my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD: ROADBURN Performance Available For Streaming

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD: ROADBURN Performance Available For Streaming
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 07, 2011 12:00     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blabbermouth

Roadburn (Audio Only)

|  IP: Logged
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted June 08, 2011 00:28     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
from roadburn website
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 08, 2011 02:25     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for sharing!

Those were two great performances of the Warriors of Ice!!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted June 08, 2011 04:32     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah!!!

It's so fun to re-live this great evening!

Snake sounds positively feral during 'Ripping Headaches' when he lets loose with, "Doooo youuuu lllllliiike iiiit?!"

'Forlorn' -- when the 013 opened, I didn't like it. The place seemed utterly sterile and hulking, like this big ugly, cold, and impersonal concrete box. In the meantime, I have grown to appreciate it a lot more. During 'Forlorn,' however, the "big ugly cold" returned, and it was...perfect.

Out of all the possible songs to follow 'Missing Sequences' I probably would not have put 'Nuclear War' in the top five, or even 10, and yet it works brilliantly here.

It is a shame that the drums sound a bit 'takka takka takka' at times, not as deeply ribcage-rattling as they did in person, but...I guess that's why live recordings (as excellent as they may be) will never fully replace the experience of being there.

After hearing 'Panorama' at Roadburn I completely fell in love with 'Angel Rat' and it has been on heavy rotation at Chez Leslie ever since.

It wasn't that I didn't like it when it came out. But I really appreciate it today in a way I didn't at the time.

And I really appreciate Voivod agreeing to let Roadburn share this recording! Especially as they've just released their own live record.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 08, 2011 13:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, this is a good performance for sure. Thanks Blacky for posting the link.
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted June 14, 2011 15:18     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amazing. Damn! Dan has some insane guitar skills. He nailed Piggy's wonderful old solos on The Prow perfectly

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted July 01, 2011 14:46     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Walter with love :-) the audio stream of Voivod live at Roadburn 2011 (Midi Theatre) is now on line: HERE
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 01, 2011 17:54     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lucky bastards, I wish I'd gone to this!

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan