my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Testament, Death Angel, Overkill, Anthrax Tour??

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Testament, Death Angel, Overkill, Anthrax Tour??
Mezcalla
VoivodFan
Member # 1295

posted July 14, 2011 12:28     Profile for Mezcalla   Email Mezcalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yes...please let this become a reality! According to Chuck Billy in a new interview:

On TESTAMENT's upcoming tour in support of "The Dark Roots Of Earth":

Chuck: "We plan to tour. It's gonna be October/November. I think it's OK to say, it's gonna be [with] ANTHRAX, DEATH ANGEL and OVERKILL. So that'll be in America. That'll be probably a five- or six-week tour in America. It would be good to have [the new TESTAMENT] record out [to coincide] with that [tour]. But if [it doesn't come out in time], we'll have something out we'll be promoting with that tour."

|  IP: Logged
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 14, 2011 14:19     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let them also come to Europe please. Thrash heaven with those bands!!

Anthrax can stay at home imo, they take away to many precious stage time from the rest

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Mezcalla
VoivodFan
Member # 1295

posted July 14, 2011 15:46     Profile for Mezcalla   Email Mezcalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For a US tour this is almost unheard of...we never get packages this good. I think the last time was Clash of the Titans way back when..unlike you European bastards who get this kind of thing all the time!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 14, 2011 23:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is what these bands should have been doing all along, instead of teaming up with these shitty so-called new breed of thrash bands that all sound the same and have zero originality.
What I loved about all the early thrash & speed metal bands is that they all had their own style, sound and vibe.

I hope I can make it to this show if it does happen.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 15, 2011 02:14     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalla:
For a US tour this is almost unheard of...we never get packages this good. I think the last time was Clash of the Titans way back when..unlike you European bastards who get this kind of thing all the time!

Have you ever heard of 'Ozzfest'? There have been several packages since Clash of the Titans. maybe you should move, obviously Mastodon isn't doing any good for their area. I thought 'Scion' did some justice.

--------------------

Mezcalla
VoivodFan
Member # 1295

posted July 15, 2011 12:55     Profile for Mezcalla   Email Mezcalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ozzfest?? Tell me your kidding......(well aside from one good band) Yeah, Scion was good. MDF....another good one...okay so that's two events. Definitely no comparison to Europe.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 15, 2011 18:18     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
What I loved about all the early thrash & speed metal bands is that they all had their own style, sound and vibe.

Leaders, not followers...please let that tour land on this side of the pond too!!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 15, 2011 21:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mustaine didn't do a bad job with the line ups on GIGANTOUR... but this line up THE BOMB!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 26, 2011 22:26     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalla:
Ozzfest?? Tell me your kidding......(well aside from one good band) Yeah, Scion was good. MDF....another good one...okay so that's two events. Definitely no comparison to Europe.

I guess I was referring to the 1990's Ozzfests, they had cooler bands back then.

MDF, on the other hand, sounds like a no-brainer. Wish I lived a little closer to that. Might make it out there one of these times!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan