my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod interview at exclaim.ca

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod interview at exclaim.ca
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 23, 2011 12:28     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some nice little interview with Mr. Away at Exclaim.ca:

here

I'm really looking forward to the new studio album now!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 23, 2011 15:15     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On blabbermouth....

VOIVOD Drummer Says New Songs Are Reminiscent Of 'Dimension Hatross' Era - June 23, 2011

Greg Pratt of Exclaim.ca recently conducted an interview with drummer Michel "Away" Langevin of Canadian metal innovators VOIVOD. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On the new VOIVOD live album, "Warriors Of Ice", featuring three-fourths of the band's classic lineup — Langevin, bassist Jean-Yves "Blacky" Thériault and vocalist Denis "Snake" Bélanger — along with new guitarist Daniel Mongrain:

"I feel like it's an achievement because there was a point where we weren't sure if there was going to be a new VOIVOD album. It's not a studio album but still something we're very proud of. It's good vintage VOIVOD. . . There was never really a live album with Snake and Blacky since the one before was us as a trio with [ex-bassist/vocalist] Eric Forrest. So, yeah, it's refreshing to have an album with almost the original lineup involved."

On upcoming VOIVOD releases:

"There are no professional [unreleased] recordings in the vaults [with late VOIVOD guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour], but we are re-releasing a few albums in the upcoming months with bonus live material from the '80s."

On VOIVOD's forthcoming studio album, the first without the contributions of Piggy:

"We have four songs completed and about five other ones in progress and it's more in the progressive metal vein, so it's reminiscent of the 'Dimension Hatross' era. We hope to record in the fall and have a new album out in the spring of 2012, so before the end of the world."

On saying goodbye to Piggy in the form of the new live album:

"Of course it's mainly on the road when we play songs that we feel Piggy's presence hovering above us. The goal of the live album was to pay tribute to him in the first place. He will always be there with us."

Read the entire article at Exclaim.ca.

Video footage of VOIVOD performing a new song, "Kaleidos", on April 15, 2011 at Roadburn festival in Tilburg, Holland can be viewed below.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 23, 2011 15:24     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I thought it over.

I will buy the whole lot. Even if I already have it on vinyl, music cassette or whatever

--------------------

kwolf68
VoivodFan
Member # 1336

posted August 05, 2011 15:06     Profile for kwolf68   Email kwolf68     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh my...the new disc will be like Dimension Hatross?

I weep madly out of pure cautiously optimistic joy. I'll believe this when I hear it. The first Voivod CD with no contributions from the maestro himself, Piggy?

Dimension Hatross is pure, wind free bubbling genius that really doesn't come around very often and can't be replicated.

That said, just the mere mention of the new album even honing an inkling of similarity to Dimension Hatross has me on edge waiting for the new CD...An album in the D Hatross vein? One thing about Voivod, you can't say they don't shoot for the moon.

I can't wait to hear this one.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 05, 2011 15:59     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll second that..

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan