my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » US Tour Idea...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: US Tour Idea...
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 12, 2011 23:48     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seems both Voivod and Soundgarden will be on the road this year. Seems like a logical pairing to me. Anyone?
 |  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 13, 2011 04:12     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Soundgarden opening for Voivod again then?

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted May 13, 2011 10:39     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe they can also get Faith No More to open for them?

I have such fond memories of that show at the Montréal Spectrum... imagine that : Faith No More, Soundgarden opening for Voivod. But of course it was in Montréal, I believe VV was the opener in other cities...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 13, 2011 12:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
Soundgarden opening for Voivod again then?

Hahaha! Yes, exactly. That Soundgarden tour looks cool as hell. Red Rocks in Denver anyone?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

kwolf68
VoivodFan
Member # 1336

posted August 04, 2011 15:26     Profile for kwolf68   Email kwolf68     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't Soundgarden tour with Voivod back in the early 90s?

Personally, the Voivod/Vio-Lence show from back in the day is still making my head ring.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted August 05, 2011 15:35     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw Voivod with Soundgarden and FNM opening for them in Boston in January 1990, so they definitely headlined outside of Canada.

I also saw them with Vio-lence in November 1988.

Front of the stage by Piggy each time.

Now I can be found mowing my lawn on weekends and occasionally falling asleep in front of my TV at 9pm. LIFE!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan