my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod - Zagreb Croatia 2011 (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Voivod - Zagreb Croatia 2011
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 10, 2011 10:19     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was Voivod's first time in Zagreb, Croatia after all these years! I was lucky enough to have seen them in Dallas with Piggy and Jason Newstead on Bass, but had never seen Voivod with Blacky and was thrilled to have finally met in person the guy i recorded a couple of projects with (via the Internet) years ago. Jean-Yves was the nicest guy to talk to and catch up on things. Away remembered me from the Dallas show. My Wife and i met him outside in the windy cold as we were waiting for the doors to open. He seemed to be exploring the neighborhood a bit. Not much to see in that area though. Klub KSET is located right by the Technical College and a dense array of crappy Communist era apartments. Not sure what the deal was, but Voivod were scheduled to play at Močvara Bar, but the gig was moved over to the Student's Bar at KSET. One good thing is it's slightly smaller and the Beer is cheap!

The show was Voivod at they're best. Absolutely incredible! They played the same setlist as in Italy, with the new song sounding really good live. My Wife (who might have the only Voivod Tattoo in Croatia) had such a blast seeing them for the first time. Anyhow, to make a long story short...the gig went off without any problems and we all had a great time after the show as well.

I recorded video of 4 songs i think and have uploaded 'Forlorn' to YouTube. The A/V isn't that great, but actually came out a little better than i expected it to.

Voivod - Forlorn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3KG-Y1AYh4

I will get the other Videos up soon as my crappy Croatian T-Com Bandwidth will let me.

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 10, 2011 10:54     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here are some photos as well. I reduced the image sizes so they won't be too big on here.

Enjoy!

:::
Snake waiting to start the show:

Small Stage, great Band:

Away smiling at me as i take his pic:

Chewy and Blacky with his tongue hanging out:

Dan is having a good ol time:

Blacky, with a crazed look in his eye, is about to attack us:

Blacky attacks the camera with his beautiful, long, flowing hair that smells like flowers:

Back to the Mic, Blacky:

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 10, 2011 11:03     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Continued...

Tearing up the stage:

Dan and Blacky in a rare moment of concentration:

"Yeah...we Rock!!! A shot during the break."

Blacky regaining his composure after almost being molested by the Merchandising guy. lol!:

Blacky then attacks me with his lips:

Away saying "Hello!":

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 10, 2011 11:06     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Chewie's Guitars (slightly chewed on):

Chewie's pedal board (slightly stomped on):

That's all for now. I have a bunch more and may post at another time.

Cheers everyone!

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted May 10, 2011 11:09     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
those are great photos and the descriptions are hilarious! all the ones of blacky are too funny - especially the couch ones! i say it in every thread that has any photos of him, but of course the ones of Away are adorable - thanks for sharing!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 10, 2011 14:30     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here are two Videos i shot.
'Forlorn' was posted above, but i am re-posting it here again.
There are two more Videos i need to upload in the coming days.
Sorry about 'Kaleidos' missing the first 30 seconds. Camera problem.

Voivod - Kaleidos (Missing first 30 seconds) (Zagreb Croatia 8-5-2011) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsLXZ2-OlSM

Voivod - Forlorn (Zagreb Croatia 8-5-2011) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3KG-Y1AYh4

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel while you are at it.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 10, 2011 15:59     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thank you, you must have had a blast!!!

Kaleidos, nice shot!! How do you capture that sound. When I shoot a video the sound is always too crappy

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 10, 2011 16:29     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Killer! Love the pics and your comments. So rad that this tour is taking Voivod all over the damn place. Thanks for the pics and the vids, which I will watch later.

Sweet.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 11, 2011 02:19     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great pics. Thanks for sharing!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted May 11, 2011 09:21     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you for sharing! It seems that they're having a very good time!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Mezcalla
VoivodFan
Member # 1295

posted May 11, 2011 11:08     Profile for Mezcalla   Email Mezcalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great job capturing that show Kula! Video of Forlorn is awesome...Snake kills it!! Blower bass sounds massive..........
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 11, 2011 18:58     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great pics man, thanks! Somebody needs to send Blacky a TURBONOIRO shirt.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 12, 2011 10:31     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Somebody needs to send Blacky a TURBONOIRO shirt.

Haha, excellent!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 12, 2011 20:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great job K. Thanks for sharing.

--------------------

yawn

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted May 13, 2011 21:41     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As I type this, my first time hearing this lineup doing Forlorn... The band totally fucking crushes this. GRATITUDE

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 14, 2011 05:00     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy that everyone likes the pics/vids.

Voivod fans are the best.

Hopefuly at some point i can get the other two videos uploaded. I have 'Nuclear War' and 'Tornado.' which i will be sharing with you bunch of misfits.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 15, 2011 15:30     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Killer! Love the pics and your comments. So rad that this tour is taking Voivod all over the damn place. Thanks for the pics and the vids, which I will watch later.

Sweet.

ALMOST all over the place. Still waiting for a certain São Paulo gig...

Anyway, glad you had a great time, Kula!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted May 16, 2011 09:33     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You should have come to Chile Slaytanic ... we are not that far away. I'd consider making the trip to Sao Paulo if they were playing there and not here.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 16, 2011 10:33     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I seriously considered that option, Igor, but momentary lack of money prevented me from going, which is a shame.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

B.U.C.O.
VoivodFan
Member # 1299

posted May 26, 2011 13:43     Profile for B.U.C.O.   Email B.U.C.O.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This was one of the best gigs ever!
K: I remember you from the concert.

--------------------

Flicker, flicker, flicker, flap, POW!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 26, 2011 15:37     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Klemen:
This was one of the best gigs ever!
K: I remember you from the concert.

You were the guy from Slovenia...in the other VOIVOD "Spider" logo shirt?

B.U.C.O.
VoivodFan
Member # 1299

posted May 26, 2011 15:58     Profile for B.U.C.O.   Email B.U.C.O.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's right! Matching t-shirts haha

--------------------

Flicker, flicker, flicker, flap, POW!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 30, 2011 15:02     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, thanks Kula! Glad you were able to see them in your part of the world; I thought of you when I saw that date in Zagreb. We're still waiting for the US leg and a spot here in Albuquerque.
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted June 01, 2011 07:36     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the colorful report, your pictures & captions are hilarious. I think the best part of all is that your wife finally got to see a band that made such an impression on her long before she ever had the opportunity to go to a gig. Nice!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 01, 2011 16:50     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
Thanks for the colorful report, your pictures & captions are hilarious. I think the best part of all is that your wife finally got to see a band that made such an impression on her long before she ever had the opportunity to go to a gig. Nice!

Yeah, she was really impressed and had a great time. It was a thrill for her to meet everyone in the band. They are such a good bunch. Away was very nice in giving me some advice about my wrist problem, but he declined when i offered to help him tear down his kit when i was checking it out after the show. lol! The road manager sure gave me some funny looks.

Hope Voivod can come back here next year. E-Force will be in Croatia this Saturday. If only i can find a way out to Osijek (west Croatia).

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan