my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » NEW VOIVOD SONG @Roadburn!!! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: NEW VOIVOD SONG @Roadburn!!!
roman1972
VoivodFan
Member # 1187

posted April 16, 2011 12:00     Profile for roman1972   Email roman1972     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
so here we go,
fresh from the oven...ENJOY
KALLAGOS...??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySqXBre9wow

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 16, 2011 12:54     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Terrific! Great song! It wouldn't sound out of place on Nothingface, would it???

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 16, 2011 13:16     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, I was thinking Nothingface vibe as well....but a lot of far out stuff going on within that song...LOVE how it changes around the 3 min. mark. They haven't done anything this wild since uhmmm......
jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted April 16, 2011 15:37     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kaleidos it's called,

"One sip and then you'll sink"

told you so : )

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

roman1972
VoivodFan
Member # 1187

posted April 16, 2011 16:42     Profile for roman1972   Email roman1972     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that track combines all elements of the classic tripticon "killing", "hätross" and "nothingface"...superb!!!
and blacky's awesome bass-sound is killing me! hellyeah, did I miss that!

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 16, 2011 19:06     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOVING IT!
Weird, dissonant and psychedelic ... That's how I like my Voivod.

I knew Chewy was going to be able to capture the essence of Voivod and he didn't disappoint... I cannot think of any other guy in those shoes besides Piggy himself. Blacky ... well, Blacky is Blacky!!!

The only bad thing is that now the wait for the album to be released will be eternal.

VOIVOD LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 17, 2011 00:23     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is AMAZING!

Damn, as iiigggööörrr so correctly pointed out, it will now seem like an eternity waiting for this new album... after hearig how awesome this sounds.

Thanks for the link Roman! Incredible Hog also played Roadburn? Cool!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Bilibaldus
VoivodFan
Member # 798

posted April 17, 2011 01:48     Profile for Bilibaldus   Email Bilibaldus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great song!!!
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 17, 2011 03:19     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's a damn song !! Still have a sore neck of it...

It was a great experience and a nice surprise. Hope the other song on an future record will sound on it like this. And Igor, the same for me. The band and we fans are lucky with this amazing quartet.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 17, 2011 07:01     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
It's a damn song !! Still have a sore neck of it...

It was a great experience and a nice surprise. Hope the other song on an future record will sound on it like this. And Igor, the same for me. The band and we fans are lucky with this amazing quartet.

Yeah, very funny how Snake had to read the lirics from a sheet... We met him outside where he was learning the words!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 17, 2011 09:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCKING COOL SONG!!!
The future looks bright for Voivod.
VOIVOD LIVES!!!!

--------------------

yawn

roman1972
VoivodFan
Member # 1187

posted April 17, 2011 11:27     Profile for roman1972   Email roman1972     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THEY PLAYED "FORLORN"???WOW!!!!
anybody got good quality footage of that performance???

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted April 17, 2011 12:45     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Like my grandmother would say "good holy shit thats good!".
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 17, 2011 14:52     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roman1972:
THEY PLAYED "FORLORN"???WOW!!!!
anybody got good quality footage of that performance???

Well, not "good" quality., n=but in the new post about Roadburn is a video of that song.

I shot it especially for the people over here to enjoy. And because it was so special...

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 18, 2011 08:06     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, it's been a while ... so, WAS THE NEW ALBUM ALREADY RELEASED ???

...I mean, I cannot wait more than this...

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 18, 2011 09:20     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:
Ok, it's been a while ... so, WAS THE NEW ALBUM ALREADY RELEASED ???

...I mean, I cannot wait more than this...

It's not released, but they brought some copies to sell with the other merch at Roadburn. It's worth waiting Igor

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Mezcalla
VoivodFan
Member # 1295

posted April 18, 2011 10:56     Profile for Mezcalla   Email Mezcalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're talking about demo's of the new album???
dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted April 18, 2011 11:32     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this is so awesome! im sitting on the couch with my boyfriend and just kept poking him going "AHHHH!!! IT SOUNDS SO OLDSCHOOL!" and he just smiled because he hasnt fully grasped the awesomeness that is THE VOIVOD.

MarkofChrist
VoivodFan
Member # 1287

posted April 18, 2011 11:53     Profile for MarkofChrist   Email MarkofChrist     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great! The new album is going to be hard to wait for..but what can you do! Are we there yet? Are we there yet?!
Mezcalla
VoivodFan
Member # 1295

posted April 18, 2011 15:17     Profile for Mezcalla   Email Mezcalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/04/18/new-voivod-sounds-like-old-voivod-and-makes-this-old-voivod-feel-like-a-new-voivod-fan/
roman1972
VoivodFan
Member # 1187

posted April 18, 2011 18:35     Profile for roman1972   Email roman1972     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm gonna see them on sunday in good old Hamburg!!! I'll provide pics and video...well, if I'm not creaming my pants, I'm pretty sure they have another suprise-song up their sleeves (other than FORLORN!)...VOIVOD!!!
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 18, 2011 23:14     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Even on a live video post, it's everything I thought it could be! I've been saying it for many years: Blacky is so crucial to the Voivod sound. Vastly underrated. I can't wait for a full album!

Long Live Voivod!
Long Live the Blower Bass!

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted April 19, 2011 04:25     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My heart rate went up at a stroke listening to this I CAN HEAR A GREAT NEW VOIVOD SONG thank god!

Like you said Schroeder the future looks bright!

--------------------

What the...?

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted April 19, 2011 09:09     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Loving it!!! What a fabulous guitar part at min 5:00!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Thrashing Rager
VoivodFan
Member # 1288

posted April 19, 2011 23:17     Profile for Thrashing Rager   Email Thrashing Rager     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They were selling the new live album Warriors of Ice and T-shirts with that cover art on them. Also got a Killing Technology bumper sticker.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan