy look, which goes perfectly with the vibe of the song. Why the hell wasn't it included on the dvd?

Opeth may have a revolving door of player, but there's no denying that they have some of the best players come through that door. I never thought they'd be able to replace Martin Lopez on the drums because he had such an amazing jazzy metal weird sound that was incredibly unique (at least it was to me); but, I gotta say, Axenrot is fuckin' insane. Watching him in the recording space on the dvd just left my jaw on the floor.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan