my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » TOL Live

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TOL Live
Mezcalla
VoivodFan
Member # 1295

posted June 08, 2011 11:06     Profile for Mezcalla   Email Mezcalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Listening to the Outer Limits this morning and the thought occurred to me that the band has not played any of these live yet. Or have they? IMO these are some of Piggy's most brilliant compositions...and it would be truly a shame never to hear this band rip through 'Time Warp' or 'Lost Machine' ever again............Can you imagine the blower bass on these songs.....wow.
 |  IP: Logged
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 08, 2011 12:54     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always dream of the same ... Jack Luminous or the AWESOME and underrated TIME WARP w/the Blower Bass would make my head explode.

When the mighty VV was doing soundcheck here in Chile, Dan started playing the main Riff of Jack Luminous ... talk about tease ... I almost crapped my pants

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 08, 2011 16:17     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The meanie!!!!!!!!

--------------------

String em up

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 08, 2011 21:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:
I always dream of the same ... Jack Luminous or the AWESOME and underrated TIME WARP w/the Blower Bass would make my head explode.

When the mighty VV was doing soundcheck here in Chile, Dan started playing the main Riff of Jack Luminous ... talk about tease ... I almost crapped my pants

Which 'main riff'?? There's like 15 of them in that song................Yeah, I remember you saying that before. Man, that would be something to hear....Perhaps we'll get the chance on the US tour next year..... Please kind sirs!!! I wouldn't care if the song took half the set...it would be worth it. (Time Warp would be cool as hell too!)

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 09, 2011 01:59     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was hoping for Jack Luminous at Roadburn, but Away's explanation about why not is understandable.

Still would be awesome to hear it live

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted June 09, 2011 11:02     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think they played Jack live ever, did they? I did get to see that tour once in CT shortly before they went back out w Fight, fucking excellent show... Hadn't seen them since Hatross before that, a quantum leap or four had occurred in the meantime.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 09, 2011 14:04     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is what Away said about it on the other board topic ->

quote:
We never played it live but we were discussing it at the last rehearsal. The song is so long it would keep us from playing 3 other songs!

http://voivod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3636

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 09, 2011 14:07     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They just need to play a longer set then dammit!!

--------------------

String em up

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 09, 2011 15:05     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Which 'main riff'?? There's like 15 of them in that song................Yeah, I remember you saying that before. Man, that would be something to hear....Perhaps we'll get the chance on the US tour next year..... Please kind sirs!!! I wouldn't care if the song took half the set...it would be worth it. (Time Warp would be cool as hell too!)

huh-huh ... my bad, plenty of main riffs there as you said ... well, I was refering to the first verse riff ... "Listen, listen to me can you hear me..." ... that one.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 09, 2011 19:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd rather hear Jack Luminous (or any song from TOL) than Astronomy Domine. I doubt the fans would feel cheated if they had to drop a couple songs in order to fit Jack Luminous into the set... what a fucking epic piece. and I agree... the Blower Bass added to any Voicod song that didn't originally have it... a huge PLUS.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan