my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod Cologne 19-04-2011

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod Cologne 19-04-2011
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 20, 2011 13:42     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yesterday we went to see and hear Voivod in Cologne. I went there with two gig buddy's of mine and at the venue we met Leslie again. Nice to see we're not the only Voivod nutcases on the world Sorry we had to leave in such a rush after the show Leslie, but we will meet up again at another gig I'm sure!

The band played an awesome set and Forlon and Kaleidos was in it again. The maybe 150 - 200 people big audience enjoyed the show very much and responsed enthausiastic. The band had a great time too, what was easy to see...

Here some pics I made with my phone. Sorry for the crappy quality.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

|  IP: Logged
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 20, 2011 13:45     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some more...

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 20, 2011 13:46     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And more...

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 20, 2011 14:03     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Robert, Again. Great shots taken!!

I assume Voivod was as good as the shows in 013? Same set length??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 21, 2011 01:50     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup, similar set and length. Was like in the old days like a gig. Old industrial area, patched jackets and a great thrash band

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 21, 2011 05:27     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

The Unknown Knooooows

But have no fear, we trust Dan...

He's playing Forlorn & channeling the Phobos cover art at the same time...oooh, spooky...

Well, three photos is a slight improvement from last week's grand total of one.

Great to see you again, Rob, and your friend in the Earth shirt had some great stories to share!

Yes...the Voivod tractor beam is simply too strong, it is impossible to stay home for very long after touching down from Roadburn.
Have bicycle will travel!

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 21, 2011 05:39     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I almost forgot, for more pictures of a similarly sweaty-old-school-German-Voivod-club-show, here is a great set from last Sunday's gig in Berlin: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.216492071711308.68099.186171284743387

The same setlist as in Cologne, fantastic mix!

Oh yes, and towards the end of the Cologne show, Snake pointed out that due to the club curfew they were going to have to hurry up and play the last few songs faster "before you all turn into pumpkins..." and someone in the audience hollered, "MACROSOLUTIONS TO MEGAPROBLEMS!!"

Ever since then I find myself humming "macrosolutions...to..mega...pumpkins..." under my breath...

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 21, 2011 11:38     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod Cologne... I thought this was about a new product that the band was introducing!

Glad you enjoy the show!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 22, 2011 10:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:

Have bicycle will travel!

Indeed! ! !

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 22, 2011 17:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Voivod Cologne... I thought this was about a new product that the band was introducing!

haha...it's the new replacement for that old stand by, Old Spice.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted April 28, 2011 18:43     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are they not getting paid, or did someone forget to feed Dan? The guy's melting away!

I was a very big naysayer about Voivod continuing without Piggy, but with Blacky back in the fold and Dan doing such a fucking superlative job, it's an entirely different ballgame. I *never* would have thought I'd feel that way about it. I've mentioned this before, but seeing these pics really drives it home that much more. Voivod lives, indeed. Hails, thx for the pics / report!

Not making it to MDF, working-class stiff I am. Dammit.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 28, 2011 22:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool pics, thanks for sharing.
I would think the Voivod cologne would either smell like denim & leather, or iron.

--------------------

yawn

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 29, 2011 08:29     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Comets Flying, emanating a gas
intoxicating every form of life"

Maybe that was Voivod Cologne?

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 29, 2011 10:21     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"in the air...smells bad..."

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan