my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Nuclear war on 26 May?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nuclear war on 26 May?
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 24, 2011 05:16     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since many of the people posting here are familiar with the post-nuclear disaster theme, I figured it would be nice to know everyone's favourite films, books, and other pieces of art that deal with the subject.

I'll start with a film that I wasn't aware of until a few weeks ago. At least some of the British people here might remember this little BBC production from 1984:

THREADS

I had some problems understanding the Sheffield dialect at first, but the story left nothing unclear. Easily one of the best post-nuclear/anti-war films I've seen.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted May 25, 2011 13:55     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
<shudder />. You might as well stop right there. There is nothing bleaker or scarier or more disturbing than Threads. Nothing.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 25, 2011 18:46     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have had Threads in my collection some time, check out 'The Day After' basically the same movie but better cinematography for it's time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 25, 2011 22:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought "When The Wind Blows" was a great animated flick about the post nuclear war.

I'll have to find the time to watch Threads. I usually don't enjoy watching movies on my PC but this might be worth the time.

--------------------

yawn

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted May 25, 2011 22:51     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw "When the Wind Blows" too, but it's been several years. Then I got "The Final Frontier" by Iron Maiden, and listened to the final track: "When the Wild Wind Blows"...it's like the animated movie is playing in my head whenever I hear that song.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan