my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Carpooling?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Carpooling?
cosmonaut12
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1297

posted April 29, 2011 09:55     Profile for cosmonaut12   Email cosmonaut12     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys, first post here (though I've lurked on occasion). I'm an American student currently studying in Berlin and was overjoyed when I got the opportunity to see Voivod a few weeks ago. The problem: afterwards I knew I had to see them again. So know I'm trying to find a logistical way to get to either the Prague or Wroclaw shows (maybe both?). If anyone here is planning on driving, or has any tips on finding cheap transport I'm all ears!

Hope this is in the right topic, maybe others can use it to find transport hookups too?

|  IP: Logged
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 29, 2011 10:16     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have you heard of Mitfahrgelegenheit?

It's like couchsurfing -- carsurfing? I remember some German friends in the early 00s using it to travel to gigs around Europe.

How's your German? The website is: http://www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de/

Or maybe just google 'rideshare + Germany' and hopefully you'll make it to another show or two.

This is such a good tour, it's also worth coughing up the euro for a proper bus/train/plane ticket.
Go on, what's another student debt? ;-)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 29, 2011 11:37     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
Have you heard of Mitfahrgelegenheit?

It's like couchsurfing -- carsurfing? I remember some German friends in the early 00s using it to travel to gigs around Europe.
;-)

What a cool idea. Hope you make it.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

cosmonaut12
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1297

posted April 29, 2011 13:36     Profile for cosmonaut12   Email cosmonaut12     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely look into that, sounds great! Probably going to aim for the show in Wroclaw.

My German is decent; my Polish is non-existent. Should be a fun!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan