my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » NEW VOIVOD SONG @Roadburn!!! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: NEW VOIVOD SONG @Roadburn!!!
Mächina
VoivodFan
Member # 1095

posted April 20, 2011 00:56     Profile for Mächina   Email Mächina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wööööwww!!! simply awesome! The Hatross/Nothigface days are back and that makes me so excited for the new album!

--------------------

Turn on the machine!!!

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 20, 2011 12:13     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't watch/listen to it on the office computer, but HOLY SHIT am I excited by this news!!

And Forlom, GOD-DAMMMN. I love Phobos, it's so great they play a song from it!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 21, 2011 11:42     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Listened to it last night, and man, my mind asplodes.

Chewy sounds piggier than Piggy! Great jazz chords and very prog structure! Things are looking good for the next album!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 21, 2011 11:50     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
Yeah, very funny how Snake had to read the lirics from a sheet...

A sheet? It actually looks like a good ol' Hilroy Canada exercise book, just like we used in school!

Only difference is that THIS IS NOT AN EXERCISE!!!! \m/ \m/

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted April 21, 2011 16:38     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.
It's such a pleasure to hear something so good, and new, from this band.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 22, 2011 09:28     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is great, so glad to hear this, can't wait for the new album!!

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 22, 2011 10:50     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Chewy sounds piggier than Piggy!

Piggier than Piggy = greatest line ever

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted April 22, 2011 12:09     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new song is fantastic, the band is on fire !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted May 06, 2011 21:29     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In shock and awe at how good the new song is! VOIVOD LIVES!!!
Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted May 09, 2011 18:51     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my 2 cents:
As Pink Floyd or The Cure (2 of my all time fav-bands), Voivod have many "eras". The early Thrashing period, the second one with the perfect trilogy (kt, dh, Nf), the psychedelic one (ar, tol), the -great and underrated- Eric era (n, p, k), the Jason era (v, k, i). I must admit that the last was the era that I liked less. Can't say why, maybe the production, maybe Newsted at bass (I like jason's style, but maybe at my ears he doesn't fit perfectly in a Voivod style, if you understand what I mean. By the way, respect for helping the band to keep alive), maybe...who knows. Maybe is just my taste.
But in my taste, this new song totally blows away my ears, mind and heart, in a way that I have wished for many years. I have recorded it with my camera on Saturday @ Romagnano Sesia, and besides the crappy quality, I can't stop to listen to it: This song is a new beginning for Voivod, and I'm soooooo happy that the band is on inspiration again. Blacky and Dan exchanges riffs just like the old days, I mean this songs contains riffs for 2 albums all in one! And the changes of tempo's and atmosphere by Away, the alienated vocals of Snake... If this song is a teaser for what Voivod are today, and about what they are recording for a new album, well... This can be one of the greatest album of theyr career.
A band full of passion, a band full of inspiration, always a step foward.
I'm pretty sure that Piggy, somewhere, is proud of the guys. If the intention of go on was -also- remember Denis, making new music like this one is the best way to keep that feeling alive.
Yes, Voivod LIVES.and finally, I can see a great guitarplayer on stage: Dan is not a replacement anymore, he is a band member @ 100%, and his skills and style fits perfectly with the band. Thumbs Up Chewy!!!!!

and apologies for my bad english

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 09, 2011 21:42     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I second what Max has posted. If this is a shape of things to come, we can expect a new classic!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 10, 2011 00:03     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agreed on all points, Max.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 10, 2011 04:38     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that, Voivod needed to get back on track with the last cd's. Those are the ones I really never listen to... Sorry.

listening to the last song i think they regained the real Voivod-vibe. Hopefully it will last for years and years to come.

When I see them on stage they have so much energy and give me the feeling this is going to last for years to come......

And there's still work to be done. (DVOD-2 and DVOD-3) and some re-releases and more albums and more tours....

I am very greatfull, thanks...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted May 10, 2011 05:57     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone in this forum know, who the new song wrote?
Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted May 10, 2011 07:18     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems a cooperation at my ears...
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 10, 2011 16:34     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is indeed pleasing to the ear

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan