my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD AT ROADBURN: IMPRESSION (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: VOIVOD AT ROADBURN: IMPRESSION
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 17, 2011 07:24     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He hello, I decided to make a new topic because I had so much to add to the info DBC and Roman1972 already placed...

Well, getting a Roadburn ticket in the very end was something that I never expected to happen. The fact that it did happen made me smile from ear to ear all thanks to Leslie. A very nice woman that we had earlier met at Helmond gig!! She is a very nice Voivodfan, we talked some about music and ofcourse Voivod, this during a concert of Incredible Hog.

I have met DBC (ofcourse....) And we drank some beers, not too many I had to drive back the car. He always is there at concerts with his 3 buddys who are very nice too. We did talk a lot and then watch a show together, SUN O))); wat the fuck? Too bad we had to leave for Voivod they were playing in another venue nearby.

There we met Harry Armstrong. A very nice guy and a little crazy... We laughed some and then we went to see Voivod.

Fuck, everytime I see them (this must have been the 12th time or so) they get better and better. This must be because they play so much. I bought 2 t-shirts, on the back of one of them are at least 30 dates...
Well I am very glad they tour around a lot and never get tired of it.....

THe show itself was a pretty regular one with all the'usual songs. But there were some exceptions....
They played a song form Phobos, something they naver had done before. FORLORN !!!!
Also the new song, was a real gift to us. Kaleidos as you might have read in another topic. We met Snake outside the venue, where he was relaxing and learning his lirics!! Haha, athat was fun. On stage he was reading his lirics also...
Great Great song. It makes me want the new album badly. It is going to be the best one in 8 years I am sure!!!

Then the digital backdrop they used. That was breathtaking. Much Away-art and some of it I had never seen before. I took some extra pictures just to show you guys!!

Here are some piccies that I shot. and some vids also. Sorry for the poor sound quality!!

some guys outside the venue...

Nice Backdrop

Harry in the venue!!

Snake reading lirics to the new song Kaleidos

Nice Backdrop

Nice backdrop

Leslie and meself. Thanks again !!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 17, 2011 07:36     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

DBC and I

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 17, 2011 07:40     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Snake reading liris to the new song

The house was pretty packed...

DBC and Harry in love...

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 17, 2011 07:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and some films....

Look at the crowd reaction...

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/voivodian/?action=view¤t=VIDEO0100.mp4

FORLORN !!!!!
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/voivodian/?action=view¤t=VIDEO0084.mp4

THE UNKNOWN KNOWS
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/voivodian/?action=view¤t=VIDEO0065.mp4

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 17, 2011 12:09     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
But there were some exceptions....
They played a song form Phobos, something they naver had done before. FORLORN !!!!

Dear God (and the band),

THANK YOU.

Sincerely,

P

Oh yeah, many thanks to Paul also! What a report!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted April 17, 2011 14:13     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool post and pics Paul. Thanks. Sounds like from yours and the others who were there it was a great time. Forlorn and a new song in the set?! Killer!!! Hope they still have Forlorn + new stuff in the set when they roll aorund to Maryland Deathfest in May.
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 17, 2011 18:51     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Yeah!

Paul, I'm so glad it worked out! It was brilliant meeting you & Robert again, and I also met Harry in the merch room yesterday afternoon.

Great pictures! I only took...ONE...last night in the 013's Main Room, before things got going. Here it is.

It was impossible to detach from the gig long enough to take pictures, I could feel that as soon as the crowd surged Friday night. Last night was a bit less hectic in terms of rabid energy but still definitely not conducive to taking any photo op timeouts!

This was a very special kind of Voivod experience...Planet Voivod meets Planet Roadburn...waaah...

This is something I was fervently hoping to see happen as soon as Dan and Blacky played that first show in Canada w/ Snake and Away and happen it did--twice!!!

I'll post a link when the piece I write for Roadburn is up. In the meantime, you might be amused to hear that the Black Mountain guitarist/singer was proudly sporting a brand new Voivod shirt during their (excellent) show tonight, and he thanked them enthusiastically. Oh Canada!

Anyone going to Koln? It's tempting...

Cheers,
Leslie

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 18, 2011 01:48     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I made some pictures with my phone, but was more busy to dammage my neck more
I'll upload them soon...

Those backdrops were amazing!

I'm going to Cologne tomorrow, so maybe we see us there?

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 18, 2011 12:44     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
I made some pictures with my phone, but was more busy to dammage my neck more
I'll upload them soon...

Those backdrops were amazing!

I'm going to Cologne tomorrow, so maybe we see us there?

Robert, I suggest you buy several copies for the die hard fans around here and spread them around....

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 18, 2011 15:15     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here some pictures from the second show at Roadburn ->

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 18, 2011 15:16     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 18, 2011 15:20     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 18, 2011 15:34     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great Pics DBC, Thanks for sharing!!!
those backdrops RULE!!!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Mezcalla
VoivodFan
Member # 1295

posted April 18, 2011 16:06     Profile for Mezcalla   Email Mezcalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Infuckingcredible! Wow....................
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 18, 2011 16:25     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check for how long the audience is applauding and screaming after the show. They wanted them do another one, but the scedule didn't allow it.

Man, what a cool combination, Voivod and Roadburn. When I didn't have ears, I would still smile all around my head

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 18, 2011 18:43     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Planet Voivod meets Planet Roadburn just about sums it up. Yes, the digital backdrop idear is rad. You alright h? You looked deep in thought there amidst the crowd, or was that just the pints?

Forlorn, man...I like that addition lots. Sick.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 19, 2011 02:00     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice pics Robert!!

seems they had a whole different backdropset the second night...

--------------------

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted April 19, 2011 09:13     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Forlorn, hell yeah! I love that freaking song!
Thanks again for sharing, the stage looked AWESOME!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 19, 2011 17:19     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Dear God (and the band),

THANK YOU.

Sincerely,

P

Oh yeah, many thanks to Paul also! What a report!

Blacky and Snake on Forlorn! I have to go change my pants.

Thrashing Rager
VoivodFan
Member # 1288

posted April 19, 2011 23:20     Profile for Thrashing Rager   Email Thrashing Rager     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Band of the festival easily. Was in front of Blacky headbanging for both sets.
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 20, 2011 02:59     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thrashing Rager:
Band of the festival easily. Was in front of Blacky headbanging for both sets.

You must standing next to me at the Midi theatre gig. I was first row between two bold guys

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 20, 2011 11:56     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul Verhagen, one of Roadburn's finest photographers, put together this set of pictures from Voivod's Midi & the 013 shows, enjoy!
http://www.achromemoments.nl/photobook/concerts/artist/389/voivod/

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 20, 2011 12:59     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
Paul Verhagen, one of Roadburn's finest photographers, put together this set of pictures from Voivod's Midi & the 013 shows, enjoy!
http://www.achromemoments.nl/photobook/concerts/artist/389/voivod/

Great pics!

The new backdrops are amazing!

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted April 21, 2011 00:20     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great photos! thanks for posting the link. i did a quick search online the past few days but didnt come up with much.

and now for a message:

dear away, please keep growing your hair longer and longer and longer and longer and longer! <3 alysa

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 21, 2011 05:12     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here are a few more batches of Roadburn photos...

El Raim catches some of Friday's Midi mayhem: http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_raim/tags/voivod/

Stefan Raduta covers Saturday's glorious 013 show (scroll way down to get to Voivod): http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/04/roadburn_2011_d_2.html

And finally, Metalshots' Mira was on hand for both the Midi (pix 145-149): http://www.metalshots.com/2011/2011-04-14_Roadburn_Tilburg/index3.php

and the 013 (pix 184-193): http://www.metalshots.com/2011/2011-04-14_Roadburn_Tilburg/index4.php

Enjoy!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan