my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Roadburn Experience

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roadburn Experience
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 10, 2011 20:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good article on the festival:
http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2011/05/we-are-the-roadburn-crew/

|  IP: Logged
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 11, 2011 02:41     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice read, but I don't know why he uses the word Metal so often.. I'm very enthusiastic about Roadburn too, but one reason for me is it's different feel comparing to metal festivals.

One of my biggest surprises was "Year of No Light" too, damn what a wall of sound!

Dunno what it is about Godflesh?! I was bored very quickly during their show.

Two pair of ears and eyes give two different memories

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 11, 2011 13:27     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did he call Sunn 0))) a Finnish death metal band?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 11, 2011 13:33     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:

Haha, DBC and I witnessed the first 10 minutes of SUN 0))) before we had to leave and find H for the mighty V.

I had never heard them before so i was very curious when DBC told me about them. He said that if you had to take a shit during the first couple of notes the turd would come out by itself while listening....

When we werewalking outside to go and see Voivod I thought the venue was going to fall apart from the boooooooom, droooooooone I was hearing...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 11, 2011 14:17     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
I had never heard them before so i was very curious when DBC told me about them. He said that if you had to take a shit during the first couple of notes the turd would come out by itself while listening....

Haha! That description is the best I've heard, ever, about a Sunn 0))) show! Saw them in a Seattle club in 2006 with a similar sensation... my joints were aching and even my throat hurt from the thickness of the low frequencies being generated. When you tried to talk, your voice would wobble as the sound waves distorted your speech... pretty unique band.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 12, 2011 02:36     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:

Hehehehe, he did.. I guess he was to long in Amsterdam tasting "candy" before Roadburn

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan