my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Tour de Force Setlisting

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tour de Force Setlisting
Wanderer
VoivodFan
Member # 1296

posted April 22, 2011 20:19     Profile for Wanderer   Email Wanderer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi, i searched on the forums to check if there was already any info on the latest Voivod setlists, but since i didn't find anything i registered just to answer that. Srry if im spamming uselessly.

So Voivod are coming to Barcelona this next Wednesday, and i have a clue of how their setlists are lately; Voivod, The Unknown Knows, Tribal, Ripping, The Prow are the ones wich are gona be mostly played on every gig.

Have any of you seen them on this tour? I'm really fucking excited and i would enjoy any song on their discography, but i'm just asking outta the excitement D:

|  IP: Logged
Wanderer
VoivodFan
Member # 1296

posted April 22, 2011 20:24     Profile for Wanderer   Email Wanderer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok i have just found in youtube a video of the gig they made on Köln and the gentlemen who posted wrote the setlist. I came:

0. Intro
1. The unknown knows
2. The prow
3. Ripping headaches
4. Ravenous machine
5. Forlorn
6. Tribal convictions
7. Kaleidos (new song!)
8. Brain scan
9. The experiment
10. Missing sequences
11. Global warning
12. Tornado

Bis:
13. Voivod
14. Nothingface
15. Astronomy domine

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 23, 2011 02:14     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Wanderer,

the setlist in Cologne was the same as the one in Berlin.

The sets of Roadburn were almost the same, but because of hearing them two nights after each other I'm not exactly sure about the differences I know they didn't play Kaleidos the second night.

I was at Roadburn and in Cologne and I'm sure you will have a blast. Enjoy!

Here is the setlist from the first Roadburn show in picture.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Wanderer
VoivodFan
Member # 1296

posted April 23, 2011 15:44     Profile for Wanderer   Email Wanderer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck thanks a lot, the setlist you posted is just plain awesome.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 23, 2011 17:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's an AWESOME set list. Something for everybody. Of course there's always going to be songs they don't play, that people would have liked, but this covers their career pretty good.

I personally would rather hear another original Voivod tune instead of Astronomy Domine... especially as the last encore. "Into My Hypercube" would be at the top of my list of songs I'd love to hear & see live.

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 24, 2011 18:15     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I personally would rather hear another original Voivod tune instead of Astronomy Domine... especially as the last encore. "Into My Hypercube" would be at the top of my list of songs I'd love to hear & see live.

I'm with you on that Dave. It really is an amazing setlist... But while I like the cover, I much prefer the original Voivod compositions. How about The Lost Machine!?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted April 24, 2011 20:03     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Forlorn??? Has it occurred in the past where Snake's singing an Eric song?

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted April 24, 2011 20:47     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think so, it's a first.

I keep asking to hear Forgotten in space. We'll hear it at some point, i'll just keep bugging : )

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 24, 2011 22:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
I'm with you on that Dave. It really is an amazing setlist... But while I like the cover, I much prefer the original Voivod compositions. How about The Lost Machine!?

OK, I take back my vote for Into My Hypercube and second the vote for The Lost Machine... it's just EPIC, and to have Blacky's bass on that song... holy fuckin' shit!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Wanderer
VoivodFan
Member # 1296

posted April 25, 2011 20:00     Profile for Wanderer   Email Wanderer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
Forlorn??? Has it occurred in the past where Snake's singing an Eric song?

All the best,
PAULIE

Forgotten in space is maybe my favourite song by them. I mean literally, the first time i heard the tempo change before the solo on that song i got an erection, no joking.

Also, into my hypercube is my favourtie song on nothingface so yeah, tons of songs to be played, anyways i'll enjoy this setlist and any possible variations as i never enjoyed a gig on my life.

Oh, and i'd also love to hear Blacky performing any song from The Outer Limits. That would be sooooo great. I'd enjoy a lot Wrong Way Street while shouting BLACKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and looking like a retard in front of all the other assistants.

Worst thing of it will be carry the booklets of their entire discography without shattering any of them while i'm on frenzy mode. No moshing BTW, i'll be too busy headbanging and singing so it's okay i guess

Thanks to all of u!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted April 26, 2011 01:57     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FORLORN!!! Sweeet!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 26, 2011 09:05     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here in Chile during soundcheck Dan started playing the main riff of "JACK LUMINOUS" ...no shit ... now, THAT would be a dream come true.

I'd kill to witness "The Order of the Black Guards" live ... I've always loved "fahrenheit 451" and that song is the perfect soundtrack.

Cosmic Drama, Macrosolutions to Megaproblems, Chaosmongers, Freedom, Time Warp, Sub-Effect, This is not an Exercise ... pffff .... too much awesomeness for just one playlist.

The new album will surely make things even "worse" ... I mean, 8-10 more awesome songs to choose from .... aarrrgghhhhhhh.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 26, 2011 09:10     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uhh... I forgot. Another favourite from the Mark III era: "Divine Sun" ... add Blacky's bass (because Jason's line is quite interesting actually) and there you have a true gem.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Mezcalla
VoivodFan
Member # 1295

posted April 26, 2011 09:36     Profile for Mezcalla   Email Mezcalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:
Here in Chile during soundcheck Dan started playing the main riff of "JACK LUMINOUS" ...no shit ... now, THAT would be a dream come true.

I'd kill to witness "The Order of the Black Guards" live ... I've always loved "fahrenheit 451" and that song is the perfect soundtrack.

Cosmic Drama, Macrosolutions to Megaproblems, Chaosmongers, Freedom, Time Warp, Sub-Effect, This is not an Exercise ... pffff .... too much awesomeness for just one playlist.

The new album will surely make things even "worse" ... I mean, 8-10 more awesome songs to choose from .... aarrrgghhhhhhh.

I think I would have pissed in my pants if I'd heard that Luminous riff....sir, you are a lucky man. Damn, so cruel of him to tease the audience like this!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 26, 2011 10:54     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am uber-excited as well.

Voivod at Klub Močvara here in Zagreb! May 8th!
http://www.mochvara.hr/program/info/zedno-uho-predstavlja-110508

Is this they're first time in Croatia?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 26, 2011 12:54     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:
Uhh... I forgot. Another favourite from the Mark III era: "Divine Sun" ... add Blacky's bass (because Jason's line is quite interesting actually) and there you have a true gem.

Yesyesyes please. And Jack Luminous. And all the rest of the discography

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Wanderer
VoivodFan
Member # 1296

posted April 29, 2011 08:50     Profile for Wanderer   Email Wanderer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FFFFFF the gig was awesome indeed, but even while i could spend hours talking about it, the best thing was talking with them outside.

We and Blacky smoked some weed, and ended up talking about complete random shit like if he was one of the friends of mine during almost 2 hours.

Awesome. Also Snake was drunk as shit and when i asked him to sign my booklets he signed phobos and negatron too lol. Away looked like the "father" of them all, the most mature and professional acting, but still a very very nice guy. Couldnt speak too much to Dan because a friend of mine is very friend of him and they where the whole time talking, but i got Blacky for hours.

Pfff i want to meet them again.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan